State vs Bradley Cooper 4-21-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has RZ been all over the news telling her jogger story?? If not, how would the look alike Nancy jogger know she needed to call LE and clear up RZ's mis-ID? Maybe this woman was only there for that week-end, in the summer, and has no clue about this case?

As soon as it was in the news that a woman went missing and her husband reported that she went jogging in a certain area, wouldn't all the female joggers that were in that area at that time think that they were lucky that nothing happened to them while jogging ... or did everyone already know that the husband did it?

I found the last witness to be a sweet, well meaning nice lady. Her testimony was not credible to me though as she contradicted herself. She said she talked to officers at the roadblock and remembers talking to Det. D. even saying she could pick him out if she saw him again. She said she had tons of business cards from the police ,yet claims they never talked to her ....... how did she get all the business cards? Glasses are also relevant when a witness is saying they saw a person.

Asked and answered. See Otto above.

From CPD at roadblocks, on street, interview the day before the CUSTODY hearing, the recent one just before this trial.

I had that same thought - same as the old lady in the neighborhood - if that was anybody else, surely they would have come forward and said "I remember that encounter and it was ME, not NC" but that didn't happen, lending even further credence that all these eyewitnesses accounts are more than likely true.

I honestly came into this trial thinking BC was guilty - had to be. I'm so convinced now that he is not. I cannot fathom any juror looking at the lack of evidence (DD himself said so) and saying "guilty".

I run in my neighborhood every morning, but I do not watch our local news a whole lot. Usually just for a few minutes in the morning to see the weather forecast. So there's no guarantee that a jogger will know that they need to come forward because some lady said she saw a jogger and said hi to her. Not everyone watches the news or even follows murder cases in the area (I know I don't, despite my interest in a few big national cases).

From another site:

The jogger RZ saw could not have been NC because the jogger did not mention BC's affair.

Just remembered something - Mrs Z stated today that the jogger had her haired pulled back (and thus the focus on her face, I would guess). That would have been enough for me to say she did not see NC. Per my recollection - there was nothing in Nancy's hair when she was found.

(okay - before anyone mentions this - the folks in the van could have grabbed her ponytail holder along with the tshirt, shorts, undies, socks, shoes for souvenirs prior to getting frustrated with the bra and leaving the diamond stud(s).....)

Interesting that the current wral.com story on the trial is now missing any mention of RZ. She had been in the earlier version. Curious.

Coverage at other sites seems intact.

ETA: No mention there of NC's affair when first married. Wonder who the "politically connected" guy was, and if NC or FL. Great new pickup line, "I can help you get a green card".

Interesting that the current wral.com story on the trial is now missing any mention of RZ. She had been in the earlier version. Curious.

Coverage at other sites seems intact.

Maybe because people on twitter are openly mocking her and asking WRAL to post her video so they can laugh at her some more.

Maybe because people on twitter are openly mocking her and asking WRAL to post her video so they can laugh at her some more.

That's cruel and unnecessary - what is wrong with people?

She was a woman who wanted to help. She 100% believes that she saw Nancy. There's no reason to be so hurtful.

Hopefully she's not tech savvy and not monitoring twitter....

I respect Websleuths for requiring the use of initials and other elements of the terms of use / rules. Sometimes anonymity can make people so darn mean.

Reports posted elsewhere claim that NC's sister was pointing at RZ and laughing during her testimony. From people in the courtroom. Will check twitter when I get back.

That's cruel and unnecessary - what is wrong with people?

She was a woman who wanted to help. She 100% believes that she saw Nancy. There's no reason to be so hurtful.

Hopefully she's not tech savvy and not monitoring twitter....

I respect Websleuths for requiring the use of initials and other elements of the terms of use / rules. Sometimes anonymity can make people so darn mean.

Well said, I totally agree.

Reports posted elsewhere claim that NC's sister was pointing at RZ and laughing during her testimony. From people in the courtroom. Will check twitter when I get back.

I saw that post as well and that it was apparently not the first time.

So a van pulls a U Turn..and follows same direction he was going..and van disappeared...Hummmm Once again hispanics driving van...Wonder if they missed their turn and had to backtrack tothat street??.. Ohhh wait, they must have been up to no good!! Conspiracy theories abound here :banghead:

I am sure these witnesses have good intentions..but poor Nancy was long gone by then..and she wasnt jogging half nude, and barefoot..

I am sure he recognized nancy as someone who had shopped at his store...once again transposition of recognitions..very common thing for eye witnesses do subconsciously...

I don't think the Cuppers (either one of them) would have shopped at Food Lion. Seems kind of low class for them (note: I shop at Food Lion).

She said that she thought the jogger may have had an iPod, but that she wasn't completely certain about it. Some joggers wear a pouch that they put keys and ID in and some of those pouches can resemble iPods at first glance.

Nobody mentioned a pouch, Nancy had neither her keys, nor her cell phone, so I doubt she'd have need for any sort of pouch.

Reminds me of the scene from the movie: My Cousin Vinny:

50) Q: Mrs. Reilly, when you saw the defendants, were you wearing your glasses?

A: Yes, I was.

51) Q: Over here, dear. Would you mind putting your glasses on for us, please?

(She puts on her glasses.) Whoa, how long you been wearing glasses?

A: Since I was six.

52) Q: Have they always been that thick?

A: Oh, no, they got thicker over the years.

53) Q: So as your eyes have gotten more and more out of wack as you've gotten older, how many different levels of thickness do you think you've gone through?

A: Oh, I don't know, over sixty years, maybe 10 times?

54) Q: Maybe you're ready for a thicker set?

A: Oh, no, I think they're okay.

55) Q: I think we should make sure. Let's check it out. Now how far were the defendants from you when you saw them entering the Sack O' Suds?

A: About a hundred feet.

56) Q: About a hundred feet. Would you hold this please? (Running a tape measure). Sorry, excuse me, excuse me, sorry, sorry. Okay. This is fifty feet. That's half the distance. How many fingers am I holding up? (He hold up two fingers.)

Judge: Let the record show that the counselor is holding up two fingers.

Q: Your Honor, please, huh?

J: Oh. Sorry.

57) Q: Now, Mrs. Reilly, and only Mrs. Reilly, how many fingers am I holding up now?

(He holds up two fingers)

A: Four.

Thanks!!! That's one of my all-time favorite comedy movies. A classic!! And with it, you make a good point.

Excuse me? They were referred to as everything from the cary clique to nosey neighbors, and those were the nicer references.

Well, in my opinion, from what I have heard and read, they were nosey neighbors and a cary clique. Maybe they weren't so nosey per se, but sure became intrigued when NC told everyone around her that was willing to listen about BC's affair and the poor state of their marriage. Seems like BC pretty much kept his personal info personal.

It would cancel one out, but not both.

Good point. It might still bring into question the reliability of two different eyewitnesses one of whom has to be mistaken.

There is something else that has puzzled me: the neighbor that testified for the prosecution that he and his wife ran that morning. He gave the time they ran and the route they ran and then he said he went home and his wife ran another loop alone. They actually knew Nancy. Am I correct that the wife never testified? I expected to hear from her since she had a solo run without her husband. Could she be a rebuttal witness?

Not to throw cold water on this party, but I believe Java Jive is in that little shopping center by the golf course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes