State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The man and the woman Beaver claimed to have seen in the vehicle at the young residence.

I find it difficult to believe that two killers, supposedly a man and a woman would be idling in a driveway with their lights on at the end of a driveway after savagely/brutally beating a woman to her death, I would think that the killers would have seen Beavers car from a distance as she had her high beams on and would have immediately pulled away before she came upon them, remember Ms. Beaver was driving slowly because of the deers. jmo

I also don't see why a killer would park at the very crack of the driveway/road. We are not talking about a short driveway here. MOO

I agree... no way would the perps be sitting at the end of the driveway for as long as CB claims they were in broad sight of anyone who may have come by. That house is surrounded by woods. It would have been more incognito to park at the community pool or one the street behind the house and walk through the woods without being detected. IMO the supposed car seen had nothing to do with the murder. MOO

Exactly, Ms. Beaver was driving s l o w l y because of the deers, so the killers would have seen her coming from a distance especially with the high beams on, hence, there is no way that the killers in a vehicle would have stayed there with their dash board lit up idling at the end of the driveway, just does not make sense.

Exactly, Ms. Beaver was driving s l o w l y because of the deers, so the killers would have seen her coming from a distance especially with the high beams on, hence, there is no way that the killers in a vehicle would have stayed there with their dash board lit up idling at the end of the driveway, just does not make sense.

They didn't even duck down so they wouldn't be seen.

Marty Ludas is a fingerprint & footware evidence examiner.

So, we may hear about the hushpuppies? If this witness has new information, he may be the last one called. They usually try and end on a high note.

Looked this guy up, and WOW, I have to say, I'm impressed with his creds.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/marty-ludas/35/45a/613

Marty Ludas retired after thirty years of consecutive service working as a forensic examiner with three different law enforcement agencies. He received his initial fingerprint instruction during his employment with the FBI’s Identification Division in 1972. Later, while assigned as a special agent in the North Carolina State Bureau of Identification Latent Print Section, he completed an apprentice training program in crime scene investigation and latent fingerprint and footwear examination. In 1982 he gained employment as a latent print examiner at the City County Bureau of Identification in Raleigh North Carolina. He remained at this department until he retired. Marty is certified by the International Association of Identification in two forensic disciplines, latent print identification and footwear identification.

I really am not as intereste in this guy's background as he apparently thinks I am.

Will he tell us (among other things) how many Sealy and Bellvilles (which were mass produced and would match the outsole size 12 HP print) were manufactured? or will that be the job of the final witness? DT should touch on this IMO.

I really am not as intereste in this guy's background as he apparently thinks I am.

It is necessary and critical that he goes into his background to be qualified as an expert to testify in front of the jury.

He said "it was hard to leave (FBI) b/c you were making some good money". Money motivation perhaps? He likes to talk about himself and his promotions and being recruited. I already feel he has an agenda. I wonder how much he is being paid.

Just my initial gut reaction. I know I am biased.

Only admitting him as a latent fingerprint expert, not shoe impressions... odd! Guess the shoes are pretty firm and have the DT worried.

He said "it was hard to leave (FBI) b/c you were making some good money". Money motivation perhaps? He likes to talk about himself and his promotions and being recruited. I already feel he has an agenda. I wonder how much he is being paid.

Just my initial gut reaction. I know I am biased.

Prosecution will, or should, ask him how much he's being paid. He worked for government agencies for 30 years though, he left when he retired.

HC said to judge that even though he had discussed the upcoming DT expert testimony with the State's expert - he wants to be able to discuss the actual testimony w/State expert before cross. Judge agrees, cross will start after lunch break.

What does this mean? They will get to cross before the jury is in the room and then do it again after? Like a test run? :waitasec: sounds like they may do something with the jury out of the room before lunch break and than do cross after lunch?

just a guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member