State v Bradley Cooper 4-5-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I beg to differ. There was a poster here last week that worked, or a friend worked in the DA's office.They have advance notice of the judicial rotation, and they know what cases are currently assigned to judges, so they manipulate the timing of trials based on when a certain judge will be available for a certain trial, if need be. I don't know how to search threads, but its there, and makes perfect sense to me. You're still gathering evidence 2 weeks before a high profile murder case begins? That, to me, means you have only a circumstansial case and you are still looking for something, that smoking gun to tie it all together with.

I have no idea what poster you are referring to.
I know for a FACT Gessner was assigned this specific case by Judge Stephens.

Of course there is judge rotation...in fact it is a full six months.
Just not in this high profile, 1st degree murder case.

BBM. Why? Do you believe that had she left she'd be alive today?

There's lots of blame on Nancy or "she should have's" and I have been guilty of it myself. But I am now wondering / asking myself "so what?" Did she contribute to her death? And again - even if it's in a tiny way - it means we're all thinking the same thing - she pushed him, taunted him, threatened him with financial ruin and having to support her and the girls, etc

SO WHAT?

It still points to folks somehow blaming her for her death - and - strangely - it also points to her dying by her husband's hand......

I haven't read anyone blaming Nancy for what happened. they are merely trying to point out that if things were as bad as the neighbors and sister say, many here don't believe they could still be under the same roof. IOW's - embellishments by Nancy to others about her situation. We all know people like that. Some in a joking way, like me, or some who just do it out of habit. I believe we've already been shone a couple of examples of Nancy's embellishments - had no money but $24k from parents? Fbomb not heard by realtor? The purchases Brad made at her request? No money for gas, but pedicures are okay? Water turned off, but it was one of multiple times that happened?

I have no idea what poster you are referring to.
I know for a FACT Gessner was assigned this specific case by Judge Stephens.

Of course there is judge rotation...in fact it is a full six months.
Just not in this high profile, 1st degree murder case.

Last try - of course Judge Stephens assigns the judges. Everyone knows that. Are you saying I'm making up the poster's comments?? But... try to follow along...the DA knows what judges are assigned already to other cases, they know which judges are coming back up for availability, because they have a copy of the rotation before the assignment happens, and they submit cases per which judge will be available next. Plain and simple. Maybe you know how to search threads, maybe someone does. The DA manipulates the GJ - I know - I've served on a WC puppet GJ. Why not manipulate which judge you want for which case?

I still question why LE took into evidence a Cisco prototype phone from Brad's office and just why Cisco has not gotten their legal team after LE to return it. Prototypes of anything are typically proprietary. I have a lot of questions about that phone, it could be nothing, or it could be something. Can't believe if it is nothing Cisco has not made the effort to have it returned.
LE probably took it because they didn't understand it but thought it might be of some value. However, there is hardly anything stored on the phones themselves. All of the interesting information (even speed dials, call forwarding, etc) is stored at the call server. The call logs would be at the call server or perhaps separate CDR server.

Cisco has probably not made an effort to get it back because it is sunk cost in terms of expense and I doubt that they are concerned about the Cary cops reverse engineering the design and selling it to Avaya or something.

And - as the resident catathymic crisis lunatic :maddening:- I'll contend that the separation agreement was the thing that made Brad determine that the only way to get "out" was to kill her and he became obsessed with it (but did not act on it) and started listening to her calls, being more and more controlling, making himself look better (SuperDad), planning an alibi and determining how he'd pull it off and then - something - either in the emails of 7/12 or in nancy's beahvior the night she returned from the party pushed him over the edge and he kicked off his plan. I see him as a planner and someone with maniacal focus. And enough arrogance to think he could get away with it.

To someone in this state of mind - it makes sense to kill her. the mechanics of it come "naturally" and then afterward - they are likely to be described as detached, aloof, etc.

Once again I offer this paper about spousal killers - how they may not ever have had a history of domestic violence, how the threat of abandonment can push someone like Brad over the edge, etc.....

http://www.drdondutton.com/Papers/2...perandi of spousal homicide perpetrators.html

Excerpt: "the personality disorder most likely to actually kill his spouse is dependent and passive-aggressive."

"Estrangement killings were exclusively committed by men with overcontrolled "dependent" type personality disorders. By contrast , Antisocial Personality Disorder. engaged in instrumental killings that were more likely to be planned. . Antisocial Personality Disorders were more likely to hide the body and less likely to report post homicide suicidal feelings."

Last try - of course Judge Stephens assigns the judges. Everyone knows that. Are you saying I'm making up the poster's comments?? But... try to follow along...the DA knows what judges are assigned already to other cases, they know which judges are coming back up for availability, because they have a copy of the rotation before the assignment happens, and they submit cases per which judge will be available next. Plain and simple. Maybe you know how to search threads, maybe someone does. The DA manipulates the GJ - I know - I've served on a WC puppet GJ. Why not manipulate which judge you want for which case?

I'm not going to argue with you on this issue.
Just because another poster said this, doesn't make it true.

I was in a pre-trial status hearing for Jason Young back in August 2010.
The trial Judge was assigned then for a May 2011 trial (9 months in advance and has no bearing on what schedule is published in advance)).
The state nor the defense had any say in this assignment, though they both had to agree on a trial date.

High profile, 1st degree murder cases in Wake County are specifically assigned by the resident chief judge.
Calendars are then changed, if needed.

I still question why LE took into evidence a Cisco prototype phone from Brad's office and just why Cisco has not gotten their legal team after LE to return it. Prototypes of anything are typically proprietary. I have a lot of questions about that phone, it could be nothing, or it could be something. Can't believe if it is nothing Cisco has not made the effort to have it returned.

Huh? The wireless phone you mean? It wasn't prototype it was pre-release.

Yes, it all means absolutely nothing. Because none of what you said above had anything even remotely close to do with the 6:40 am phone call on the 12th. Absolutely nothing. The Paris phone number simply provides a local number in Paris that will also ring Brad's account. That's it. So it isn't a layer to it. It isn't anything as far as that 6:40 am call is concerned. So yes, I'm going to discount it because it had nothing to do with the call. Now it might show that he had a way for the French girl to call him locally. Or there could be a valid work reason for having it. But please quit jumping to conclusions on technology stuff that you admittedly don't understand.

If the 6:40am call is shown to be a voice call originated from the home phone and destined to BC cell phone does that imply that NC was still alive?

I haven't listened to the security guy's testimony (too bad there aren't transcripts of these things so that the could be skimmed), however after reading everyone's comments on what he testified to, I'll make a couple of comments.

I think that some people are overestimating the implications of the VoIP stuff and what Brad is/is not able to do. Does he know more about business telephony than the average guy? Yes. A lot more. However, if that is all being related to his ability to spoof a call from the home phone, it is really unrelated.

It's kind of like saying that because someone spent 4 years in college as pre-med, so he would know how to apply a band-aid. Sure, he probably knows, but you don't need to be pre-med to know.

The magic that folks are imagining him doing with Paris numbers, an Alpha network, a home test VoIP network, and ultimately their Time Warner Digital phone is far more complicated and leaves more tracking info than the many of the fairly trivial ways to spoof a call.

One of the most simple ways would be to Google "voip autodialer", download a free one on your PC, install it, and set up a scheduled call. None of that requires significant VoIP expertise.

So, could the call have been spoofed? Sure. But, I haven't read anything that the security guy said today that makes it any more likely.

Excerpt: "the personality disorder most likely to actually kill his spouse is dependent and passive-aggressive."

"Estrangement killings were exclusively committed by men with overcontrolled "dependent" type personality disorders. By contrast , Antisocial Personality Disorder. engaged in instrumental killings that were more likely to be planned. . Antisocial Personality Disorders were more likely to hide the body and less likely to report post homicide suicidal feelings."

I have been thinking that he is very passive aggressive...passive on the outside and aggressive on the inside!! It is a behavior learned in childhood as a coping strategy. Growing close to people at an emotional level is next to impossible. Examples of his passive aggressive behaviour that I have noted:...
Avoid getting money for nancy
Avoid cleaning when asked
Avoid answering Nancy's phone calls
Avoid social interaction
Avoid having sex ???
Avoid confrontations

The testimony today though looks like the aggressive side took over so now I am not sure what went on behind closed doors...

If the 6:40am call is shown to be a voice call originated from the home phone and destined to BC cell phone does that imply that NC was still alive?

No, IMO, but it shows that a living person was present at the home who made the phone call. It tells me nothing about the identity of that person.

Exactly - the guy on the stand works for the "Cisco Computer Security Response Team" team at Cisco. They respond to hacking and worm/virus incidences. You can bet the defense will drag in a Cisco VOIP expert at some point...either today or later.

They've already got one -- sitting beside Special K. They need to put Brad on the stand.
icon10.gif

Is it possible, that the DA's office, with limited staff and someone said over 18k pages of discovery in this trial, was not fully prepared when the trial started? Remember the poster who said they "picked" certain judges for certain trials, because they had the rotation schedules? Maybe this judge came up, they were almost ready to go, but not quite, but they wanted Gessner for sure. The Cisco witness contacted in February? And this trial started a couple of weeks later? Maybe what he had to offer was not really know/understood when they started, along with several other witnesses who have seemingly been introduced out of order.

My take - opening statement brief, cause they truely didn't know what all they had. Smoking gun? They're still hoping to find one. Neighbors, et al? A stall technique, to give the staff more time to interview, review statements. Blanket subpoenas to CTA.

The defense filed a motion to delay the trial right before this trial started, that would be a good time for the pros to speak up to delay the trial
The grand jury ruled there was enough evidence to take this to trial
That Cisco witness was contacted in February probably after the FBI found the instant message evidence on Brad's computer, Cisco was contacted immediately and was served with search warrants

Why would an innocent man have to LIE and not go to the Police Station to be questioned?

I don't think the witnesses are being called in a hap hazard way..it is just how the pros are laying the foundation of their evidence

Once the pros rest the Defense will say they did not prove their case and they want the charges dropped...of course it will be denied and then the Defense will also rest..because if you think the Pros have nothing the Defense has less

Kurtz already asked that question to Detective Young.

Young said no.....I agree.

They've already got one -- sitting beside Special K. They need to put Brad on the stand.
icon10.gif

Yes...just like Christopher Gribble...he also thought he was smarter than everyone else

Just curious to know how many fence sitters would fall to the not guilty side simply based on a voice phone call originating from home phone to BC cell phone at 6:40am?

Thinking about the hard drive wipe...

If something happened to my husband I wouldn't want the police taking my computer and have people just looking, reading, studying it forever. I'd rather wipe it and just start over later.

I don't like people looking through my personal stuff, although there's nothing wrong with my stuff. I'm in full support of them doing that to other suspects, just not to me...so mine would be gone and I would look guilty as could be..

Just curious to know how many fence sitters would fall to the not guilty side simply based on a voice phone call originating from home phone to BC cell phone at 6:40am?

We all know the call came from the home to his cell at 6:40AM.
How is that going to change anything?

Maybe the strategy is to simply establish BC knew how to wipe a hard drive (check).

This makes any subsequent FBI agent's testimony end up seeming a lot more sinister...

Prosecution: Were you able to find anything incriminating on the computers?
FBI Agent: No...nothing incriminating or conclusive.
Prosecution: Had a portion of them been wiped to DOD level?
FBI Agent: Who knows... do I look like a russian spy to you? Maybe someone entered the wrong password 10 times in a row or something, who knows...

Prosecution: Nothing further...

---
Similar strategy with the phones maybe will be used : Establish BC had a lot of phones, and phone knowledge (check).

Prosecution: Did you find evidence of a faked phone call?
VoIP Expert: No, not really.
Prosecution: But the defendant would be smart enough probably to fake it, and you not even see evidence of it right?
VoIP Expert: Uhhhh.....I guess it can't be ruled out?

Prosecution: Nothing further...

---

Maybe strategy will work... who knows.

Thinking about the hard drive wipe...

If something happened to my husband I wouldn't want the police taking my computer and have people just looking, reading, studying it forever. I'd rather wipe it and just start over later.

I don't like people looking through my personal stuff, although there's nothing wrong with my stuff. I'm in full support of them doing that to other suspects, just not to me...so mine would be gone and I would look guilty as could be..

If you did that right after his murder, you would became the A #1 suspect...as you should be.:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee