State vs Bradley Cooper 4-21-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for stating the obvious. I'm sitting here a little dumbfounded. If only people who knew NC were looking for her, fliers wouldn't be needed. Right? Why all the discrediting this poor woman for doing what the police wanted her to do - see the flier, think you have information about the missing person, and call the police. Why does everything have to be so sinister?

I don't think people putting out fliers for adults really expect anybody to *find* the person from the flier. I think they are a way to keep publicity up. Keep the name and face out there in the public. I don't know about you, but I can't think of any adult *found* by a flier? Maybe I'm missing some obvious ones? I'm thinking of Laci Peterson, Laurie Hacking, Brooke what was her last name? Shasta Groene is about the only one, child, located by a flier. Help me out here? I know, being the crime buff that I am, if one of my daughters, adult daughters, was missing more than 12 hours, I doubt I'd hold out much hope, unfortunately. :(

Not to throw cold water on this party, but I believe Java Jive is in that little shopping center by the golf course.

I am not being snarky. Could you explain this? I am not getting it and would like to understand your point.

I'd be happy to go and shoot some video, but I think my wife would not appreciate my efforts too much.

:truce:

Focus especially on those jogging in two left shoes and a jogging bra only. That'll cut your list way down. Bet wife won't mind that list!

:great:

:woohoo:

I don't think the Cuppers (either one of them) would have shopped at Food Lion. Seems kind of low class for them (note: I shop at Food Lion).

Well that guy who works there testified that Nancy did indeed shop there cause he remembers that...so who knows if his memory got clouded by seeing here shopping, seeing the flyer and applying it to Nancy being a known jogger...I wont call him at fault for reporting what he saw at all..Its just that stats indicate eye witness sightings are notoriously innaccurate especially when it is only glimpses and your attention is distracted to many others things going on at the same time....Very few people truly possess Photographic memory abilities....its simple really..Defense is simply trying to deflect attention to Brad inability to supply accurate information..

As an aside...It seems outsiders cared more about this poor women missing than her own husband...which is what has been shown...and I certainly do not blame anybody for reporting what they thought they saw...It's sometimes, tho rarely, can be the tip that makes that difference in some cases..JUST NOT THIS CASE...Unfortunately for Nancy :maddening:

Well that guy who works there testified that Nancy did indeed shop there cause he remembers that...so who knows if his memory got clouded by seeing here shopping, seeing the flyer and applying it to Nancy being a known jogger...I wont call him at fault for reporting what he saw at all..Its just that stats indicate eye witness sightings are notoriously innaccurate especially when it is only glimpses and your attention is distracted to many others things going on at the same time....Very few people truly possess Photographic memory abilities....its simple really..Defense is simply trying to deflect attention to Brad inability to supply accurate information..

As an aside...It seems outsiders cared more about this poor women missing than her own husband...which is what has been shown...and I certainly do not blame anybody for reporting what they thought they saw...It's sometimes, tho rarely, can be the tip that makes that difference in some cases..JUST NOT THIS CASE...Unfortunately for Nancy :maddening:

I believe he said that the person that he saw jogging was someone that he recognized from shopping in his store. He thought it was the same person in the flier. I don't believe he actually knew Nancy by name as someone that shopped there. MOO

Reports posted elsewhere claim that NC's sister was pointing at RZ and laughing during her testimony. From people in the courtroom. Will check twitter when I get back.

I hope she realizes that her solid testimony was very important for the defense. If it wasn't important, people wouldn't be so eager to ridicule her. They would simply leave her alone and move on.

Has RZ been all over the news telling her jogger story?? If not, how would the look alike Nancy jogger know she needed to call LE and clear up RZ's mis-ID? Maybe this woman was only there for that week-end, in the summer, and has no clue about this case?

Not everyone is a crime junkie like us. Often times I'll make some remark to one of my non crime friends, something that's had a lot of news coverage, and friend/s will have no idea to what I am referring. Blows my mind, I think to myself 'what rock have you been living under the last couple weeks....?'

Just wish to make a comment on those "Twitter" peeps who claim that the Rentz Family pointed, laughed at and rediculed witnesses..I am so sorry, this family has more class in their pinky finger than those posting on twitter..there is no way they would stoop to that level of behavior...but it doesnt stop tweeters from trying to..That comment made me so angry..Thats all I will say about that...Shame on them!!

Can somebody refresh my memory? Did HP testify that she new about the Sat morning painting plans and if so when did she learn about them?

Nancy often ran from JJ. Although I really don't think so that day.

Ah OK, that's what I thought you were getting at. Not unreasonable to think that if she had gone running she could have met up with somebody at JJ or the general vicinity.

That's cruel and unnecessary - what is wrong with people?

She was a woman who wanted to help. She 100% believes that she saw Nancy. There's no reason to be so hurtful.

Hopefully she's not tech savvy and not monitoring twitter....

I respect Websleuths for requiring the use of initials and other elements of the terms of use / rules. Sometimes anonymity can make people so darn mean.

I agree, completely. Bullying should never be acceptable IMO.

I believe he said that the person that he saw jogging was someone that he recognized from shopping in his store. He thought it was the same person in the flier. I don't believe he actually knew Nancy by name as someone that shopped there. MOO

Thats not how I recall his testimony..as since he only recalled nancy as a patron of that store..I doubt he thought seeing the jogger he thought it was her..but only when seeing the flyer put it together..He doesnt even recall if she had a hat on or not?? let alone specifics..color of shorts, top etc..His biggest memory was seeing that van make a U turn to go in same direction as him..even though Nancy was jogging the opposite direction...At 35 miles an hour..I am sure the jogger was long gone past him at that speed by the time the van turned around??..

Dont know how many feet a second a car moves at that speed..but it had to be much faster than the jogger was jogging at??

Not intended to argue or dispute your recall..His sighting just doesnt seem applicable to possibility to be Nancy.....since we already think she never really went out that door at 7AM..JMO

I don't think the Cuppers (either one of them) would have shopped at Food Lion. Seems kind of low class for them (note: I shop at Food Lion).

We shop at Food Lion out of necessity. Anything else is at least a 30 to 45 minute drive for us. Not much diversity out here in the boonies. :maddening: Not being snobby, it's just that they don't carry a lot of things. Like poppyseed or onion bagels. :banghead: or garden style philly cream cheese. :maddening:

I don't think people putting out fliers for adults really expect anybody to *find* the person from the flier. I think they are a way to keep publicity up. Keep the name and face out there in the public. I don't know about you, but I can't think of any adult *found* by a flier? Maybe I'm missing some obvious ones? I'm thinking of Laci Peterson, Laurie Hacking, Brooke what was her last name? Shasta Groene is about the only one, child, located by a flier. Help me out here? I know, being the crime buff that I am, if one of my daughters, adult daughters, was missing more than 12 hours, I doubt I'd hold out much hope, unfortunately. :(

What about Ann Smart (I think that was her name)? Didn't someone see her on a video camera? I know she doesn't qualify as an 'adult' but isn't that still a result of someone recognizing the face?

My thoughts on RZ: I don't believe she saw NC either. I do think 'she' believes that. I also think that because she believed this, she felt hurt/angry by the fact that CPD basically ignored her initially. Even today, I could tell she still has that anger. I don't think she's looking for publicity, I don't think she wanted fame. I think she just wanted to tell what she saw to someone who was actually interested.

I'm not going to get into reasons why CPD should/should not have contacted her sooner, I think they should have but that's my opinion. I think it's fairly obvious that they zeroed in on BC from the beginning. I also figured out why they haven't admitted as such during the trial. For one, it justifies what the defense is claiming (rush to judgement, even if he did it). Two, we now know that all they really had in those early days after they found NC was what the neighbors told them. I for one could not imagine what kind of backlash LE would get for saying BC was a suspect/person of interest based simply on hearsay from the neighbors/friends.

I am home and have watched the video available on WRAL. I have just finished reading the posts on here. I cannot find the RZ testimony. Did she come before the Food Lion man? Thanks!

I hope she realizes that her solid testimony was very important for the defense. If it wasn't important, people wouldn't be so eager to ridicule her. They would simply leave her alone and move on.

I agree her testimony was important to the defense until she testified. In the end, I"m not sure how the jurors will take her.

What about Ann Smart (I think that was her name)? Didn't someone see her on a video camera? I know she doesn't qualify as an 'adult' but isn't that still a result of someone recognizing the face?

Are you thinking of Elizabeth Smart? I think she was around 13 or 14 at the time, and yes, thanks, that is another example of someone being found due to a LOT of publicity and keeping her picture out there as much as possible. I do think there is a chance with juveniles. But most often if an adult is gone for more than 12 to 24 hours, they aren't coming back. :(

I am home and have watched the video available on WRAL. I have just finished reading the posts on here. I cannot find the RZ testimony. Did she come before the Food Lion man? Thanks!

Yes she testified prior to the Food lion man and the greenskeeper guy from the golf course in between.

Yes, before the Food Lion guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member