Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you killed this morning?

Nope, and that's the whole point. If I had been, both these people would be passing along info that was to the best of their knowledge, and neither one of 'em would have been right.

Has he ever been anything but an automaton? Something caught my ear when his volleyball friend testified. He said BC was competetive but never got angry OR excited.

I think that may fall into the psychopath/sociopath description.

I have seen something similiar about people on the fence as to what I am going to say, but I swear of the BDI people, even if there was video of someone else murdering her, or if someone admitted killing her on the stand you are so boxed into your thoughts of he did it, you wouldn't beleive either the video or the person admitting it. I have never seen people so certain of circumstantial evidence that doesn't even hold up by itself.

I'd say this is true for maybe 2 or 3 of the BDI people on this forum, but certainly not all.

My feeling from having read these forums is that some of the BDI people are more swayed with the emotions of the situation.

Just because I'm skeptical and do not think the state has proven their case does not mean I lack any sensitivity or compassion. Or that I'm trying to blame or smear the victim.

While I'm on the BII side of the fence right now, I can change my mind based on new information.

I have to assume you think he never called to check on the investigation because there are no records at the Cary PD, right? Well, using that standard, NC never had a blackberry either...think about it.

Det. D stated in his trial testimony that BC never, not once, called to check on how things were going. He then testified that Nancy's family called at least once daily, sometimes more.

I have absolutely no doubt brad cooper killed nancy cooper. If that's what you mean, then yes, proven. And I would never compromise my verdict.

How can you say that? Suppose tomorrow the defense shows up with a video of someone else actually killing her and a signed confession, taken at midnight tonight by the real killer, in a crash of conscience?

If I was a juror, I would HAVE to vote not guilty, because there is not ONE SINGLE piece of evidence that could not be REASONABLY explained in another way. If there IS, I would be willing to debate that, but I have not seen ONE piece of evidence that can meet the standard of, "It HAD to be him."

Zen, I tend to agree, there is a lot of circumstantial 'stuff'. The only real piece of solid evidence, imo, is the google map search/files of Fielding Drive. HOWEVER, the fact that the prosecution and judge are fighting so hard to keep the defense from rebutting that testimony makes me have doubt as to it's validity.

I came to this board believing BC was guilty. That belief was based on what was in the media. I still believe BC is guilty BUT as of right now I have reasonable doubt. "Believing" is not enough.

"Bills paid--somewhat, $300 a week allowance--also included having to pay for groceries for a family of 4"

I assure you, we eat healthy, and on FAR less than $300 a week.

"the BMW was not new"

This one is a JOKE, right?

"not having to work--Nancy WANTED to work"

And her inability to was NOT BC's fault.

"nice house--that they were perhaps on the verge of losing"

BECAUSE of her spending.

"nice friends--maybe"

They believed even her most ASININE stories.

"You may be comparing your lifestyle with the wrong people. If you have love in your home, with your child or children, that is much greater than anything else you could ever have or want. Materialistic things are just that--things. Love is what life is about."

Considering the HUGE credit card bills she ran up, and the high dollar clothing she wore, "materialistic" seems to be the life she WANTED.

I suggest you go back to the affidavits and the early testimony in this trial, and review everything before you come to so many conclusions.

Maybe at the time Nancy was talking to Mr. Lopez, she did think she would go running the next day. She didn't leave the party until after midnight. This conversation was held at least an hour, if not more, before that. Maybe Nancy changed her mind, maybe she didn't.

Either way, she was dead before she ever got a chance to run again, IMHO.

OR - maybe she DID go run and was killed during or after run. Very possible that she did go running. Noone has proved otherwise. Let us not forget the eyewitnessed that DID see her go run

Det. D stated in his trial testimony that BC never, not once, called to check on how things were going. He then testified that Nancy's family called at least once daily, sometimes more.

Now lets be honest, if he called EVERYDAY, there are people here who would be saying he was searching for what info they had on HIM. But also consider that he KNEW he was a suspect from the way he was being treated. He watches TV, he knows he is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Nope, and that's the whole point. If I had been, both these people would be passing along info that was to the best of their knowledge, and neither one of 'em would have been right.

But the one dude was walking with you, so of course he wouldn't say you went to yoga. He's not passing along info that's to the best of his knowledge, he's passing along info of what actually happened.

Math can't be equated with a human being. A Brad Cooper human being that did everything in the world different on the morning of July 12 than he'd ever done before and there is truthful testimony that bears this out. And that is just the beginning. I keep remembering the testimony from Det. D. that Brad never once called to see how the case was progressing. The R. family called daily, or more. That says a lot all by itself.

What testimony bears that out? You have no evidence of what he did on other Saturday mornings.

In the undeniable abscence of any concrete physical evidence, many on here have pointed to BC's actions and how "odd" they were, or how they "differered" from what was his normal routine.

Has anyone considered that we do not KNOW his normal routine? He was a very private person, that we know. So the only "personality traits" we can depend on is those from people in the neighborhood, some of whom were willing to LIE to see him convicted, and were turned against BC by NC's words. So WAS he acting out of character, or was he acting out of the character NC painted of him to her friends (which we KNOW, to some degree, was a lie)?

As to some of the posts that say, sarcastically, I assume, that it was CONVENIENT that a stranger murdered her right when they were divorcing, I am reminded of a line from the Shawshank Redemption, when Tim Robbins is on the stand, and being cross examined by the prosecution about the inability to find the murder weapon:

District Attorney: And that also is very convenient, isn't it, Mr. Dufresne?

Andy Dufresne: Since I am innocent of this crime, sir, I find it decidedly *inconvenient* that the gun was never found.

His "character" (although I think he has none) and his normalcy doesn't play into any of the factors that I find point directly to Brad:
He did not withdraw and/or pay Nancy her allowance on that Friday.
He was the last person to see Nancy alive.
He lied about being asleep and yet was on the computer checking her emails.
He made two odd trips to HT within minutes of each other on the same morning, wearing two different shoes, wearing a zip up jacket zipped to his chin, and long pants on a July hot, humid morning in North Carolina.
He knew exactly what item of clothing Nancy had left on her body when she was found.
He did not call the police when his wife did not return home from a "jog."
He did not call any hospitals or emergency rooms in trying to locate his wife.
He did not answer his cell phone from calls while he was "searching for Nancy.
He did not return a phone call to a police officer even after a voice mail was left when his wife was missing and he was "searching" for his wife.
Items were missing from the home that have never been produced.
The shoes he wore to HT on one of the early morning trips have never been found or produced.
He laundered the dress she wore the night before rather than produce it to the police when they asked for her clothing.
The trunk of his car was so spotlessly clean that not one hair, lint ball, or speck of dirt was found.
His computer has a google search of the very spot his wife's body was found on the day before she went missing.
He had the knowledge, means, and equipment to produce a fake call to his cell phone.
He was found to be in possession of a diamond necklace that his wife never took off.
He did not produce the two right shoes missing from NC's cache of running shoes.
He did not question police as to where his wife was found or by what means his wife was dead.

None of that concerns his normal behavior or his character.

Having an affair with his wife's best friend and lying about it certainly does.
Doing it in the closet while his/her children are steps away certainly does.
Screaming and yelling with his wife in the parking lot of his daughter's school in front of his daughters certainly does.
Not showing one ounce of emotion over the death of the mother of his children certainly does.
Removing your wife from all financial accounts and withdrawing any access to any marital funds without telling her certainly does.
Not paying the utility bills to the point of disconnect and yet not leaving your wife means to do so certainly does.
Following your spouse to the gas station to monitor the amount of gas and money certainly does.
Traveling to foreign countries and flinging it up with a foreign chick certainly does.
Spying on your spouse's email accounts certainly does.

But we've been through all of this before and people can talk until they're blue in the face and it won't change minds either way. I know I will NEVER believe that the entire Cary Police Department framed BC, with the assistance of a grand jury, the FBI, dozens of accommodating friends/relatives who ain't a 'scared of perjury charges and would rather see the children's father go to prison rather than the real killer, the DA's staff, and the judge, and now several of the defense witnesses. No, Brad did this to himself. He did this all by his lonesome - just what he deserves to be for the rest of his natural life - lonesome... no children, no family to visit, and no friends. Such a pathetic loser.

I suggest you go back to the affidavits and the early testimony in this trial, and review everything before you come to so many conclusions.

There were no conclusions in that post. There were a few facts. Having more to spend on FOOD than many people have to spend on LIFE is a FACT. That a used BMW is somehow considered a HARDSHIP is ridiculous. That she contributed to the financial problems with her spending is a FACT.

None of that is changed by an affidavit.

Brad cooper also told the cops nancy never ran alone. and she told her running partner, carrie whatever, that she wasn't running on saturday.

But this witness said she told him she was planning/thinking about jogging on Saturday. So is it not plausible that she could call CC first thing Saturday to run with her?

I'd say this is true for maybe 2 or 3 of the BDI people on this forum, but certainly not all.

My feeling from having read these forums is that some of the BDI people are more swayed with the emotions of the situation.

Just because I'm skeptical and do not think the state has proven their case does not mean I lack any sensitivity or compassion. Or that I'm trying to blame or smear the victim.

While I'm on the BII side of the fence right now, I can change my mind based on new information.

I appreciate your thoughts and feelings on this. I am convinced that Brad did it, but I am also trying to keep my mind open to evidence that there was, indeed, another way....another person involved.... and not Brad. It would be easier to think that he didn't do it for the sake of all family members. I do have a strong tendency to think with my heart instead of my head. However, the long list of coincidences, especially in the days following her disappearance, just seem to point to Brad. Even if they never prove the cell phone stuff, nor the computer stuff, I will still remember the missing ducks and sticks, his crazed cleaning on the morning of the 12th, so many things like that just don't add up either.

Brad cooper also told the cops nancy never ran alone. and she told her running partner, carrie whatever, that she wasn't running on saturday.

To me, that points more to "not guilty". If BC killed her, why in the world would he tell police NC never ran alone? And why, when he heard the location of the body, would he tell LE "she would not have run there".?

What I've learned from this case is that classism is alive and well. People do seem to dislike Cary and they dislike people who live in Cary. Many people see Nancy as a spoiled brat and they see Brad as a henpecked husband just trying to do the right thing for everyone involved.

I see people who don't know what evidence is, don't understand circumstantial evidence, don't know how a legal case proceeds, don't understand laws, don't understand anything, but they feel everything is unfair.

I see people who if there is not a bloody crime scene with multiple layers of DNA and big fancy graphics and Marg Helgenberger to host, don't believe a crime even occurred.

I see people who think only dumb people get caught and therefore if someone is known to be really smart, they can't commit a murder AND get caught cause really smart people wouldn't do that.

I see people who will twist themselves into a pretzel to try and point suspicion away from the one guy who had the most to gain, had motive, opportunity and absolutely the means to commit the murder.

And finally, I see people who will grasp onto any (and every) conspiracy theory that a human can conjure up to show why a defendant couldn't possibly have commited the murder. They will even avoid logic, rational thought, and common sense, because they believe law enforcement is filled with mostly crooked people hellbent on hurting innocent citizens. They believe all cops are bad, and wild and complicated conspiracies work to reinforce their paranoia.

His "character" (although I think he has none) and his normalcy doesn't play into any of the factors that I find point directly to Brad:
He did not withdraw and/or pay Nancy her allowance on that Friday.
He was the last person to see Nancy alive.
He lied about being asleep and yet was on the computer checking her emails.
He made two odd trips to HT within minutes of each other on the same morning, wearing two different shoes, wearing a zip up jacket zipped to his chin, and long pants on a July hot, humid morning in North Carolina.
He knew exactly what item of clothing Nancy had left on her body when she was found.
He did not call the police when his wife did not return home from a "jog."
He did not call any hospitals or emergency rooms in trying to locate his wife.
He did not answer his cell phone from calls while he was "searching for Nancy.
He did not return a phone call to a police officer even after a voice mail was left when his wife was missing and he was "searching" for his wife.
Items were missing from the home that have never been produced.
The shoes he wore to HT on one of the early morning trips have never been found or produced.
He laundered the dress she wore the night before rather than produce it to the police when they asked for her clothing.
The trunk of his car was so spotlessly clean that not one hair, lint ball, or speck of dirt was found.
His computer has a google search of the very spot his wife's body was found on the day before she went missing.
He had the knowledge, means, and equipment to produce a fake call to his cell phone.
He was found to be in possession of a diamond necklace that his wife never took off.
He did not produce the two right shoes missing from NC's cache of running shoes.
He did not question police as to where his wife was found or by what means his wife was dead.

None of that concerns his normal behavior or his character.

Having an affair with his wife's best friend and lying about it certainly does.
Doing it in the closet while his/her children are steps away certainly does.
Screaming and yelling with his wife in the parking lot of his daughter's school in front of his daughters certainly does.
Not showing one ounce of emotion over the death of the mother of his children certainly does.
Removing your wife from all financial accounts and withdrawing any access to any marital funds without telling her certainly does.
Not paying the utility bills to the point of disconnect and yet not leaving your wife means to do so certainly does.
Following your spouse to the gas station to monitor the amount of gas and money certainly does.
Traveling to foreign countries and flinging it up with a foreign chick certainly does.
Spying on your spouse's email accounts certainly does.

But we've been through all of this before and people can talk until they're blue in the face and it won't change minds either way. I know I will NEVER believe that the entire Cary Police Department framed BC, with the assistance of a grand jury, the FBI, dozens of accommodating friends/relatives who ain't a 'scared of perjury charges and would rather see the children's father go to prison rather than the real killer, the DA's staff, and the judge, and now several of the defense witnesses. No, Brad did this to himself. He did this all by his lonesome - just what he deserves to be for the rest of his natural life - lonesome... no children, no family to visit, and no friends. Such a pathetic loser.

Thank you so much for getting this all down--again.
I couldn't have done it. Good job.

There were no conclusions in that post. There were a few facts. Having more to spend on FOOD than many people have to spend on LIFE is a FACT. That a used BMW is somehow considered a HARDSHIP is ridiculous. That she contributed to the financial problems with her spending is a FACT.

None of that is changed by an affidavit.

She **contributed** to the hardship, yes. But she was not totally responsible for it. Testimony today indicated that any one of the Ironman things usually ran $2,000--$2500. Brad liked the finer thing in life too and spent a great deal on what Brad wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734