State v Bradley Cooper 4-5-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
French lover of Brad's could place call to that Paris DID phone number for FREE and the call would go to Brad and she would not pay long distance charges.

That is CORRECT. The call would be FREE. Not sure why we need to YELL this point. Is it somehow SUPER relevant?

I read the chat exchange differently ..
1 - he asked for encryption SW - the recommended one was for exchange only and he wanted something for the entire PC
2 - upon being asked what he was trying to do he said 'disk wipe'
3 - based on disk wipe the security guy offered DBAN to Brad (he did not ask by name).

to me the point of wanting to totally destroy anything on the PC (eg. disk wipe at DoD level) is damaging - considering they described Brad's job as Voice technology (not disposing of equipment after the lease expires).

Pretty sure the first time the witness asked what he wanted it for, BC told him Outlook (encryption), then changed to disk wipe after the witness asked a second time.

Let me put it this way: Cisco uses the same software my company uses on employee laptops. The level of security is serious. We're talking 'paranoid' level of security. Multiple pieces of software to detect if someone accesses the computer or the network, multiple layers to protect data. A random person could not get into a Cisco laptop easily. NO WAY. They would have to have ALL the credentials to do so. And then, to get on a Cisco network, they'd need another set of permissions/passwords AND a physical RSA keyfob that displays a special code that changes every 60 seconds. That code becomes part of a password to log onto the network. It literally is never the same twice. That code changes EVERY 60 seconds.

OK that is simply not true. An RSA keyfob is not required to access Cisco networks.

Actually the fact that the france phone was connecting to a local IP Phone cluster would lead me to believe it was setup to remotely access his test network meaning the lab and phones on his desk in his office.

So is that good or bad for him? I'm getting confused with this stuff. I understand some of the tech stuff but this guy kept putting me to sleep, so I only heard bits and pieces. He wasn't trying to create something where there really wasn't was he? I kind of understood the wipe the disc part but I need to do that to a few computers that I want to get rid of, and I think that is the same thing.

I think if he really had evidence he needed to get rid of he would find a way to get rid of the hard drve or computer completely. I would. I wouldn't chance a wipe it? program. I would find a way to destroy it so they would not even have it to look on. I sound like a criminal~

I read the chat exchange differently ..
1 - he asked for encryption SW - the recommended one was for exchange only and he wanted something for the entire PC
2 - upon being asked what he was trying to do he said 'disk wipe'
3 - based on disk wipe the security guy offered DBAN to Brad (he did not ask by name).

to me the point of wanting to totally destroy anything on the PC (eg. disk wipe at DoD level) is damaging - considering they described Brad's job as Voice technology (not disposing of equipment after the lease expires).

Yeah, that makes more sense. When he asked for 'PGP' I was thinking "protect the email" since that's what PGP does. But he did say 'wipe disk." he wanted to destroy ALL computer evidence on his laptop.

And no, wiping a hard drive is NOT something an employee HAS to do to turn in a laptop to get a new one. Cisco and other large companies have special groups who specialize in taking older laptops, getting rid of all data on the hard drive, making sure everything is wiped clean and secure, and getting the employee a new laptop.

Wasn't that asked of this witness? I thought he replied 'he found it strange' and 'something he hadn't been asked before in his job.' I think these sorts of things were the responsiblity of this guy testifying, 'security systems'. But not one of Brad's responsiblities. I understand that when computers are turned in they are wiped clean. But I would assume that would be the responsiblity of the security dept. not Brad Coopers dept.? I know prior to my husband retiring, he on occasion got a new computer at work. But it wasn't his responsibility to wipe clean the old one prior to turning it in.

And I can't help it, I'm terribly troubled by the extent of spying, snooping, and intrusion into the life of nancy cooper. I don't care if he was her husband, he had no right to spy on her every move. She didn't spy on him, and he was the proven cheater and liar. And he had no right to take her name off any and all assets IMO. As a woman, this just appalls me to no end. That in the year 2008, Nancy Cooper had no rights as a woman. She was treated like a possession. this is a really sore spot with me. Something from a long LONG time ago. Being trapped, entrapped, complete and utter control over another human being is not right. MOO

You're right, it is disgusting he put that level of control on her. She had some options available to her that she choose not to take (for whatever the reason). She could of had assistance of opening a bank account on her own, she could of called Interact (why she didn't do this when he first took the passports makes no sense to me). The sad thing is the spying, snooping, etc, that's not unique to this situation. It happens more frequently than you think when there are trust issues in a relationship not just by the guy either.

OK that is simply not true. An RSA keyfob is not required to access Cisco networks.

No? Not from outside the physical company? How do employees access the network then? VPN but with no RSA token?

Not really. There could be several CallManager clusters within an enterprise as each CallManager has a maximum number of phones that it can support. I believe Cisco has many more employees than what can be serviced by a single CallManager cluster. The DID number in France, registered to a CallManager cluster in France, simply had a translation pattern assigned that basically transforms the dialed digits. This transformed digit string would then route to a phone connected to another CallManager cluster, in this case a lab cluster in RTP.

The significance is that it connected to Alpha network and not a lab cluster. Alpha Network has actual connections to the outside world where a lab network would terminate internally to cisco networks.

Speaking from an IT perspective, IMO if you are discarding a hard drive (or even a cell phone), whether it's business or personal, you want something that's going to disk wipe it pretty good. Granted, the average person isn't going to find DOD level stuff at Best Buy though.

"legally" if BC is wanting to get this SW from Cisco, it must be for business purposes, not personal. I think this security guy said there was a group responsible for this type of activity. I dont think it was Brad's responsibility, else he should already know.

I'm sorry, but spying and murdering are two very different things. Those of us who want some more concrete evidence that Brad actually murdered Nancy see the difference between the two. I am insulted to have my sense of character & morality questioned for that.

I didn't say that. My problem is where is the indignance at the immorality of what Brad did? Regardless of whether or not he murdered anybody? IMO what he did is far worse than this nit-picking of Nancy's spending habits. The poor woman had no money, no privacy, no rights as a person anymore. She was treated like a child. I'm not saying that's proof of murder, but IMO it certainly show's a complete lack of character on his part, along with immorality as a person. JMO

That is CORRECT. The call would be FREE. Not sure why we need to YELL this point. Is it somehow SUPER relevant?

I do that when I'm too lazy to bold a word. Caps makes one word stand out. Shouting (to me) is when all words are in caps, not one word for emphasis.

The significance is that it connected to Alpha network and not a lab cluster. Alpha Network has actual connections to the outside world where a lab network would terminate internally to cisco networks.

Thanks for the correction, yes the call would be sent to a phone on the alpha newtork where I assume BC's office phone is connected. Therefore he could control forwarding of his office phone. Yet this does not imply anything for the home phone and the 6:40am call, (I am only saying this for others, not necessarily you SleuthinNC).

Okay to sum it up:

1. Paris phone number - a person in France can call that number for free and be connected to Brad Cooper in North Carolina. Brad allegedly had a French girlfriend...in...umm... France!

2. The phone number could also be used for 'testing' of something by Brad. Initiate a call, get a call routed somewhere, like to his phone in North Carolina, or wherever it was programmed to go. Brad had control of that specific test phone number that was setup in France.

3. Brad asked for software that would wipe his computer of all data. To a level that even the Dept of Defense would use to wipe super secrets from their computer hard drives.

I don't think that phone call outweighs all the damning evidence so far-the missing shoes (all four of them!) the Mica, knowing what she wore, lack of police cooperation, stating that he had been through a lot when his children had lost their mommy, and the fact he NEVER once said he didn't do this.

A phone call from his house at 6:40 is direct evidence that NC was alive at 6:40 unless they can prove (or provide reasonable doubt) that someone else or something else made that call. Everything you mention requires interpretation...and can be interpreted in multiple ways.

My company used hard tokens for awhile--major PIA--soft tokens from that point.

Yeah, that makes more sense. When he asked for 'PGP' I was thinking "protect the email" since that's what PGP does. But he did say 'wipe disk." he wanted to destroy ALL computer evidence on his laptop.

And no, wiping a hard drive is NOT something an employee HAS to do to turn in a laptop to get a new one. Cisco and other large companies have special groups who specialize in taking older laptops, getting rid of all data on the hard drive, making sure everything is wiped clean and secure, and getting the employee a new laptop.

It is handy to use when you are switching between operating system installations, especially different versions of an OS in a test environment.

You're right, it is disgusting he put that level of control on her. She had some options available to her that she choose not to take (for whatever the reason). She could of had assistance of opening a bank account on her own, she could of called Interact (why she didn't do this when he first took the passports makes no sense to me). The sad thing is the spying, snooping, etc, that's not unique to this situation. It happens more frequently than you think when there are trust issues in a relationship not just by the guy either.

I've said it before. When a couple decides to separate, someone needs to move out. There is way too much tension once you make that decision it is over. My guess is they couldn't afford it.

Divulging some private details, but in my first marriage, my husband cheated and I left the very night I found out about it. I had no local friends, hadn't lived in the area for long and went to a hotel alone then found an apartment the very next day. I couldn't stand the sight of him. I hired movers, listed the house and that was that. Done. Oh, and I also cleaned out the bank accounts before he had a chance to.

She should have left and stayed with one of her many friends until she could get situated.

Only problem with that is He had been back a long time after his adventure over there..I thought I recalled it was actually Ireland???

That means nothing. I added a UK line number to my work account back in December to do some testing. I've never removed it. I don't use it anymore, I just never removed it.

Thanks for the correction, yes the call would be sent to a phone on the alpha newtork where I assume BC's office phone is connected. Therefore he could control forwarding of his office phone. Yet this does not imply anything for the home phone and the 6:40am call, (I am only saying this for others, not necessarily you SleuthinNC).

His office phone would not have been connected to the Alpha network. What could have been connected to the Alpha network are the Cisco wireless IP Phones he had installed in the house earlier in 2008. (I think that is the time frame)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry