State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. He redeemed himself at the end. That was powerful and effective.

wow..that was pretty powerful stuff

Very - I had tears welled up in my eyes and thinking about how smug he was sitting there with that smirk on his face!!! What a guilty p.o.s he is.

Wow, has anyone ever seen such a horrible closing? I don't follow a lot of trials, but that was just awful.

I found the last part very powerful. Began to wonder if NC was hit hard in the neck causing the hyoid bone to break, would it take the same 2 + mins?

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Cummings puts hand on his throat for 3 minutes to show jury how long Nancy was likely strangled. "Now she's dead." #coopertrial
1 minute ago
»
WRAL NEWS in NC
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Cummings: Brad had to hold his wife's throat 3 to 4 minutes for her to die. #coopertrial
26 minutes ago

Ok, I'm thinking the NG verdict will be in by Thursday afternoon. jmo
That was a bad closing for a bad case all around, imo.

I will see you all back here when the verdict comes in. Thanks for the company.

Great conclusion and BC helped him with that smirk.

God, I hope those jurors looked over there at him with that smug little smirk on his face. How completely sickening!!!

And then he spills the beans as tells them what the judge is going to say after he's done talking ... this guy is out of line.

I can NOT think of a single trial, right off the top of my head, where one or more of the attorney's don't tell the jury something about how the judge is going to instruct them. If Kurtz didn't do it, then I would say it shows his lack of experience. MOO from watching decades of trials.

The theatrics would have been powerful if the issue was intent. The issue is whether he did it at all. Hopefully that is not lost on the jury.

Well, verdict prediction?

Not what you think, what you think the jury will decide.

okay, the case is now closed................

i will say for the record that the state DID NOT prove brad did it beyond a reasonable doubt imo

yes, i think he just might have............but IF THE JURY FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS AND THE LAW...........he should walk

and that's what makes me mad.....furious even......he will walk when he probably did do it

Effective ending, but I'd have to say that the defense easily won the battle of the closing arguments. The first prosecutor moved between talking points much too quickly for it to be effective and the second prosecutor spent far too much time emphasizing the weaker parts of the state's case.

I liked the fact that the defense gave a clear summary of their response to the state's evidence. I didn't like the fact that the prosecution tried to bamboozle with mindboggling tech talk and droned on about things never discussed during the trial. For example, if all that other evidence doesn't mean he is guilty, then the fact that Nancy's hair was not in a ponytail when she was found means he is guilty.

No. What would have been very powerful would have been to put a big picture of Nancy up, then done this 3 minute display. Talk about how BC would have looked into her eyes as he did this. Let them look into her eyes in the picture. Then remain silent for the 3 minutes. But make it about her.

completely agree. I don't know if you follow the KC Anthony case, but if you do and remember Jeff Ashton speaking about Caylee looking into KC's eyes when she was dying... I mean, that had me in tears. HC needed to do something similar but he didn't. he could have made that really powerful.

He might have struggled and went all over, but damng good ending with BC smirking at the table. Acting bored and totally uninterested in his supposed INNOCENSE

I was wondering if Brad is drugged or something...just the way his eyes look.

It certainly touched me and I can only imagine a sister, a mother and a father watching that picturing their daughter fighting to get away while BC smirks and blinks his eyes so bored. God bless the Rentz's.

I found time today to watch some of the argument. Cumming's closing wasn't great but the finish was effective. Brad's smirk... wow do I know that smirk.

POWERFUL CLOSE...I generally think courtroom theatrics are distasteful but I think this one really hit home the magnitude of the crime that Brad committed

The problem is that they never proved that he did it, so he was making everyone visualize her death and crush her family, for what?

He should have talked about how much everyone loved her, misses her, etc. He really screwed this up.

Really, I'm the sappiest person out there and didn't find any emotion or power at all in this ending. The thought of a mother of young children losing her life makes me want to cry - but the story needed to be told and it wasn't.

Why did HM need to be discussed? Especially at the end. I thought it was horrible. And I hate BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member