State v. Bradley Cooper 5-2-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That has gone both ways. Every single defense witness has been accused of lying by the BDI people.

I hope not all of us. I actually find it offensive when the discussion insinuates people are liars on either side. I think that some of the questioning brings out just some of the truth...it is what is not said that leads us to believe some things that are inconsistant. Some people may not remember things correctly...just as we don't remember things exactly...I don't think we can be classified as liars!! A bit harsh...

I kind of understand it if you are doing some type of narrative. But to turn your head just to say yes seems odd (again, not questioning anything the witness is saying...has nothing to do with BC or this trial other than he's testifying at it).

A lot of agencies train to testify to the jury. It does seem stiff to do that for a Yes.

I've seen that in allot of trials ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu95
It's interesting how this guy looks at the jury to answer and then back to Kurtz to get the question. (not making any comment about truthfulness or whatever...just that it is noticeable)

I've seen that in allot of trials ......

------

Often times witnesses are instructed to direct their answers to the jurors. I think it just depends upon the lawyer, the witness, what they are comfortable doing, etc.

the jury which is already weary is probably not really impressed with all of this "Look, look we did talk to RZ" not to mention it adds even more importance to RZ testimony rather than simply leaving it alone would have done.

I was thinking the same thing. It's showing that RZ was very sure she saw NC that day, so much so that she continued to make sure the police had the information. Detectives didn't follow up with RZ until 3 months later.

Well this witness is bolstering the defense assertion about RZ.

About the whole RZ testimony...

I don't think anyone doubts that at the very least she saw a runner similar enough to NC (if not NC herself).

I would think that with the roadblocks and media coverage the following day, if this runner RZ saw was not NC - whoever it was she saw would have been made aware of the situation, perhaps spoken to a police officer at a checkpoint?

The state knew RZ would be a witness, they've now used 3 witnesses in rebuttal to try and diminish the testimony...all of this could have been offset by putting the "real" runner on the stand, no? I am sure the defense will bring up an argument similar to this in closing.

I would have spared no resources in finding this person.

blindside the defense...way to go Pros....that was a Kodak moment for sure

I hope not all of us. I actually find it offensive when the discussion insinuates people are liars on either side. I think that some of the questioning brings out just some of the truth...it is what is not said that leads us to believe some things that are inconsistant. Some people may not remember things correctly...just as we don't remember things exactly...I don't think we can be classified as liars!! A bit harsh...

I didn't mean to suggest everyone does it. I've outright accused 1 witness of lying and that was RL (mainly because I believe he was).

ETA: And I believe JA lied about some things on the stand as well.

Am I the only one who has noticed the chatting and giggling between KL and HP has stopped now that these are State witnesses?

I do understand many people laugh when they are nervous. One of NC's early friends in N. Carolina was criticized for giggling/smiling on the stand, which I attributed to nerves.

But KL and HP were both extremely composed on the stand, IMO. And their behavior seems to change based on which side calls the witness.

I haven't followed at all today - can someone give me a quick overview? Looks like rebuttals are done? Any new smoking gun?

What? :-O

All the discussion about the windows system event log, and its not introduced.
State must feel very confident.

WOW. So all the crap from Friday won't even be heard?

About the whole RZ testimony...

I don't think anyone doubts that at the very least she saw a runner similar enough to NC (if not NC herself).

I would think that with the roadblocks and media coverage the following day, if this runner RZ saw was not NC - whoever it was she saw would have been made aware of the situation, perhaps spoken to a police officer at a checkpoint?

The state knew RZ would be a witness, they've now used 3 witnesses in rebuttal to try and diminish the testimony...all of this could have been offset by putting the "real" runner on the stand, no? I am sure the defense will bring up an argument similar to this in closing.

I would have spared no resources in finding this person.

Yes, and why didn't CPD have the media broadcast: "If you are female and were jogging near these neighborhoods around 7AM, please call the police".?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966