State v Bradley Cooper 4-5-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
no administrative rights only gets you in so far, thats why if someone uses pirated software they have to get a crack to access it...
There is NO WAY Brad would have the rights to format his work computer...if he did... Cisco would not have needed to take off sensitive material from his work phone and computer before handing it over to the Police

I don't agree. There is no relationship between his ability to format his work computer's hard drive and Cisco's desire to remove sensitive material before turning it over to police.

Apparantly not according to Mr. Fry...I have to assume whatever items he had were somehow connected to him..so IF goes awol it could be tracked..but it would not stop or deter Brad from using it for his own personal gain.

Apparantly Brad brought all sorts of stuff earlier in the year 2008..and found her phone her phone line clicking (suspecting tapping) and demanded it all be removed..Think it was back..Sorry dont have ha link to earlier testimony or depos..so guess I can only say IIRC

VOIP-based phone systems very frequently have weird background noises like clicking, etc. Anyone who has used Skype (another VOIP technology) can attest to this.

This was related to his Cisco issued laptop only, correct?

Granted, I did not hear his entire testimony, this is what I heard as well (that take home w/o signing out only pertained to computer). Did he get asked about other equipment at a later point?

VOIP-based phone systems very frequently have weird background noises like clicking, etc. Anyone who has used Skype (another VOIP technology) can attest to this.

Somehow I dont think their Voip phone line was new..given the business Brad was in..but all of a sudden things started to happen..Call it paranoia..ok..As it turned out she was likely dead right :sick:

ETA~ I also have a feeling that included her cell phone :-(

Kinda off topic but not quite: I have just been hoping against hope that Cummings will NOT be the one doing the closing statements in this trial. Zellinger or A. Fitzhugh either one could wrap it up and bring it home to the jury.

MOO

LaL - We do think alike -- he is first chair, but Zell would deliver with a punch. I thougt Fitzhugh was good for the opener -- speaking in her feminine way but serious in manner, soft-spoken but delivered some hard words. I think they should go out with an indignant SHOUT, and our Zellinger is the man to do it. Surely, Shirley, this is their plan. Please Santa, that's all we want for Christmas this year.... :santahat:

Let's just hope it won't take until Christmas to deliver it!!

Lots of high tech companies allow the users full admin rights on their PCs. They allow employees to download software and do not lock the image load. They cover things by saying any employee is responsible for maintaining licenses for anything they have on their system. Depending on the level of support / helpdesk available - some large IT companies have DOD spec HDD wiping tools available for download on their own internal sites and recommend employees do it when they get a new machine - after all - the machine may not be secure as it is shipped to the central processing location for reclamation / refurbishment, etc. My company wipes HDD's when they get them at their asset recovery center. HOWEVER - they have disk wiping available as the laptop is not sure should it be stolen / lost in transport.

Anyone technical would insist on this level of cleaning of an HDD prior to getting rid of a PC. There's simply too much of our collective lives on each laptop in my home.

I am pretty sure Cisco has the same liberal computer rights policy in place - end users with admin rights, etc. They do - however, back up most everything on the laptops as part of their support, and - be aware that almost all intracompany IM's are stored on servers somewhere. You are NOT having any private conversations.

I don't think so. The small things are adding up...........it may be boring but this is real life, not a made for tv show. We just need patience.

I think the puzzel pieces are fitting together quite nicely. The "MOTIVE" has been proven and he did have "OPPORTUNITY"... not all the I's have dotted nor have the T's been crossed but we are getting closer....

I've said it before. When a couple decides to separate, someone needs to move out. There is way too much tension once you make that decision it is over. My guess is they couldn't afford it.

Divulging some private details, but in my first marriage, my husband cheated and I left the very night I found out about it. I had no local friends, hadn't lived in the area for long and went to a hotel alone then found an apartment the very next day. I couldn't stand the sight of him. I hired movers, listed the house and that was that. Done. Oh, and I also cleaned out the bank accounts before he had a chance to.

She should have left and stayed with one of her many friends until she could get situated.

BBM. Why? Do you believe that had she left she'd be alive today?

There's lots of blame on Nancy or "she should have's" and I have been guilty of it myself. But I am now wondering / asking myself "so what?" Did she contribute to her death? And again - even if it's in a tiny way - it means we're all thinking the same thing - she pushed him, taunted him, threatened him with financial ruin and having to support her and the girls, etc

SO WHAT?

It still points to folks somehow blaming her for her death - and - strangely - it also points to her dying by her husband's hand......

I believe it points towards pre-planning a murder.

JANUARY 2008 - The New Year starts with Nancy finally finding out the truth of Brad's affair. After months of denials he finally admits it and claims he is in love with H.M. Nancy is 'done' with the marriage and done with trying to work on the marriage.

FEBRUARY 2008 - Brad removes Nancy from all accounts.

MARCH 2008 - Nancy gets Alice Stubbs, Attorney and first draft of separation agreement starts.

APRIL 2008 - Brad realizes he's going to have to pay beaucoup bucks to Nancy. Brad abruptly cancels NC's move back to Canada when previously he couldn't wait for the 3 of them to leave. NC was supposed to leave April 25.

APRIL 2008 - Brad has all of NC's emails forwarded to his own account. From April 2008 through July 11 2008.

APRIL 2008 - Brad is laying some foundation of his own. Finding out how to completely wipe a hard drive (why he had to ask someone else I don't know, but he did).

This is the start of his planning, or, at least where I think it really started to gel in his mind. The 'when' was not set yet, but the thought to kill Nancy was formed, IMHO.

And - as the resident catathymic crisis lunatic :maddening:- I'll contend that the separation agreement was the thing that made Brad determine that the only way to get "out" was to kill her and he became obsessed with it (but did not act on it) and started listening to her calls, being more and more controlling, making himself look better (SuperDad), planning an alibi and determining how he'd pull it off and then - something - either in the emails of 7/12 or in nancy's beahvior the night she returned from the party pushed him over the edge and he kicked off his plan. I see him as a planner and someone with maniacal focus. And enough arrogance to think he could get away with it.

To someone in this state of mind - it makes sense to kill her. the mechanics of it come "naturally" and then afterward - they are likely to be described as detached, aloof, etc.

Once again I offer this paper about spousal killers - how they may not ever have had a history of domestic violence, how the threat of abandonment can push someone like Brad over the edge, etc.....

http://www.drdondutton.com/Papers/2...perandi of spousal homicide perpetrators.html

So what are are saying is that Brad setting his remote Alpha lines, and programs with his name on them with separate IDs and different #'s and all mean absolutely nothing? When his claim is Nancy called him from home at 640AM that morning..Alllrighty then..All this is just another layer to that ...It all comes down to what was Brad capable of doing with these computers and phones that are at the heart of the case...IF proven Brad initiated that call Game over for Brad etal~~.so go ahead and discount it..No probs..Just saying:seeya:

Yes, it all means absolutely nothing. Because none of what you said above had anything even remotely close to do with the 6:40 am phone call on the 12th. Absolutely nothing. The Paris phone number simply provides a local number in Paris that will also ring Brad's account. That's it. So it isn't a layer to it. It isn't anything as far as that 6:40 am call is concerned. So yes, I'm going to discount it because it had nothing to do with the call. Now it might show that he had a way for the French girl to call him locally. Or there could be a valid work reason for having it. But please quit jumping to conclusions on technology stuff that you admittedly don't understand.

Thank you. I really wish the state would summarize/wrap up a little at the end of their questioning. I'm still not seeing any evidence.

You are right...no real evidence!! They are still laying the foundation...I am thinking that soon someone will build on this foundation!!

I am sure his office is no different than any other test engineer within the voice group at Cisco. I am sure his office is no different than any of the TAC engineers within the voice group at Cisco. This does not mean that you are free to take whatever you want to your house as I am sure that Cisco has some type of asset control.

I don't work at Cisco, but looking around me at my home office, I have 13 different SIP phones, a desktop PC, 2 laptops (1 personal, 1 work), 3 routers, 1 contivity 221 switch, an IAD device, web cams, multiple headsets, 2 monitors, a couple of printers, an old 8 port hub, a POE switch, and a bunch of other crap.

Somehow I dont think their Voip phone line was new..given the business Brad was in..but all of a sudden things started to happen..Call it paranoia..ok..As it turned out she was likely dead right :sick:

ETA~ I also have a feeling that included her cell phone :-(

He had no ability to tap into her cell phone calls. Now NC State has a box that could capture cell calls as part of research. I've used it before. And my understanding is he did switch his home system to the Cisco system, but she made him switch it back. The clicking noise doesn't mean it is being monitored. It's IP packets. You can capture the RTP stream without introducing clicking noise.

So I take it y'all have personal property tax in NC?

Just looking at some records for the 2004 BMW. He paid the taxes on the 2004 BMW 8 days before he was arrested. Not sure what my point is...:)

Weren't the plates expired on the 2004 BMW SUV? An officer noted it in July 2008?

Yes, it all means absolutely nothing. Because none of what you said above had anything even remotely close to do with the 6:40 am phone call on the 12th. Absolutely nothing. The Paris phone number simply provides a local number in Paris that will also ring Brad's account. That's it. So it isn't a layer to it. It isn't anything as far as that 6:40 am call is concerned. So yes, I'm going to discount it because it had nothing to do with the call. Now it might show that he had a way for the French girl to call him locally. Or there could be a valid work reason for having it. But please quit jumping to conclusions on technology stuff that you admittedly don't understand.

I would think that a lot of what was discussed today was way over the jurors heads...but what they may have sunk in is that Brad has way more knowledge than the average Joe about how telephones, computer etc work. They may not really need to know exactly what was done...but that he had the expertise to fool the network and do things most people have no idea about.

I believe it points towards pre-planning a murder.

JANUARY 2008 - The New Year starts with Nancy finally finding out the truth of Brad's affair. After months of denials he finally admits it and claims he is in love with H.M. Nancy is 'done' with the marriage and done with trying to work on the marriage.

FEBRUARY 2008 - Brad removes Nancy from all accounts.

MARCH 2008 - Nancy gets Alice Stubbs, Attorney and first draft of separation agreement starts.

APRIL 2008 - Brad realizes he's going to have to pay beaucoup bucks to Nancy. Brad abruptly cancels NC's move back to Canada when previously he couldn't wait for the 3 of them to leave. NC was supposed to leave April 25.

APRIL 2008 - Brad has all of NC's emails forwarded to his own account. From April 2008 through July 11 2008.

APRIL 2008 - Brad is laying some foundation of his own. Finding out how to completely wipe a hard drive (why he had to ask someone else I don't know, but he did).

This is the start of his planning, or, at least where I think it really started to gel in his mind. The 'when' was not set yet, but the thought to kill Nancy was formed, IMHO.

Ditto to what you just said.

This isn't a building block. It's more nonsense added by the prosecution. Now if they turn around and show that a disc was wiped from July 12th -> July 15th, then it would make sense. That would show when/where he requested software with this capability. But you act like wiping a hard drive is some uncommon event.
I guess only when you don't want something found. MO

PS- I would have no clue (or reason) to do it. There's a lot of tech. info here and I appreciate everyone's help in understanding it. I'd also like to wait and see where the State is going with all this before coming to the conclusion whether something is relevant or not.

Judge Gessner was assigned this trial by Resident Chief Judge Stephens.
Like or not, the state or defense had no say in this decision.

I beg to differ. There was a poster here last week that worked, or a friend worked in the DA's office.They have advance notice of the judicial rotation, and they know what cases are currently assigned to judges, so they manipulate the timing of trials based on when a certain judge will be available for a certain trial, if need be. I don't know how to search threads, but its there, and makes perfect sense to me. You're still gathering evidence 2 weeks before a high profile murder case begins? That, to me, means you have only a circumstansial case and you are still looking for something, that smoking gun to tie it all together with.

Going to listen to the CISCO employee. BBL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member