State v Bradley Cooper 4-26-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoee spend a little time in court and it is darn near impossible to catch up around here!

You seem to be posting things as fact that are not. NC did not buy groceries for four, she bought for herself and the children, and BC still picked up incidentals. BC bought his own groceries. Groceries for one adult and two children under five should not have exceeded even $100 a week. Even AS testified to that. NC's BMW was new. No matter how you try to justify it, $300 a week was not pocket change.

I do apologize for my mistake (s).

What I've learned from this case is that classism is alive and well. People do seem to dislike Cary and they dislike people who live in Cary. Many people see Nancy as a spoiled brat and they see Brad as a henpecked husband just trying to do the right thing for everyone involved.

I see people who don't know what evidence is, don't understand circumstantial evidence, don't know how a legal case proceeds, don't understand laws, don't understand anything, but they feel everything is unfair.

I see people who if there is not a bloody crime scene with multiple layers of DNA and big fancy graphics and Marg Helgenberger to host, don't believe a crime even occurred.

I see people who think only dumb people get caught and therefore if someone is known to be really smart, they can't commit a murder AND get caught cause really smart people wouldn't do that.

I see people who will twist themselves into a pretzel to try and point suspicion away from the one guy who had the most to gain, had motive, opportunity and absolutely the means to commit the murder.

And finally, I see people who will grasp onto any (and every) conspiracy theory that a human can conjure up to show why a defendant couldn't possibly have commited the murder. They will even avoid logic, rational thought, and common sense, because they believe law enforcement is filled with mostly crooked people hellbent on hurting innocent citizens. They believe all cops are bad, and wild and complicated conspiracies work to reinforce their paranoia.

I see a small segment of the population (on this forum) who are unable to look at facts and draw reasonable conclusions.

Can you expand on that statement please?

I will try to find what I was reading yesterday. It was not the taped child custody depositions, it was a printed affidavit. I'll report back.

His "character" (although I think he has none) and his normalcy doesn't play into any of the factors that I find point directly to Brad:
He did not withdraw and/or pay Nancy her allowance on that Friday. Does this prove murder? No.
He was the last person to see Nancy alive. Not a fact.
He lied about being asleep and yet was on the computer checking her emails. Not proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
He made two odd trips to HT within minutes of each other on the same morning, wearing two different shoes, wearing a zip up jacket zipped to his chin, and long pants on a July hot, humid morning in North Carolina. Defense cross on this satisfied me. e.g. different doors, different shoes.
He knew exactly what item of clothing Nancy had left on her body when she was found. I didn't hear this testimony. But I believe he stated that she was wearing x sports bra -- not that they'll find her only in x sports bra.
He did not call the police when his wife did not return home from a "jog." PD was called within a reasonable time, a second call was unnecessary.
He did not call any hospitals or emergency rooms in trying to locate his wife. He drove around looking and knew all of her friends were looking.He did not answer his cell phone from calls while he was "searching for Nancy. I recall one call from PD not answered, were there more?
He did not return a phone call to a police officer even after a voice mail was left when his wife was missing and he was "searching" for his wife. PD caught up with him fairly soon after the call/message, no?
Items were missing from the home that have never been produced. Agree. There is testimony to that effect.
The shoes he wore to HT on one of the early morning trips have never been found or produced. Not sure about this.He laundered the dress she wore the night before rather than produce it to the police when they asked for her clothing. Hadn't it already been laundered? He wasn't even sure which dress she wore that night.The trunk of his car was so spotlessly clean that not one hair, lint ball, or speck of dirt was found. Yep, he cleaned it. I cleaned mine this weekend too.
His computer has a google search of the very spot his wife's body was found on the day before she went missing. I discount this testimony due to the fact that the prosecution & judge are fighting so hard not to let the defense rebut it. If this were solid evidence why would the prosecution be so afraid to let a defense expert rebut?
He had the knowledge, means, and equipment to produce a fake call to his cell phone. He did not have the equipment. No evidence that he actually faked the call only that he might know how.
He was found to be in possession of a diamond necklace that his wife never took off. There are pictures of her without the necklace.He did not produce the two right shoes missing from NC's cache of running shoes. I did not see this testimony but it was posted earlier on this thread that the two shoes found were not her size....
He did not question police as to where his wife was found or by what means his wife was dead. Not proof of murder, not even CE.
None of that concerns his normal behavior or his character. (none of the following is evidence of murder)

Having an affair with his wife's best friend and lying about it certainly does.
Doing it in the closet while his/her children are steps away certainly does.
Screaming and yelling with his wife in the parking lot of his daughter's school in front of his daughters certainly does.
Not showing one ounce of emotion over the death of the mother of his children certainly does.
Removing your wife from all financial accounts and withdrawing any access to any marital funds without telling her certainly does.
Not paying the utility bills to the point of disconnect and yet not leaving your wife means to do so certainly does.
Following your spouse to the gas station to monitor the amount of gas and money certainly does.
Traveling to foreign countries and flinging it up with a foreign chick certainly does.
Spying on your spouse's email accounts certainly does.

But we've been through all of this before and people can talk until they're blue in the face and it won't change minds either way. I know I will NEVER believe that the entire Cary Police Department framed BC, I don't believe they framed him, but I also don't believe they have proof of his guilt

with the assistance of a grand jury (GJ indictment means nothing in NC) , the FBI, dozens of accommodating friends/relatives who ain't a 'scared of perjury charges and would rather see the children's father go to prison rather than the real killer, the DA's staff, and the judge, and now several of the defense witnesses. No, Brad did this to himself. He did this all by his lonesome - just what he deserves to be for the rest of his natural life - lonesome... no children, no family to visit, and no friends. Such a pathetic loser.

see my comments in red above

Boy is there some serious baiting posts going on tonight in this thread (from both sides).

Hope no one gets a TO over it.

What is interesting is the double standard. Picture of BC holding hands with French woman...they MUST have been having an affair.

NC NAKED in the couch with JP...well, not really SURE that they actually had sex.

Huh?

Oh please, Brad Cooper, spending money on a trip to France, when the coopers are broke. And having a fling with a french student, while his wife is home with the kids. Where's all the outrage over the cost of a trip to France for ONE of the couple?

I will continue my search for the paper I was reading yesterday and give the link when I find it.
I think I'm going to spend some time now with my dogs.

Oh please, Brad Cooper, spending money on a trip to France, when the coopers are broke. And having a fling with a french student, while his wife is home with the kids. Where's all the outrage over the cost of a trip to France for ONE of the couple?

I actually think Cisco paid for most of his trip--since they paid for his MBA, and he stopped along the way to service Cisco things in Ireland. And I don't believe either party was on a budget in Spring 2007, which is when this trip was. Also, no proof of a fling.

So all the defense would have needed to do would have been to conduct a DNA test to get their answer to that question. If they already know that she is indeed Brad's offspring, how gallant of them to bring this into the realm of discussion at the expense of the youngest daughter. I guess anything to try to get off a murder charge, eh?

Have you been following this trial much? Defense tried several times to get DNA tests of the children. They sent letters requesting it very early on and it's come up several times in testimony and every time defense has asked CPD if they obtained the DNA, the answer was no. (Specifically Det. Young).

At this point the father is unknown. If you were wrongfully accused of murder, wouldn't you want your defense team to bring this out in the open? Especially since the man she slept with initially lied about it?

How do you know his employer didn't pay for it? I am pretty sure they did as it was part of the class.

Some general thoughts from the courtroom today...

Kurtz and Boz MUCH less annoying in the courtroom versus on video

Cummings, 10,000 times MORE annoying in the courtroom versus on video

It is very hard not to look at the jury or not stare down the witnesses

HP and KL really immature and inappropriately talking, giggling and passing notes throughout. I don't think the jury likes their behavior at all.

I was surprised to see young children in the audience

So all the defense would have needed to do would have been to conduct a DNA test to get their answer to that question. If they already know that she is indeed Brad's offspring, how gallant of them to bring this into the realm of discussion at the expense of the youngest daughter. I guess anything to try to get off a murder charge, eh?

David Westerfield accused his own son of putting child *advertiser censored* on his computer. Some people will stop at nothing to save the hide of worthless

How can you say that? Suppose tomorrow the defense shows up with a video of someone else actually killing her and a signed confession, taken at midnight tonight by the real killer, in a crash of conscience?

Not going to happen because Brad cooper is the real killer. this isn't a game, nancy cooper was carelessly dumped into a ditch, naked, head first, like garbage, by her husband. period.

Not going to happen because Brad cooper is the real killer. this isn't a game, nancy cooper was carelessly dumped into a ditch, naked, head first, like garbage, by her husband. period.

I respectfully disagree.

She **contributed** to the hardship, yes. But she was not totally responsible for it. Testimony today indicated that any one of the Ironman things usually ran $2,000--$2500. Brad liked the finer thing in life too and spent a great deal on what Brad wanted.

And IIRC, wasn't it testifed to that Brad participated in 15 over approx. 2 years? And that trip to France wasn't cheap.

Some general thoughts from the courtroom today...

Kurtz and Boz MUCH less annoying in the courtroom versus on video

Cummings, 10,000 times MORE annoying in the courtroom versus on video

It is very hard not to look at the jury or not stare down the witnesses

HP and KL really immature and inappropriately talking, giggling and passing notes throughout. I don't think the jury likes their behavior at all.

I was surprised to see young children in the audience

Thanks for the info, SleuthinNC. Several people commented on the HP/KL interaction today, it looked odd from the video feed.

Interesting take on the attorneys. Has anyone in the BDI camp visited court at all? I'd be interested to hear their perceptions.

And IIRC, wasn't it testifed to that Brad participated in 15 over approx. 2 years? And that trip to France wasn't cheap.

I do believe there was testimony that there were a lot of them in a two-year time span.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734