State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone post for me the rules that say it is allowed to post the FULL name and ADDRESS of innocent parties?

How about where it says it is okay to talk about other posters in the threads?

Everyone is responsible for knowing the rules. I have, along with the other mods, posted several warnings and reminders in these threads and it is expected that even if you don't read every post, you will read the posts from the moderators.

Salem

ETA: If you notice your post was removed - that is a clue for you to review the rules.

Does anyone have an opinion about the voicemail that NC left for her father that was played today? I listened to it and wonder why they played it. Don't they want sympathy for the victim? I see that tape doing the opposite.

It did make me feel very very sympathetic to her family. The way they were crying ...it just brought it home hearing her voice that they would never hear again. The actual words she spoke didn't mean much to me.

Does anyone have an opinion about the voicemail that NC left for her father that was played today? I listened to it and wonder why they played it. Don't they want sympathy for the victim? I see that tape doing the opposite.

Prancy, this is one of those moments where it would make no sense unless you followed the details of the case. In short, it went to show Brad lied (yet again) about having the house spic-n-span when she returned from vacation.
Cleaning (or lack of) is a biggie in this case.

Prancy, this is one of those moments where it would make no sense unless you followed the details of the case. In short, it went to show Brad lied (yet again) about having the house spic-n-span when she returned from vacation.
Cleaning (or lack of) is a biggie in this case.

The jury will see that as well. It will come up in the deposition when he talks about how he even called her while she was still in Hilton Head to brag about how well he had cleaned the house.

Can anyone post for me the rules that say it is allowed to post the FULL name and ADDRESS of innocent parties?

How about where it says it is okay to talk about other posters in the threads?

Everyone is responsible for knowing the rules. I have, along with the other mods, posted several warnings and reminders in these threads and it is expected that even if you don't read every post, you will read the posts from the moderators.

Salem

ETA: If you notice your post was removed - that is a clue for you to review the rules.

I have locked this thread for a bit. I am seeing that we have a lot of new posters and I want to be sure everyone in onboard with the rules.

Here is a link to the rules forum: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It would be a good idea to take a few minutes to look over the threads there and get acquainted with the mod process here at WS.

Also, I want everyone to thank this post so I know you have at least read it because I will hold you responsible for the rules and the comments made here.

I will reopen the thread after I take care of some errands.

Thanks,

Salem

Hi all. First time poster here but long time lurker. I have been reading the discussion here and appreciate how you all break down the trial for those of us who can't watch it during the day.

Decided to just jump in here on this discussion because I live in Lochmere and it is pretty common knowledge around here that JP's ex-wife sued HM for alienation of affection (and won). HM's relationship with JP continued for quite a while after their marriages broke up. I don't know the exact timeline of the affairs but it seems HM cheated on her ex, SH, with both JP and BC. How she managed to keep up two long term affairs with both and have time for a husband and kids is beyond me. Maybe the BC thing was just "one indiscretion?" Either way she sounds like a real winner and I think we will all need a flow chart to keep up with all of these affairs!

:welcome5:Welcome aboard The Good Ship Lollipop!!

Just jump in & hang on. Glad to have you, Lochmerian! Did you know the Coopers? Or any of the Wallsburg Gang?

The jury will see that as well. It will come up in the deposition when he talks about how he even called her while she was still in Hilton Head to brag about how well he had cleaned the house.

Cummings needs to take full advantage of having the defendant on the virtual video stand (what a gift). I would have played Nancy's VM, then immediately cut to the video of Brad saying the house was immaculate. They need to be creative to get max impact.

I wonder when the super dooper techie phone call forwarding/spoofing guy will testify? :)

I am sorry, but someone have alink to that audio of Nancy's Voice Mail..It must have been heart renching for the famiy and friends to hear that...I am sure Brad has compartmentalized all this long long ago so showed no reaction:maddening:..

Just an aside..Why do defense attny's think that defendents showing NO emotion is a GOOD thing??? Its always amazed me actually..I know they dont what the defendent to appear "Guilt Ridden" cause then he/she is guilty..BUT there has to be ahappy medium..No???

I thought Mr. Rentz was an excellent witness. Very credible, composed and articulate.

Lyndyloo....I think the phone message from Nancy is on WRAL.com Scroll down the article.

So pretty much all the prosecution has left is the rest of the deposition and FBI computer stuff right?

Is there any strategical reason the State would not call Nancy's ex-best friend that had the affair with Brad as a witness? I can't think of any.....

So pretty much all the prosecution has left is the rest of the deposition and FBI computer stuff right?

I'm not sure. They had the guy who was the neighbor that went jogging with his wife on July 12th. I expected his wife to be called right after him but she wasn't. He made a point of saying that she went on and did another loop without him so I thought maybe she had additional information. But maybe not. I would think that we would definitely have Det. Daniels though.

Some stranger recognizes NC from a NC State photo and volunteers info on her husband?

I don't believe that for a second. It goes to those who claim NC liked to tell a lot of stories.

They still haven't put Det. Daniels on the stand and he was supposed to be the lead detective, right? Remember how Young kept deferring to him because he was in charge?

For those of you (like me) missed this..I found the link to Nancy's voice mail message..Yikes..She is upset so upset with what she found when she got home!!....She had been away almost a week..why would there be food still there on July 7th!! Didnt Brad say hw had cleanedthe house and was so proud of himself?? Humm Yepper in his dream land :waitasec:
http://www.wral.com/specialreports/nancycooper/video/9404122/#/vid9404122

They still haven't put Det. Daniels on the stand and he was supposed to be the lead detective, right? Remember how Young kept deferring to him because he was in charge?

I imagine Daniels will be on the stand for DAYS!!! Don't you?

I get lost easily.
What is the address of the courtroom--if I can find that and the parking deck I'll be ok.
Didn't know you/or didn't remember that you were there.
I would really like to know what your observations of the jury were when you have an extra moment.

Wake County Courthouse
316 Fayetteville Street
Raleigh, NC 27601-1755

The courtroom is on the 3rd floor - courtroom 3C which is tucked away in the corner. You can come and go as you please, unless the jury is leaving or entering the courtoorm.

There's a huge multi-level parking deck one block over and down on the backside of the main building. It will cost you $10 if you're there all day.

As far as the jury - I was a little shocked that there were 14 women and only 2 men. Most were African American and all appeared to be normal, working class folks. During the bug and rock science testimony some were vigorously taking notes while others appeared bored our of their mind. The jury was not sequestered - meaning they go home each day. Anything else would be pure speculation on my part. ;-)

Wake County Courthouse
316 Fayetteville Street
Raleigh, NC 27601-1755

The courtroom is on the 3rd floor - courtroom 3C which is tucked away in the corner. You can come and go as you please, unless the jury is leaving or entering the courtoorm.

There's a huge parking deck one block over on the backside of the main building. It will cost you $10 if you're there all day.

As far as the jury - I was a little shocked that there were 14 women and only 2 men. Most were African American and all appeared to be normal, working class folks. During the bug and rock science testimony some were vigorously taking notes while others appeared bored our of their mind. The jury was not sequestered - meaning they go home each day. Anything else would be pure speculation on my part. ;-)

Big hugs for the address and info. I may very well try my hand at being an observer next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member