State v. Bradley Cooper 4-6-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you 100% on that one. Can't convince me that FXO port was not in that house and wasn't used for some reason in that house. This I think Mr. Zellinger should have drove home hard.

BC removed the VOIP system when Nancy asked earlier in 2008. To use Mr. Kurtz type questioning is it possible the system was reinstalled the week she was on vacation with her family and then removed again? It is possible.

Brad ordered the FXO card in January. We heard from Hannah Prichard that the Cooper's homephone was set up on the VOIP phones in January. It makes sense he ordered it for his residence phone setup. Nancy hated the phones and I believe the home phone number went back to a normal landline in April. The equipment could have remained in the house. The prosecution asked at the end ..."If you were using VOIP as your residental phone line would you need the FXO card and router?" and Paul replied "yes". That to me implies that the FXO card and router where in the house January until April at minimum.

Excellent catch and deduction.

He not only had access to the card, but it was REQUIRED for it to have been at his home........

Legitimate question would be "where is it now"? Of course there is no one to really ask.

Does the card install into a router? or is it completely external? (I am thinking install-able based on the experts description) Wonder if either of the routers shown have that upgrade capability (think empty slots in your tower desktop) and if either of them look like the cases have come apart before........?

Assuming his VoIP home phone was connected to the alpha system he simply could have checked his missed calls as this gives you a timestamp of when the call was received. He was at home at the time of the second call to vm, correct? He was upstairs in his home office at the time of the second call, correct?

I just checked my notes and see he may have made the following 4 phone calls in the allotted time (16 mins). I have the following:

6:37 - vm work
6:45 - vm 254-8962 for 63 secs
6:47 - vm 254-8962 for 25 secs
6:53 - voip vm

Then again
7:26 - Ireland voip vm

He was home at 6:53 but I doubt prior to that as the car was leaving the Ht parking lot at 6:45 and it takes about 5 min to get home.

Excellent catch and deduction.

He not only had access to the card, but it was REQUIRED for it to have been at his home........

Legitimate question would be "where is it now"? Of course there is no one to really ask.

Does the card install into a router? or is it completely external? (I am thinking install-able based on the experts description) Wonder if either of the routers shown have that upgrade capability (think empty slots in your tower desktop) and if either of them look like the cases have come apart before........?

The card does install into a router. Paul said any of the 2800 series routers. Not found at the Cooper residence at the time of the pictures or the search warrant.

For those that missed the Cisco testimony..

On the witness stand Wednesday, Cisco employee Paul Girault testified about internet phone systems and the equipment that Brad would have needed to make such a phone call.

Search warrants show the necessary equipment to make a fake call was not found in the Cooper home. But the prosecution showed Girault a copy of a Cisco internal purchase request that shows Brad ordered a "FXO port," which Girault said would have made a bogus call possible.

Defense lawyers pointed out that even though there may be evidence Cooper used such equipment at work, there's no evidence he brought it home. Girault testified that Cisco employees are allowed to bring equipment home and there is no system for keeping track of that.

Girault said the equipment Brad ordered could be set up to automatically dial a number on a timer, or it could be accessed by any device that had internet access to make the call.

Girault said his testing showed the type of equipment Cooper ordered would have made a call with a 22-second duration before the router automatically hung up. Call logs show a 6:05 a.m. phone call to Brad's cell phone the morning she went missing lasted 23 seconds.

Under cross-examination Cooper's lawyers pointed out that a phone call at 6:40 - which is Brad's alibi - lasted longer.

Girault also testified about several other systems Cooper had access to that could have been used to make a phone call remotely. He said that Cooper had a system in his home that also gave him full access to computer equipment in his office.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8056449

The prosecution today showed that a call could have been made with equipment available to the defendent. Alibi gone. So now we are left with all the other evidence. I am interested to see how the defense can negate this. Based on past experience with defense, they will make the case for the prosecution with their CIC. MOO

The prosecution today showed that a call could have been made with equipment available to the defendent. Alibi gone.

I'm not sure that has ever been disputed, at least in my mind. I'm still am not convinced he DID so though. So, yeah, if I were on this jury I'd still be on the fence. Just my :twocents:.

The prosecution today showed that a call could have been made with equipment available to the defendent. Alibi gone. So now we are left with all the other evidence. I am interested to see how the defense can negate this. Based on past experience with defense, they will make the case for the prosecution with their CIC. MOO

I agree, although with Kurtz who knows what he might whine about next. I wish we had witness lists with names. I wonder if LE was ever able to talk to the french girlfriend, was it Celene Busson? My head is so foggy with sickness, it's hard to keep everything straight.

Not only did the police not find the fxo card, even if he had one in the house, it would not work with the routers in the Cooper home.

Nancy made that 6:40 call, unless it can be otherwise proven. I think it's time for some of you to start rethinking this case and realize how highly possible it is that they got the wrong guy.

And, what other evidence?

How far away from home do we think he was when the 6:40 call happened? Could he have used one of his wireless IP Phones to place the call to his cell phone? That was a pretty beefy wireless access point.

Not only did the police not find the fxo card, even if he had one in the house, it would not work with the routers in the Cooper home.

Nancy made that 6:40 call, unless it can be otherwise proven. I think it's time for some of you to start rethinking this case and realize how highly possible it is that they got the wrong guy.

According to the expert testimony today, Brad had access to all the equipment necessary to automate a call. It was easy to set up and equally easy to take down. That is in evidence. He could have done this. Alibi gone. MOO

Other evidence is a long list. AMOO

Seriously?

Do you think a Cisco iP router and a FXO port is anything that can't be unplugged and tossed in a matter of seconds?

The state proved Brad could have spoofed the call....therefore ZERO proof Nancy was alive and made the call.

How far away from home do we think he was when the 6:40 call happened? Could he have used one of his wireless IP Phones to place the call to his cell phone? That was a pretty beefy wireless access point.

He was 1 minute away from HT as he pulled into the parking lot at 6:41 a.m.

I believe he was 3 miles away.

Hey, maybe you can answer this - how long does it take to set up a router?

According to testimony that I'm aware of, the HT is 2 miles or less from the house. The 6:40 call came in 1 to 2 minutes from the time he entered HT the second time.

I believe he was 3 miles away.

Hey, maybe you can answer this - how long does it take to set up a router?

The approximately 3 miles is the distance from the house to where her body was found. I'm pretty sure about this.

According to testimony that I'm aware of, the HT is 2 miles or less from the house. The 6:40 call came in 1 to 2 minutes from the time he entered HT the second time.

iirc, the 6:40 call came right before he entered the HT the second time.

Seriously?

Do you think a Cisco iP router and a FXO port is anything that can't be unplugged and tossed in a matter of seconds?

The state proved Brad could have spoofed the call....therefore ZERO proof Nancy was alive and made the call.

No way. If he had the right router to do this, maybe but now we're again back to premeditation. He would have had to bring the right router home, switch it, connect the fxo card, etc. That would mean this was preplanned. That doesn't make any sense. Plus this is added to the long list of all he had to clean up after disposing of the body. Yet he had no time to hide/get rid of the necklace.

We've known all along it "could" be done. It seems very unlikely at this point.

I agree, although with Kurtz who knows what he might whine about next. I wish we had witness lists with names. I wonder if LE was ever able to talk to the french girlfriend, was it Celene Busson? My head is so foggy with sickness, it's hard to keep everything straight.

I'm really disappointed that the french girlfriend was brought in at all. The only relevance is how lousy the marriage was, IMO. We know that. We GOT it! He had tons of motive. We need no more witnesses to how badly they wanted away from each other. I think motive has been well established. Time to focus on means and opportunity. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025