State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounded like the judge said the PT had "significant problems" with the DT first witness, and will conduct a rebuttal after break. Who could that be?

No one can say this judge hasn't been fair. (well I guess they can say it, but...)

I actually agree with this. Stephens has done a remarkable job of making sure there's very little reversible error. Only one or two rulings would I put in that potential category, and even then, it's questionable.

So this morning I saw a really bad movie in which the lead actor stood at a hotel door and opened and closed it about 25 times. I asked the box office for my money back. Worst movie ever! Two thumbs down. I will never allow this friend to recommend a movie to me again!

Then this afternoon it appears I took a latent fingerprint class I didn't sign up for. However, I determined after several rounds of double negative Red Hungarian drinks that I am not likely to pass an upcoming midterm, so I regretfully have to drop the class.

There is audio coming from the courtroom, it is noisy.

Did I miss anything?? I only got to watch a little this morning. I'm reading that the Defense has rested. Am I correct to assume no big/huge bombshells were dropped that would support JY's innocence?

Moo. Moo. Moo.

I'm just curious about something here - I see a lot of people posting they are not 100% sure that JY murdered his wife and unborn child. Just who do you think did then?? If not JY, then who?? And better yet -- why?? I just don't see any other answer and am curious as to how those people who think differently do. (Not trying to be mean, but dang, I don't get it).

You know what? We have NO IDEA - this is a trial of JY and the evidence against him. It isn't a case where they present every piece of evidence and all the CE against every possible person and then you pick the most likely person.

I'm an auditor and there is a difference between "tracing" and "vouching" - they move opposite ways - and this is exactly what this situation is like. You're asking me to vouch when the evidence presented is a tracing.

I don't know if that makes any sense or not, but my guess is that there very likely could be another perp out there that, if you gave LE time to investigate everything about them - their background, their emails and phone calls, their fingerprints, etc. may very well prove a much stronger case than this one.

And that's the point. It's JY on trial and so that's the evidence presented. To many, there flat out just isn't enough evidence to say he did it beyond a reasonable doubt.

I meant stinky squirrels at midnight. Where is Strawberry when you need her? ;)

So all I know is I don't know.....was this a big bombshell ending for DT????

I certainly didn't see any bombshells!!! How do you think the pt did on cross with CB??? Were they able to put any holes in her story this time?

Sounded like the judge said the PT had "significant problems" with the DT first witness, and will conduct a rebuttal after break. Who could that be?

I think he said the first PT rebuttal witness has significant health problems so they want to get them on the stand after the break?? I think that's what I heard.

I don't know......I thought I heard "medical problems" so Judge Stephens wanted to get their testimony in today.

Did I miss anything?? I only got to watch a little this morning. I'm reading that the Defense has rested. Am I correct to assume no big/huge bombshells were dropped that would support JY's innocence?

Moo. Moo. Moo.

Well, let's see.
The trooper was called to testify......declared on the stand it was an accident.
The eye witness, CB, was called to the car at 5:30 , held up beautifully.

Defense established today through Spivey, the other eye witness to a Birchleaf car sighting was credible and on the right street.

Michelle sent SS an email talking about the accident Jason seen.

Jason purchased cigars from Tampa at one time.

The last witness said the prints at the hotel were not Jason's.

The only bombshell would have been if they WERE.

I certainly didn't see any bombshells!!! How do you think the pt did on cross with CB??? Were they able to put any holes in her story this time?

No bombshells or big bang theories for me either. But never fear, I'm sure others here see things differently.

I wonder in what percent of murders at a residence unidentified prints are found. Someone should research that statistic if it exists to present.

And then, there's the fact that Jason, the other homeowner, would not talk to help ID people in the house over the years.....

probably 100%?

You know what? We have NO IDEA - this is a trial of JY and the evidence against him. It isn't a case where they present every piece of evidence and all the CE against every possible person and then you pick the most likely person.

I'm an auditor and there is a difference between "tracing" and "vouching" - they move opposite ways - and this is exactly what this situation is like. You're asking me to vouch when the evidence presented is a tracing.

I don't know if that makes any sense or not, but my guess is that there very likely could be another perp out there that, if you gave LE time to investigate everything about them - their background, their emails and phone calls, their fingerprints, etc. may very well prove a much stronger case than this one.

And that's the point. It's JY on trial and so that's the evidence presented. To many, there flat out just isn't enough evidence to say he did it beyond a reasonable doubt.

:goodpost:

On the upside the only whining that has been heard during this trial has been my actual cat, for attention. Not anyone painfully birthing litters of kittens. So :rocker:;)

I think Judge Stephens has been remarkable. He's done a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarolAnnWalker112947