State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to know NC's father's real feelings about BC's guilt. He seems like someone who would be honest & not let his feelings affect his honesty.

In a Today Show interview before the trial started both he and wife Donna said they believe that the murder happened in the house, with only 4 people present in that house: the 2 little girls (asleep), Brad Cooper, and then Nancy. It was very clear who they thought murdered their daughter.

Nice! "Why on earth am I getting a call from the Coopers' home phone number?!"

I think it was actually a spoofed text from BC.

"Pick up milk, green juice and bleach. HA! HA! Your friend, Brad Cooper"

I am very excited for the jurors' verdict, no matter which way it goes. I have to trust that they will come to the right conclusion, whether it's the same as mine or not. Remember, they have a different view of the case than we do, seeing as we have seen so much and analyzed it for so long. They only see what they have been allowed to see. So it will be interesting to see what conclusion they come to.

But only the jurors and those few in the courtroom have heard the critical computer testimony and cross. We must rely on a couple of posts here at WS for the clearest, most detailed reporting of the direct regarding the search and the only details I have seen regarding the cross.

The judge admits he does not understand technology, then almost always rules based on the framing of the issues argued by the State, arguments which were often intentionally misleading and sometimes stating as facts things which were clearly in conflict with evidence and testimony they had presented earlier.

The powerful info Boz talked about in regards to the Google search wasn't just the search itself, it was all the computer activity that confirmed and showed, with no doubt, that Brad Cooper was the one on that computer, that day, 7/11. Secure HTTPS sessions to a couple banks. No one else could have been getting into Cooper's online bank account. That was him! Sandwiched in between his secure web sessions was the google map search, then later, a weather search, both starting the same way, for zip code 27518.

I don't know if anyone else understands this, but this is powerful stuff. It proves Brad Cooper was the one interacting with his computer on 7/11/08.

I also thought the dust on the shelves where the equipment must have been was good...looked like someone just got rid of some stuff!!

I think it was really bad that the prosecution didn't address that with her. If the jury was having trouble connecting with NC, seeing her twin acting so disrespectfully in the court room was not going to help.

I hate to ask this because everyone seems to think this is so horrible but please refrain from talking about NC's sister here. Her actions in the courtroom may be something you don't expect. HOwever she is sitting her her parents and I believe on this board should be left alone. JMO.

Ya'll aren't being anymore respectful than you've described Krista being in the courtroom. You know who you are. LIghten up a little. It's obvious people involved in these cases read here, parents included.

Well I just got back from Takewondo so I'm just catching up. Glad (very glad) to hear the jury is asking for items to review. Regardless of their verdict, I want to feel it was well thought out and discussed amongst them. I would assume even if they had an initial vote (I've heard that's common practice in a jury), they would still want to review testimony and evidence.

I will respect them for any verdict they come up with, as nothing really makes any sense in this case.

The powerful info Boz talked about in regards to the Google search wasn't just the search itself, it was all the computer activity that confirmed and showed, with no doubt, that Brad Cooper was the one on that computer, that day, 7/11. Secure HTTPS sessions to a couple banks. No one else could have been getting into Cooper's online bank account. That was him! Sandwiched in between his secure web sessions was the google map search, then later, a weather search, both starting the same way, for zip code 27518.

I don't know if anyone else understands this, but this is powerful stuff. It proves Brad Cooper was the one interacting with his computer on 7/11/08.

I'm so glad they brought out the bank, etc. info because I had not heard that before. Absolutely nailed it for me.

I believe Mr. Rentz to be a very believable, sincere and honest man and witness. His family was never contacted by BC and BC never offered any indication to them he was not involved in NC's disapperance to this day. I don't believe I've heard any testimony that BC said "I did not do this." If I've missed it please let me know. I think it is clear how the Rentz family feels and how they pray for a G verdict, but will they get it remains unknown. I pray for closesure for them and that they continue to have the girls.

Ya'll aren't being anymore respectful than you've described Krista being in the courtroom. You know who you are. LIghten up a little. It's obvious people involved in these cases read here, parents included.

Thank you for this. I can't imagine how hellish the trial must have been for NC's family and friends - to expect impeccable behavior at every turn is, IMO, a very unforgiving stance. That her parents have managed it is to their credit, but we won't ever know what its cost them.

I'm so glad they brought out the bank, etc. info because I had not heard that before. Absolutely nailed it for me.

Me too NCE. Those are Secure websites HTTPS sites that noone else can access. So how do you explain that. I am not thinking there was any hacking into BC's computer other than the defendant himself. Also another nail in his G verdict.

My thoughts are if there is a verdict tomorrow or Thursday, it will be "not guilty". Anytime beyond that and I think it would be leaning towards a "guilty" verdict.

Anyone else care to make a prediction/analysis?

His testimony is the reason I think BC did it. His testimony was so honest and forthright. He has to have been privy to things we are not in this trial, yet he seemed so unbiased, even 'asking' BC at one point about a recollection. If he believes BC is guilty, I do not believe it is emotion based, but fact based with information we have not heard or could not heard.

IMHO

I need to go back and listen to his testimony again. I don't remember (off hand) anything in his testimony that pointed to a solid belief in BCs guilt.

I agree that he somehow is able to take the emotion out of his testimony and comes across unbiased.

I have been, for several days, just not sure. Just not sure what to think. I have a hard time with CPD corruption, but I do think they were very careless in this investigation. I just can't get past some of the simple little details that they did not present or make more of during testimony that would have alleviated some doubt for me. This little banking detail was one of them. They spent so much time on the fluff and not the details. I can not believe they did not spend less time on the friends and more time with concrete evidence. With so little physical evidence, proving their case with what details they had was so important to me. I just don't think its possible to alter the reality of the case they presented and how it just did not go the extra mile for this family. IMHO, the defense did their job in their case but proving reasonable doubt because the prosecution did very little to stop it.

Kelly

My thoughts are if there is a verdict tomorrow or Thursday, it will be "not guilty". Anytime beyond that and I think it would be leaning towards a "guilty" verdict.

Anyone else care to make a prediction/analysis?

I predict that since I can't predict or understand what my wife does half the time, I'm not going to pretend to predict what a jury made up primarily of women are going to do.

I need to go back and listen to his testimony again. I don't remember (off hand) anything in his testimony that pointed to a solid belief in BCs guilt.

I agree that he somehow is able to take the emotion out of his testimony and comes across unbiased.

Oh no, he did not you are correct. It was his demeanor that made me think that if this man who has lost his daughter could sit there and be so factual and honest, he has to know something I do not. I had seen the orginial Today show that I believe someone else mentioned. He was very sure in that interview.

Kelly

I think he was able to do it because anything else would have been doing less for his daughter than she deserved.

I still can't get past the idea that a woman who wound up strangled in a ditch has been accused by so many (I don't mean WS - I mean "out there") of having pretended to her friends to be a victim. That this astonishing irony even exists and people are able to blithely pass it by is enough to make me question society's collective sanity.

I am really not being a smarty when I say this:

Does anyone think it might be possible that WCDA's office needed to throw someone under the bus for this and Cummings volunteered and took Zell with him? Leaving MFH on the sidelines for most of this, but making it look legit.

I don't even think the families think this was "for real". They were waterworks on one regard and leaving and being silly on the other.

I do remember throughout Mr. Rentz's testimony he looked at the defense/defendant very openly.

I am really not being a smarty when I say this:

Does anyone think it might be possible that WCDA's office needed to throw someone under the bus for this and Cummings volunteered and took Zell with him? Leaving MFH on the sidelines for most of this, but making it look legit.

I don't even think the families think this was "for real". They were waterworks on one regard and leaving and being silly on the other.

You're kidding, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member