State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me believe you could beat someone to death live on prime time TV, yet have an "expert" of some sort later present with certainty, and science, the myriad of ways you may not have done what was seen.

Is this Photoshop considered "enhancement" or "manipulation?"

Just thinking back to a detailed discussion of this about a week ago. ;)

Wanting to answer a post about Cindy Beaver I saw.

I don't think it was a good idea for the Pros to try and badger her so much.

They were pretty much doing to her, what she said some of LE did to her, and
the Jurors got to see it up close and personal.

If the Jurors felt there were intimidation or scare tactics being used to pressure
her to change her story, they may feel sorry for her.

No one likes to be bullied, and many people will come back even stronger after
attempts to have them change their stories or to even silence them.

If there is even one Juror who can relate or noticed the extensive cross exam
of her , they may hold it against the Pros.

As for Ms. Hensley, the defense made it quite clear she saw the car on Birchleaf with Spivey's
testimony today.

These 2 witnesses , alone, could be enough for reasonable doubt.

JMO

Agreed. Not to mention it could deter people in the future from coming forward with information about a crime if they fear they will have to testify and it will be unpleasant. In this case CB was questioning whether she should call the police, but in other cases someone might rationalize away what they saw because they don't want to bother. JMO

If the pros wanted to badger someone, they should have badgered JY when they got the chance!

Just my personal take, because the only reason I'd feel uncomfortable around the defense is if I already had decided to vote guilty.

IMO

I don't take this to mean anything other than she knew she wasn't supposed to be hearing anything about the case - whether from PT, DT or anyone else. My guess is she'd be just as "uncomfortable" if it was the PT or just a courtroom observer...

fwiw, this is the usual MO.

Attack the law, attack the evidence, attack the witness.

just sayin'
:innocent:
fran

Now, we are going over latent prints that can not be unidentified.

Starting with MY's closet, edge of door.

If it happened over lunch, it could have been something as innocent as "pass the salt" and the juror got upset because they're lectured on the importance of not talking, smiling, acknowledging, etc.

I doubt Klink or Collins would have made this rookie mistake. Probably someone else associated with the DT.

BBM

I agree with you. Say what you want about defense lawyers, these two are professional in my opinion and likable.

If JY was telling his mom that his prints would probably be found on the dropper, does that count as discussing the case? I thought he never said a word to anyone about the case?

Which, if true, would result in a mistrial right away. There have been many cases overturned where they found out a juror had already made up their minds before deliberations began.
Yes, true. But if I were swaying to Guilty, I'd feel darn uncomfortable around the defense.

I think JY is guilty, but I admit that I would not be firm on that until I had discussed it with the other jurors, looked at all sides together.

But, as you pointed out, they are instructed to have no contact with either side, so perhaps the juror felt uncomfortable for ethical reasons. Nothing more; nothing less.

IMO

I don't take this to mean anything other than she knew she wasn't supposed to be hearing anything about the case - whether from PT, DT or anyone else. My guess is she'd be just as "uncomfortable" if it was the PT or just a courtroom observer...
I concede this is likely the case.

If it happened over lunch, it could have been something as innocent as "pass the salt" and the juror got upset because they're lectured on the importance of not talking, smiling, acknowledging, etc.

I doubt Klink or Collins would have made this rookie mistake. Probably someone else associated with the DT.

Interesting...maybe I missed something but I got the impression that some random trial watcher said something to the juror or within ear shot of the juror.

When a witness says "I thought this was worth looking at" and hasn't been asked this specific question by the DT...........it has gone on to long.

Hope the PT asks this witness 'can you tell us if it is normal to find the defendant's finger prints in his home' and then 'is unusual to find so few finger prints in a defendants home'?

Catching up here......

Not only publicly -- if we are to believe the Defense testimony, he also didn't speak one word to his family or friends about the investigation into the brutal murder of his wife. jmt

But he did tell PY to tell someone that they would find his DNA on the dropper in the room b/c he gave Cassidy diluted Tylenol liquid.

So which is it? He did or did not talk to people? There are quite a few contradictions if the jurors catch them.

If this is in fact the DT's last witness, he's an interesting choice. I don't expect the jurors are looking at this from the meta-information standpoint that many WS posters are. But to put up a lot of scientific mumblety-mumble after the fairly damning testimony about JLY's personality over the last two days is, from where I sit and IMO, maybe a tell.

If JY was telling his mom that his prints would probably be found on the dropper, does that count as discussing the case? I thought he never said a word to anyone about the case?

IMO I think that mamma knows a whole lot more than she is telling.

Jason's prints are on the door, but the blood splattering event came AFTERWARDS.

Now, this guy is getting it in gear, it just took forever to get here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member