State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would I need to rethink my last statement?

Edited to add: clearly they blame him for NC's death, and clearly from this trial he is innocent of those charges. If they have influenced the children in any way to have negative impressions of their father, that would be corruption of the children.

2nd edit: The post to which I was replying presented NC's family as going through hell if they were to hand back BC's children to him. If BC is innocent, which it is clear that he is, that is downright offensive.

it's actually a part of the custody agreement that they are NOT allowed to bad mouth BC, the same way he is not allowed to bad mouth them to the children.

It appears the jury is going to actually look at evidence and discuss. This is a good thing, as Martha S. would say.

That's a good thing for both sides too. Hopefully it means they will base their verdict on the evidence and not on gut feelings, which is what they should do.

I am very excited for the jurors' verdict, no matter which way it goes. I have to trust that they will come to the right conclusion, whether it's the same as mine or not. Remember, they have a different view of the case than we do, seeing as we have seen so much and analyzed it for so long. They only see what they have been allowed to see. So it will be interesting to see what conclusion they come to.

This is the first time I have ever followed a trail...I think I must be a bit crazy as I have opted to spend a lot of time in front of the computer. I found it very interesting to see how they (I mean both sides here) twist things around to suit them. Everything is not what it seems at all.

Then the jury must sift through everything and somehow figure it out. It will be interesting at the end to find out what the piece of evidence is that sways them...be it whether he is guilty...or not guilty.

I loved it when Cummings said "Baba Ganoush...an ethnic restaurant." I giggle everytime I think about it. I also liked it when he yelled out, "I'm gonna sue that b*tch!"

He truly lost me when he started talking about K. being JP's child and DNA testing and then he started babbling about sheets and children's nightgowns. WTH was he going for there? That they could have scraped DNA off the nightgown?

And what was that about wheel base measurements changing as you drive around a curve? WUT? Oh, those zany BMW's designers!! (Actually, that sounds dangerous.)

Honestly I sort of understand about the tires you might want to ask a man about a tired track in the mud straight on and one in mud at a turn. Not sure I do, but it would make a difference.

So what happens now? How will we know when the jury reaches a verdict? I don't want to miss it but don't do twitter.

If I am arrested for anything - I am calling Bob Trenkle. THAT much I learned from this trial.

He's been pretty damn impressive.

Although I am a sorta kinda most likely BDI, I hope if it's not guilty, they don't have facebook. Jus sayin'

I loved it when Cummings said "Baba Ganoush...an ethnic restaurant." I giggle everytime I think about it. I also liked it when he yelled out, "I'm gonna sue that b*tch!"

He truly lost me when he started talking about K. being JP's child and DNA testing and then he started babbling about sheets and children's nightgowns. WTH was he going for there? That they could have scraped DNA off the nightgown?

And what was that about wheel base measurements changing as you drive around a curve? WUT? Oh, those zany BMW's designers!! (Actually, that sounds dangerous.)

That was the dumbest moment of the whole closing. And for him to say only the front left wheel and the right rear wheel would have been touching the ground had me going :crazy: Not sure how that is physically possible. That gets added to his pointing out his witnesses were liars and allowing MH to read an alternate theory to the jury.

If I am arrested for anything - I am calling Bob Trenkle. THAT much I learned from this trial.

If I'm arrested for anything like this I"ll be screaming BLOODY INNOCENT from the tops of tall buildings, taking LD tests, anything to show I didn't do it. And attending memorials, returning PD calls, going to the PD for questions, anything Im asked and more. He was not IMO frozen with shock.

I thought both defense attorneys were outstanding. Trenkle is a better speaker, but Kurtz got himself up to speed on some very technical stuff. I was impressed.

it's actually a part of the custody agreement that they are NOT allowed to bad mouth BC, the same way he is not allowed to bad mouth them to the children.

Yes, I read that and was aware of that. And actually I think they probably have stuck to that.

If I'm arrested for anything like this I"ll be screaming BLOODY INNOCENT from the tops of tall buildings, taking LD tests, anything to show I didn't do it. And attending memorials, returning PD calls, going to the PD for questions, anything Im asked and more. He was not IMO frozen with shock.

Yeah, but sometimes the one who yells "I'm innocent" all over the place actually looks guilty if they aren't careful.

Think about JP's testimony and listening to his police interviews. He sounded SO guilty by asking things like "did you get what you needed from me today?" and pointing the finger at others in the community. Sometimes it's best to just keep quiet.

Yeah, but sometimes the one who yells "I'm innocent" all over the place actually looks guilty if they aren't careful.

Think about JP's testimony and listening to his police interviews. He sounded SO guilty by asking things like "did you get what you needed from me today?" and pointing the finger at others in the community. Sometimes it's best to just keep quiet.

I couldn't do that but I wouldn't point fingers either. But then again, if something happened to my husband ike this and I was innocent, I would be totally polarized by the shock. I would never want to be like the cummings clan.

Yes, I read that and was aware of that. And actually I think they probably have stuck to that.

I truly hope so. The kids have already lost their mother and their dad has been in jail for what, 2 1/2 years now? it would be even worse if the family was saying things that would be hard for 2 little girls to process. I'm sure their worlds are screwed up enough from what has happened.

I'm confused. WRAL tweeted:

"Juror w/ scheduling conflict worked it out & will stay on jury."

Did anyone else hear that?

I have no idea what to do now. I don't know how you diehard trial watchers do this stuff all the time. This is the only trial I have ever followed (except for OJ...but that was before forums). I know I have been a very vocal and opinionated poster on this forum. I thoroughly enjoy the banter and debate. While I disagree with a lot that is said on here, I respect each and every one of you for coming on here and posting your thoughts. I hope I have not offended people with my posts or opinions. I have tried to not let it get personal, although that is hard to do when you have a group of people as passionate as the group in here. If I have offended you, please accept my apology. I've made several "cyber-friends" as well (you know who you are) and have appreciated the personal notes from all kinds of people on both sides. This has been such a unique and addicting experience to follow a trial with a group of people I'll likely never meet, but feel like I know. Thank you for sharing of yourselves on here. Now we wait.

Good evening folks..I have been reading here since this AM..and watched closings..I will reserve comments of the "Theatrical" judgement calls,, and will just await how these deliberations go..

I am relieved that the jury has followed the usual..and that to elect a Juror to lead them thru these deliberations, and likely did a straw pole, but pleased they are now asking for items to review..which means they are indeed taking their jobs seriously!! Kudo's to them...

I wonder IF it is possible a "Verdict Watch Thread" could be setup?..the length of this thread is causing wonky delays in downloads for me..having to log out, and log back on in order to read posts..Just asking:waitasec:

:seeya:

Good evening folks..I have been reading here since this AM..and watched closings..I will reserve comments of the "Theatrical" judgement calls,, and will just await how these deliberations go..

I am relieved that the jury has followed the usual..and that to elect a Juror to lead them thru these deliberations, and likely did a straw pole, but pleased they are now asking for items to review..which means they are indeed taking their jobs seriously!! Kudo's to them...

I wonder IF it is possible a "Verdict Watch Thread" could be setup?..the length of this thread is causing wonky delays in downloads for me..having to log out, and log back on in order to read posts..Just asking:waitasec:

:seeya:

Great Idea.

The wheelbase - really

track - note the diagram at the right) doesn't change. But the tire tracks in the dirt made it look like it did during the turn.

See this http://www.carbibles.com/steering_bible.html

Note that as the car turns to the right, if the only tire tracks that were visible (maybe the other tires did not go on a surface that left a track) it would appear that the track (not wheelbase as it has been called all throughout this trial) is shorter than the actual track of the car. That was Cumming's point.

Try it with a toy car with steerable front wheels. Run it through some water and then make it turn. You'll see four tracks of water all of differing radius. Eliminate the two outer tracks and you'll think a thinner vehicle made the tracks.

I think that goes to differences in personalities. Some people demonstrate a lot less emotion, and are often perceived as being cold, even though they just express themselves differently. It's clear that BC is one of those people. Putting him on the stand would have been a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member