State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another HI in Max Meadows VA, which is about 17-20 miles further North on I-77. See the testimony of Feb 7th with the HI general manager. She is asked about other HI's along the route taken by JY.

JUst wondering had he ever stayed @ the HI where he stayed that night before???
What about the one further north? Maybe he liked the one he stayed in better... 17- 20 miles isnt that big of a deal really.. MOO

No, it was the African-American gentleman in the center of the front row. But I did notice the woman you mentioned and she didn't look terribly excited that day either.

O/T The Judge in the Rusty S. murder case, makes the jury get up and stretch at the oddest times. He has even asked them if they can see his eyes because sometimes he can't see theirs. :eek: Scares me when he does that. But it must keep them on their toes during boring testimony.

Defense attorney: Mr Ludas, did you have occasion to analyze fingerprints found in the master bedroom door frame at the Birchfield residence?

Ludas: Yes I did

Defense: Would you please summarize your conclusions?

Ludas: x, y or z

Apparently we need a through w and 1 through 4 million first.

What about the one further north? Maybe he liked the one he stayed in better... 17- 20 miles isnt that big of a deal really.. MOO

He did, 3 years earlier, but I don't discount him being at that hotel shortly prior to the murder scouting camera locations. I agree 17-20 miles doesn't make a huge difference.

17-20 miles is a huge deal if you intend on driving home to kill your wife.

There's no bloody fingerprint/handprint. LE has already shown that in a protected environment, a print can last indefinitely.

To me, anyway, this is just a redherring and meaningless subterfuge.

JMHO
fran

I'm sure glad I am not on this jury, I just can't get out of my head that JY wouldn't talk to LE, come on wouldn't a innocent husband be beside himself, begging for a lie detector test, helping out as much as he could? I just don't get this refusal..He should of been screaming and kicking for them to find out what happenened and who did this to his wife and son..Sorry I just can't get pass this. I would have to find him guilty..am I bad? Even if his lawyer said for him not to talk I wouldn't be able to shut up.

There is another HI in Max Meadows VA, which is about 17-20 miles further North on I-77. See the testimony of Feb 7th with the HI general manager. She is asked about other HI's along the route taken by JY.

Hilton owns eleven different hotel brands. Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Garden Inn and Suites, Conrad, Waldorf-Astoria, Hilton Grand Vacations, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Home2Suites, AND Hampton Inn. Hilton Honors points would be accrued at any and all of the brands Hilton owns. If chose his place to stay based on the accrual of Honors points, he could have chosen from any of those eleven brands.

Every minute/mile counts in this case for sure.

Plus it would be double the mileage i.e. 17 to 20 miles each way. Could add a lot of time depending of lights, traffic flow etc

(sorry for all the typos, I finally figured out the siam. cat wants to hear what I am listening to on the headphones. It is irritating but comical. and makes typing a challenge)

Put on your juror hats: How does it influence you as a juror if JLY doesn't take the stand, since you already know he testified last time? Does it make him appear he's hiding? Make him appear more confident? Does it not affect your opinion either way?
Doesn't affect my opinion either way.

I have head phones on listening ..watching with my iPad at the library...*trying* to pay attention...went from dozing off to completely falling asleep ....dropping my iPad on the floor. I cannot imagine how tough it is for the jury especially since they've been doing this for weeks now. Now, when I watched PY's testimony on cross from the moment it began till the very end I was on the edge of my seat. I noticed the HUGE contrast as to how she was then and the day before on direct. I was seriously uncomfortable for PY. I thought her snarkiness to HC didn't win points with the jury. IMO, he only had to be stern with her when she was clearly either not answering his questions or being very evasive. She seemed to have a pretty good memory on direct. In fact, I'm not sure if I heard her tell the DT on direct even one time "I don't recall that." to their questions. Maybe a few times, but nothing like her memory loss on cross. IMO, her attitude, cold demeanor when talking about MY and the Fishers was in poor taste. I think it would have gone better for her if she acted like she cared for MY and had compassion for what the Fishers are going through. Clearly, she did not. IMO, I think she hurt her son on cross more than she helped...by far.

Moo moo moo.

I'm sure glad I am not on this jury, I just can't get out of my head that JY wouldn't talk to LE, come on wouldn't a innocent husband be beside himself, begging for a lie detector test, helping out as much as he could? I just don't get this refusal..He should of been screaming and kicking for them to find out what happenened and who did this to his wife and son..Sorry I just can't get pass this. I would have to find him guilty..am I bad? Even if his lawyer said for him not to talk I wouldn't be able to shut up.

It's been proven through testimony in this trial that he in fact lied about saying his lawyer said "not to talk". He did not have a lawyer when he first used this line. And he kept quoting it until the first trial. I have no doubt his lawyer said do not speak to anyone without me (the lawyer) present. I will never believe any lawyer told him to not talk period.

The distance from Hillsville to Max Meadows/Wytheville isn't much, but the traffic can get rather heavy in that stretch. I travel through that area frequently and always seem to hit traffic there. It's a stretch with two lanes northbound and two lanes southbound, leading up to a major interchange between I-77 and I-81. For an appointment on the other side of Wytheville it makes NO sense to stay in Hillsville. Just my :twocents:

The PT needs to drill it into the jurors heads that it took him over 1690 days to speak one word of his wifes death publicly, and that was only when he took the stand in his trial. That to me is more powerful that 5 years. Never once did he help LE. He could have told LE where he was, that he smoked a cigar, etc... but nope. He made them track down all his whereabouts. That screams guilty!

What happened? I got up to get laundry to fold and it's over? Did he make a point? What was it? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog