State v. Bradley Cooper 4-6-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really disappointed that the french girlfriend was brought in at all. The only relevance is how lousy the marriage was, IMO. We know that. We GOT it! He had tons of motive. We need no more witnesses to how badly they wanted away from each other. I think motive has been well established. Time to focus on means and opportunity. MOO

I couldn't agree more. And that witness today! He did not help their case at all! I'm sure they are regretting putting him up there.

Who will be next? Any guesses? Det. Daniels?

No way. If he had the right router to do this, maybe but now we're again back to premeditation. He would have had to bring the right router home, switch it, connect the fxo card, etc. That would mean this was preplanned. That doesn't make any sense. Plus this is added to the long list of all he had to clean up after disposing of the body. Yet he had no time to hide/get rid of the necklace.

We've known all along it "could" be done. It seems very unlikely at this point.

Not necessarily. It was in the midst of a divorce that was looking to cost him financially as well as seperation from his children. There is the possibility that with his access to equipment and knowledge he may have been planning to set up some calls while he was at work to make it seem that she was doing something untoward. From all the info and past experience, it seems that he was willing to use means to sneak. He had the means. And we know he had the motive and opportunity. MOO

I believe he was 3 miles away.

Hey, maybe you can answer this - how long does it take to set up a router?

Well from scratch it takes a while depending on what you need to configure. So starting form scratch configuring call manager, dial plans, etc would probably take at least an hour.

In this case we know he already had a working system so if he still had that system configured and just needed to connect it and power everything up, maybe 5-10 minutes if that.

No way. If he had the right router to do this, maybe but now we're again back to premeditation. He would have had to bring the right router home, switch it, connect the fxo card, etc. That would mean this was preplanned. That doesn't make any sense. Plus this is added to the long list of all he had to clean up after disposing of the body. Yet he had no time to hide/get rid of the necklace.

We've known all along it "could" be done. It seems very unlikely at this point.

Huh?

Why would this router not be in the home? Why would he have purchased an FXO card from CISCO and had no way of using it?
Do you honestly think this equipment switch would take him any more than 5 minutes? He had at least 5 hours after he killed her to accomplish that simple task. He then had several more hours after he returned to disconnect and dispose of it......as he drove the kids around "looking for Nancy"

According to the expert testimony today, Brad had access to all the equipment necessary to automate a call. It was easy to set up and equally easy to take down. That is in evidence. He could have done this. Alibi gone. MOO

Other evidence is a long list. AMOO

We don't have any evidence that shows he actually had an FXO and router in July. We know there was nothing like that found when search warrants were executed. We actually don't have any data transmission except the 6:25 call which doesn't really correlate to the 6:40 call happening so I don't see how the conclusion could be that he made the call.

We don't have any evidence that shows he actually had an FXO and router in July. We know there was nothing like that found when search warrants were executed. We actually don't have any data transmission except the 6:25 call which doesn't really correlate to the 6:40 call happening so I don't see how the conclusion could be that he made the call.

Well, the Cisco expert, CPD and the Wake County DA's office concluded he could have produced that 6:40 call. I tend to join them in my belief and feel quite sure the jurors will too.

Well from scratch it takes a while depending on what you need to configure. So starting form scratch configuring call manager, dial plans, etc would probably take at least an hour.

In this case we know he already had a working system so if he still had that system configured and just needed to connect it and power everything up, maybe 5-10 minutes if that.

How long to take it apart? 2 minutes or less?

Huh?

Why would this router not be in the home? Why would he have purchased an FXO card from CISCO and had no way of using it?
Do you honestly think this equipment switch would take him any more than 5 minutes? He had at least 5 hours after he killed her to accomplish that simple task. He then had several more hours after he returned to disconnect and dispose of it......as he drove the kids around "looking for Nancy"

Wasn't it determined that the FXO card was an internal purchase?

I agree. I didn't say that we have evidence that he made the call. I said that we have evidence that he could have made the call. That pretty much negates his solid alibi. He now has no alibi. No witness that she was alive. No phone calls. No texts. No internet activity. All we have is his word and this call that he had the means to generate.

Does the card install into a router? or is it completely external? (I am thinking install-able based on the experts description) Wonder if either of the routers shown have that upgrade capability (think empty slots in your tower desktop) and if either of them look like the cases have come apart before........?
Yes, it installs into a router. But, perhaps not the type of router you are used to (small home routers). To try to provide some context I am attaching a picture of a similar router with a paper plate sitting on top of it. This is not one of the models of router that Paul mentioned, but is a Cisco router that is the same size and shape as the smallest of the ones he mentioned. There are much bigger (taller) ones than this, but this is the smallest that he could have had.

So, it's not the type of thing you could just toss in the HT garbage can on the way in. You'd need to go to a dumpster to throw this away. I have no idea whether or not he made a dumpster visit.

Attachments

• router3.png
    router3.png
    400.2 KB · Views: 18
It is pretty obvious that the first call was a test. It was 22 (or 23) seconds...exactly the standard length of time that these spoofed calls would be (as testified to today).

He wasn't calling his own phone to locate it as Kurtz suggested. If he were, the call would have been 0-1 second. Once he conducted his test and it worked, he set to doing whatever that really smart CISCO guy explained he could do to lengthen the duration of the call beyond 22 seconds (again testified to today). Then off he went to HT to create his alibi!! Well, possibly to dump his dead wife first, then to HT for an alibi!!

I connected the dot back to the 1.2.2008 FXO internal cisco procurement to complete the puzzle.

Well, the Cisco expert, CPD and the Wake County DA's office concluded he could have produced that 6:40 call. I tend to join them in my belief and feel quite sure the jurors will too.

Well of course he could have made the call. I could have made the call to. It doesn't mean he did make the call and in fact the evidence supports him not making the call.

Wasn't it determined that the FXO card was an internal purchase?

Yes, implying that his department is simply charged for the cost. Package shipped to BC and then he could use it anywhere.

Not only did the police not find the fxo card, even if he had one in the house, it would not work with the routers in the Cooper home.

Nancy made that 6:40 call, unless it can be otherwise proven. I think it's time for some of you to start rethinking this case and realize how highly possible it is that they got the wrong guy.

And, what other evidence?

Based on my understanding of a circumstancial case (which in many ways in superior to eyewitnesses, etc.), the prosecution continues to build a strong case of circumstances that can lead to only one conclusion.

And, IMO, that conclusion involves the facts (as someone else has already listed) pointing to Brad. I'll wait for the rest of the case, but, I'm curious what facts point to a crazed, sexual predator or just a plain old rapist?

Well of course he could have made the call. I could have made the call to. It doesn't mean he did make the call and in fact the evidence supports him not making the call.

What evidence do you believe supports him not making the call?

Yes, it installs into a router. But, perhaps not the type of router you are used to (small home routers). To try to provide some context I am attaching a picture of a similar router with a paper plate sitting on top of it. This is not one of the models of router that Paul mentioned, but is a Cisco router that is the same size and shape as the smallest of the ones he mentioned. There are much bigger (taller) ones than this, but this is the smallest that he could have had.

So, it's not the type of thing you could just toss in the HT garbage can on the way in. You'd need to go to a dumpster to throw this away. I have no idea whether or not he made a dumpster visit.

Again, I believe he dumped the FXO, two of the same foot shoes, his first HT trip shoes, ducks, & sticks went into the HT dumpster. Gone forever.

I connected the dot back to the 1.2.2008 FXO internal cisco procurement to complete the puzzle.

He had the FXO and the router and the configured call manager in January we know this, he has said this himself. The question is where did that equipment go when the phones were removed in April or whenever it was he switched back to TWC.

Sounds like they cancel out.
No proof he did....no proof he didn't

Next witness please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads