State vs Bradley Cooper 4-21-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was watching RZ today, the thing that bothered me was that she kept saying, "I told them I saw her this morning." (meaning she told CPD she saw NC on Sunday morning, not Saturday.) And even when they continually tried to correct her, and lead her to the right day, she kept saying it. In her affadavit, she claims she left a message on voicemail, but today it seemed like she actually spoke with someone to leave that message. It goes on and on, and I feel for her, because I think she just has a problem with her perception of time.

The other thing i thought was strange were those questions involving her telling an officer that NC was hit by a car and dumped at Fielding? Thankfully, they didn't press her on it, but what was that? I am not trying to slam the witness, I just think with RZ in particular, a big deal has been made about CPD ignoring her, and I just wonder what in the world is contained in those statements and police notes?

It would probably be best to lay the whole issue to rest, I suppose.

Ahhhh, it's up now on wral.

ETA: forget that!! I guess it isn't.

CPD is good, but they're not that good. They still need a few more hours to doctor the tapes so that it appears RZ absolutely did not see NC that morning and that DD held a daily briefing with RZ to get any new information she might have and to keep her abreast of the investigation.

What? I'm confused.

He wasn't the ones who showed her the photos, and she never stated she didn't recognize him. Do you honestly believe she didn't spend time with him prior to testifying today? Do you think Kurtz would let any witness up on the stand without personally speaking to them first? I am honestly shocked that you're implying she did not recognize the attorney she's been in contact with for years. She was simply stating "custody attorney" since that was a different person who came to her house. And Kurtz was never a custody attorney. One of the attorneys at his firm is the custody attorney, not him.

I understand what you are saying but it was confusing for me as well. It did almost seem like she was talking like she had never met this attorney before, not realizing that the same firm did both the custody and criminal. I started to figure it out, what she was saying, but I still think it was confusing and I can understand why someone would think that....

When I was watching RZ today, the thing that bothered me was that she kept saying, "I told them I saw her this morning." (meaning she told CPD she saw NC on Sunday morning, not Saturday.) And even when they continually tried to correct her, and lead her to the right day, she kept saying it. In her affadavit, she claims she left a message on voicemail, but today it seemed like she actually spoke with someone to leave that message. It goes on and on, and I feel for her, because I think she just has a problem with her perception of time.

The other thing i thought was strange were those questions involving her telling an officer that NC was hit by a car and dumped at Fielding? Thankfully, they didn't press her on it, but what was that? I am not trying to slam the witness, I just think with RZ in particular, a big deal has been made about CPD ignoring her, and I just wonder what in the world is contained in those statements and police notes?

It would probably be best to lay the whole issue to rest, I suppose.

I agree, she did seem a bit "off" and her recollection of time bothered me too. But I think the main thing defense was trying to point out was that she was one of several people who believed they saw the missing woman and police didn't contact them for details until much later when their memories were faded. Plus they also had the "psychic wild goose chase on a golf course" to show that CPD was more concerned about this than speaking to real people. I think it probably was somewhat effective.

Eyewitness RZ states, "I've never seen her before in my life, I've never seen her after"
How does an eyewitness do a positive ID on someone they have never seen before in
1 second glance while managing a 110 pound dog on a leash......wouldn't she need more information to verify her sighting....and did she really get enough detail to positively identify. Wouldn't she need to see the poster with her glasses? Oui? Oui? obscure and irrelevant.

By the way, NOT needy for thanks here. NOT making friends. I am posting my own thoughts and using common sense. I am here for Nancy, her dear friends, and family,
whom I have never met.

I agree, she did seem a bit "off" and her recollection of time bothered me too. But I think the main thing defense was trying to point out was that she was one of several people who believed they saw the missing woman and police didn't contact them for details until much later when their memories were faded. Plus they also had the "psychic wild goose chase on a golf course" to show that CPD was more concerned about this than speaking to real people. I think it probably was somewhat effective.

The inconsistencies are probably why the CPD didn't follow up.... and follow up some more. They were probably able to determine early on that her perception of time and perhaps other issues were a bit off.

Yeah, was that crazy or what? I was thinking, what is this guy talking about a golf course for, and colored flags and then I heard psychic and I laughed out loud. Not to make fun, but I could just picture those men with CPD shirts all riding in a golf course, checking out psychic predictions. Where is that video?

Eyewitness RZ states, "I've never seen her before in my life, I've never seen her after"
How does an eyewitness do a positive ID on someone they have never seen before in
1 second glance while managing a 110 pound dog on a leash......wouldn't she need more information to verify her sighting....and did she really get enough detail to positively identify. Wouldn't she need to see the poster with her glasses? Oui? Oui? obscure and irrelevant.

By the way, NOT needy for thanks here. NOT making friends. I am posting my own thoughts and using common sense. I am here for Nancy, her dear friends, and family,
whom I have never met.

Well I have enjoyed your posts and perspective and I hope you stay around!!!!!

I may not be RZ's age but my memory wouldn't have been faded if I was Positive it was her that day and when finally interviewed on 7/22.

Hmm, the FL man gets a double play.

Well it DOES appear to be important to defense to air that 7 years before Nancy's disappearance, before having children with Brad, about a year after moving to Cary with Brad..that an anomymous man who wanted to help her to get a Green card in order to work in US became some sort of ideations she had a heated affair..and somehow that implicates what?,,that he liked her and didnt care that she was married..hummm sounds like alot of guys to me:rocker:

It only went to prove Nancy felt 7 years prior to her death, unloved, alienated by her husband..who didnt do one thing to help her get that preverbial green card so she could work and contribute....I dont think that witness did anything but show just how "un-nuturing" Brad was even back then..Certainly did nothing to indicate SODDI...much less decrease dislike for Brad and how he treated Nancy..even back then...Why wouldnt he have tried to help her get that green card he apparantly promised Cisco would help her to get?...Ohh well, it is a shame Nancy didnt follow her "Gut Feelings" back then :maddening:

Thinking about what the jurors are taking home on this long weekend, compared with last weekend. The cross of Det. DD with his admission that there was no evidense that the call was spoofed and was yet another nibbling away at the prosecution's case. That case probably peaked with the Google Maps search, the smoking gun, itself undermined by the FBI refusing to discuss their methods.

Now comes JW, appearing open to a fault, readily admitting to areas where he lacked expertise, but out front. Hard to miss that every time he got close to the critical FBI finding (the Google search) or to the actual contents of BC's laptop, the prosecutors start having fits. Something important they do not want the jury to see, clearly involving tampering with BC's computer and the FBI conclusions. Then no cross of JW. Hard to follow everything said by JW, but it was very important to each side.

Then somewhat less intense testimony -- babysitters, teachers, friends who known the Coopers over 5+ years -- with one bombshell that NC had an affair soon after marrying BC and with someone "politically connected". Week ending with people who might have seen NC on the morning she disappeared, people frustrated by CPD appearing uninterested in what they might have known. The cross exams seemed mostly about trying to trip up the witnesses and to protect the CPD and its investigation.

My guess is that the jurors connected a lot more with and trusted this week's witnesses much more than any of NC's friends early in the trial.

From the description of what the cops were looking at on the golf course, it sounds like the tip they got was that Nancy's body was in some kind of water drainage area or ditch, because they were focusing on specific locations in which water and drainage and the pipeline sources were the common features.

And of course Nancy's body was indeed right near a drainage ditch, just not near a golf course.

Following crime is not my thing. This is the first trial I have watched in entirety. I avidly read the paper and news reports daily.
An abusive relationship that ended in ultimate betrayal by ending life itself, depriving children of their Mom is what motivates my presence here. And, I'll admit, I may get snarky every now and then, but if I can stay within TOS, and still express my opinions, all's well in my world.....and I am meeting my own personal goals of supporting Nancy. I will not leave until this is done. It is my honor to be fully present for her.

RZ video is up now! Number 6, in the proper place.

The inconsistencies are probably why the CPD didn't follow up.... and follow up some more. They were probably able to determine early on that her perception of time and perhaps other issues were a bit off.

I don't think so. She never provided details to police until after she spoke to Kurtz, three months later. As well as the lady from Fielding Drive and the guy who worked at FL. And maybe there will be more. I think at this point it is quite clear they zeroed in on BC and only BC from that first phone call from JA. IMO. Which isn't right because it isn't always the spouse, even though it is most likely. If they had a resource problem, they could have asked for help from Raleigh police I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState