State v Bradley Cooper 4-28-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Here is is. Arrows pointing to the pendant and chain.

Not good quality, but best I could get with the tools at hand.

View attachment 14836

Compression artifact.

As others have said, we are looking at a still from a video from a video cast onto a screen at an angle to the camera. Unless WRAL got a copy of that video.

Here's a fact.....my duck theory, proposed before I saw the ducks , now doesn't fly, (about use of one of these ducks as a weapon)
and I am willing to say that now that I have seen a picture. I missed that somehow,
when my son came home from school. These are standing ducks, not sitting ducks.... :blushing:
and it would have to be a sitting duck and smaller to fit in the hand to work.
Like others pointed out, WE don't think so, and I agree! humbled but willing to move on with no shame and willing to laugh at myself. :floorlaugh:

The ducks were there...just not in the foyer.

There's only one place a necklace can be if you "wear it all the time".

;)

I disagree.

I distinctly remember a scene in "Naked Gun" where it slipped down to her ankle...:rocker:

Could they have objected and put up their own screen shot?

Oh sure, they could have brought in an expert stating that on his examination of the video he saw the necklace, saw tampering of the video, etc. But the fact that they didn't even dispute the video is them acknowledging that it wasn't there (despite what others on here might like to imply).

Are her wedding rings visible? I wish I could look at this stuff too, but I don't know how. Was BC's wedding ring visible in his HT video?

Could somone summarize the findings this afternoon? I'm confused about how many different experts were discussed today. Seems like there was a forensics person referring to the ThinkPad hard drive and then there is a Cisco engineer who has new info on routers? Is this correct? Were both denied?

wouldn't the store have records to show if NC used a credit card for that purchase?

Yes, I agree.

Seems to me, they would have to have a record of every transaction that those machines processed -- to account sales for the day and most certainly because the non-cash txns would have to be electronically shipped to VISA, M/C, whatever, or to their bank, to receive payment (I'm an IT banker from way-y-y-y back, so I know how this stuff has to be handled...). And if a transmission went haywire or a server was down somewhere, etc.,and did not receive the txns, they might have to re-ship.

But it seemed obvious to me that she was pumping dollar bills of whatever denomination into the machine -- you can see where she is inserting something that appears to be bills in there 3 or 4 times. Again, probably the last time in her life that she ever did that.
icon9.gif

wow you guys are being really rude to each other. why so snarky? some of you seem really "personally" invested in this case. take a step back and a deep breath while you're at it. this is for BOTH sides AND fence people!

Except the two same footed shoes in the house were not her size and the opposites were not characterized as missing by CPD, and her current pair of Saucony running shoes were missing.

I think I've posted this 3 times today already and twice yesterday. I know there is a lot of CE involved, but some of this baseless 'evidence' was debunked long ago.

What size were they. They looked very similar in size to the other pairs of shoes in the line-up. Who's two same-footed shoes were they then?
So you are thinking the killer took her shoes (saucony) but left her diamond ear rings?

Don't post a reply if it is 'baseless' in your opinion. :banghead:
And by the way... debunked in your opinion doesn't necessarily coincide with everyone else's debunking.

Are her wedding rings visible? I wish I could look at this stuff too, but I don't know how. Was BC's wedding ring visible in his HT video?

I see a shadow on her finger but can't tell if it's a ring.

I do remember the state showing a photo to a witness. I think it was a photo from the vacation they had gone on to Hilton Head right before Nancy was killed. I looked at the photo thinking, "Well, I don't see the necklace". Then Amy F. zoomed in several times and then you could see it. I'm not saying that the necklace is there in that video but I do have to say that the quality is so bad, it's not conclusive that it is NOT there either. MOO

But I don't think the quality of the video itself is that poor. It's just what we are seeing as a video of a video, shot at an angle, broadcast over the internet.

They weren't at a hotel. They were staying in a private home on that vacation.

No one can say for sure either way without some high tech enhancement. That's the point. The video and still from the video in it's existing resolution, is not of sufficient quality to tell either way. It looks to me like she might be wearing her earrings in a different frame from that video. I can't determine anything wrt the necklace.

I'll agree to disagree. I'm satisfied that she isn't wearing one since the prosecution didn't try to refute it. That's enough for me.

So you are thinking the killer took her shoes (saucony) but left her diamond ear rings?

I don't think the motive was robbery.
There were other articles of clothing missing aside from the shoes.
Victims are found partially dressed, even in situations which do not involve sexual assault.
Whoever has/had the other articles has/had the shoes.

Here's an interesting comment from a July 16, 2008 story that, if true, shows police truly were zeroed in (incorrectly, we now know) on BC early on:

I work with someone who said her best friend was down at the police station yesterday getting her P.I. license. She mentioned to one of the guys there, "You guys have some action going on in Cary, huh?" He nodded. She said, "I think the husband did it." To which he replied, "We know who did it."

The police are carefully crafting their case. It is important that they be able to put this person away, and in the meantime they cannot damage their case, so they must be tightlipped and protective of their information. It doesn't mean they don't know anything. In fact, the family probably knows everything they know, and did not want Brad at that news conference. If he is guilty, and they know it, they could not stand to be in the same room as him, faking solidarity. I think that is why he was not there. The family did not want him there. But the police can't tell us that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech