State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was really bad that the prosecution didn't address that with her. If the jury was having trouble connecting with NC, seeing her twin acting so disrespectfully in the court room was not going to help.

I still can't believe in closing the prosecution stated "they didn't figure out _____ is _____'s father". Still shaking my head at that one. Unbelievable. What was Cummings thinking? Defense didn't even bring that guy up in closing.

The wheelbase - really

track - note the diagram at the right) doesn't change. But the tire tracks in the dirt made it look like it did during the turn.

See this http://www.carbibles.com/steering_bible.html

Note that as the car turns to the right, if the only tire tracks that were visible (maybe the other tires did not go on a surface that left a track) it would appear that the track (not wheelbase as it has been called all throughout this trial) is shorter than the actual track of the car. That was Cumming's point.

Try it with a toy car with steerable front wheels. Run it through some water and then make it turn. You'll see four tracks of water all of differing radius. Eliminate the two outer tracks and you'll think a thinner vehicle made the tracks.

Are the pictures of the tire tracks in this case available for us to view? Were they actually turning?

I still can't believe in closing the prosecution stated "they didn't figure out _____ is _____'s father". Still shaking my head at that one. Unbelievable. What was Cummings thinking? Defense didn't even bring that guy up in closing.

Another in the 'needs to be put to pasture' remarks by him.

Someone else besides me needs to disect this...

Kurtz was talking about the MFT's and such when receives a text in the middle of closing arguments and looks down at his phone.

About 53:00 into the video.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/nancycooper/video/9541522/#/vid9541522

I wonder who it was and what was so important during closing that he actually looks at the phone.

he probably set a timer for himself to let him know he had 5 or 10 minutes left or whatever it was left.

A canoe will bump into it on the bottom of Lake Lochmere? That canoe's got bigger problems that bumping into a router.
True! Its full of tree stumps. Its already been drained years ago, before NC went missing.
IIRC divers went into the lake on Sunday 7/13, but again they were lookng for a body.

he probably set a timer for himself to let him know he had 5 or 10 minutes left or whatever it was left.

Well d'oh. It was obviously a spoofed call Brad set over 3 yrs ago! The call was just coming in then. Oops.

I thought Kurtz was effective on the google map evidence. Why go to the map if you'd already decided where to dump a body (very stupid and not likely for a techy/BC) and a 41 second view/search is not long enough to actually be looking for a spot.

I'd love to know NC's father's real feelings about BC's guilt. He seems like someone who would be honest & not let his feelings affect his honesty.

I thought Kurtz was effective on the google map evidence. Why go to the map if you'd already decided where to dump a body (very stupid and not likely for a techy/BC) and a 41 second view/search is not long enough to actually be looking for a spot.

so it's not that Brad did the search...it's that it was stupid that he did it since he already decided where to dump the body. :waitasec:

Originally Posted by bloghooligan
Based on personal experience, alternates are released at the end of testimony, prior to deliberations. If they lose a juror after that point there is a mistrial.

What then?

What then?

New trial. I posted the NC statute in this thread (after the comment you quoted). It does appear that alternates are dismissed once the jury is charged and deliberations are to begin.

Thank you.

I wonder why he just didn't have it set to vibrate with 5 or 10 minutes left?

It looks to me like he actually hits the track ball to open up the window and scrolls down to read it tho.

I dunno.

Thank you.

I wonder why he just didn't have it set to vibrate with 5 or 10 minutes left?

It looks to me like he actually hits the track ball to open up the window and scrolls down to read it tho.

I dunno.

Well he couldn't likely ask BC for help on how to operate his cell phone now could he? Who knows, my phone's a PITA when it comes to mundane little things like that.

The powerful info Boz talked about in regards to the Google search wasn't just the search itself, it was all the computer activity that confirmed and showed, with no doubt, that Brad Cooper was the one on that computer, that day, 7/11. Secure HTTPS sessions to a couple banks. No one else could have been getting into Cooper's online bank account. That was him! Sandwiched in between his secure web sessions was the google map search, then later, a weather search, both starting the same way, for zip code 27518.

I don't know if anyone else understands this, but this is powerful stuff. It proves Brad Cooper was the one interacting with his computer on 7/11/08.

I'd love to know NC's father's real feelings about BC's guilt. He seems like someone who would be honest & not let his feelings affect his honesty.

His testimony is the reason I think BC did it. His testimony was so honest and forthright. He has to have been privy to things we are not in this trial, yet he seemed so unbiased, even 'asking' BC at one point about a recollection. If he believes BC is guilty, I do not believe it is emotion based, but fact based with information we have not heard or could not heard.

IMHO

Someone else besides me needs to disect this...

Kurtz was talking about the MFT's and such when receives a text in the middle of closing arguments and looks down at his phone.

About 53:00 into the video.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/nancycooper/video/9541522/#/vid9541522

I wonder who it was and what was so important during closing that he actually looks at the phone.

Hey...thought there was clear orders about cell phones? It was probably his wife asking him to pick up some green juice on the way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double