State v. Bradley Cooper 5-2-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You believe Mr. Lopez lied??? The most sincere witness to take the stand IMO?

How can a guy who essentially lied to the police and then took back his statements be the most sincere witness to take the stand?
:banghead:

Okay, now I need to go hunting. I missed most of this and will catch up.

There HAS to be something in that computer that NOBODY wants anyone to see.

I have NO CLUE what it is...but dang.

As far as the jury is concerned she is not and that's the only thing that matters.

That is not what the poster claimed. If the poster had stated something like the jury is left with the impression that she was not wearing the necklace, I would agree.

So does the jury...I think they've already decided to acquit.

no way...I think they think the defense protests too much..and Brad would have been their best witness ..why did he not take the stand?

How can a guy who essentially lied to the police and then took back his statements be the most sincere witness to take the stand?
:banghead:

He either lied in the first place or lied in the second place, but he definitely lied.

He seemed like an awesome guy, but that was weird.

The evidence, which was not refuted at all by the prosecution, despite being important to their case, is that she was not wearing a necklace. I fully believe you believe you see it. But she's simply not wearing one. And the jury will go into deliberations with the understanding that she was not wearing one on July 11th while at HT. And they will go in understanding that it directly contradicts the testimony of several of NCs friends and her sister that she never took it off. And that will not change no matter how many times you say you see it.

Just because you are unable to see it doesn't mean it's not there. She is wearing the necklace.

I think the pros made a great move...the defense team could have dragged this trial on for another week...virtually proving nothing..just laying doubt...nice blindside...loved the look on the whole defense team

What are you talking about? Defense rested. It's the state that wanted to drag this out with rebuttals all week.

Just because you are unable to see it doesn't mean it's not there. She is wearing the necklace.

Cheyenne, that smudge in the photo is darker than her skin color. A diamond should appear to be white and bright, similar to the other photo, definitely much lighter than her skin.

I think the pros made a great move...the defense team could have dragged this trial on for another week...virtually proving nothing..just laying doubt...nice blindside...loved the look on the whole defense team

So providing proof that he had a router in his house on the 11th wasn't important after all? Couple that with Detective Daniels saying there is no evidence a spoofed call and the jury is left with that being a valid call. That call is very important to this case.

...the defense team could have dragged this trial on for another week...virtually proving nothing..just laying doubt...

Which is exactly what a defense team does. Remember, the jury note last week requesting the trial rate be expedited came right after a barrage of defense witnesses knocking down several key pieces of State CE:

running plans
ducks
necklace
dress NC was wearing Friday
JA telling MH to talk to her, not directly to police

....and...

Cummings allowing MH to explain a plausible alternate theory on the stand, unchallenged

+

Cummings implying his own witnesses as liars.

What info? Darn, every time I think I have a moment to pop out and get something done, something big happens. I slip to my bedroom to get dressed and comb my hair, and everybody 'Rests'. Sheesh!

The special way the jury is to report tomorrow, presumable to avoid any contact with any crazyness. Judge is expecting busy court house tomorrow.

Smart move by the defense....doesn't give the jury an out by convicting of a lesser charge.

Defense agrees to 2 jury options: 1st degree murder or not guilty....they are confident.

She was wearing the necklace. I can see it in the picture provided by otto. My eyes are not lying to me.

I think the prosecution just decided, 'it's not that huge a deal, why bother aggravating the jury with more 'tit for tat' ' back and forth over the necklace. It's also my opinion the Cisco witness this morning was strong enough in his testimony, why take any chances with more testimony. JMO MOO, but I believe this caught Kurtz off guard completely.

Yes! By tomorrow evening, Bradley could be a convicted killer!! Justice is coming, Nancy! :justice:

Defense agrees to 2 jury options: 1st degree murder or not guilty....they are confident.

Confident or ballsy.

The only problem with this risk is if the jury thinks he is guilty and has no choice other than 1st degree and BC ends up getting a life sentence when he could have rec'd 25 years on a 2nd degree.

no way...I think they think the defense protests too much..and Brad would have been their best witness ..why did he not take the stand?

there was absolutely nothing to be gained by Brad taking the stand. It would have been a HUGE mistake to allow it. He's not likeable, and it would have sunk him.

However, the absence of the defendant taking the stand cannot be construed as being guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo