State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (P.M. session: PT closing arguments)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the prosecution is done... I must say I was very impressed by both of them today. I had a lot of doubts going into this with some of the weak crosses. I honestly believe they put 110% effort into getting the right person convicted for this horrible murder!

He did significantly better in closing in this trial versus the Cooper trial. He did a good job.

The problem with HC offering the explanation for "or acting in concert" conflicts with the assertion that the murder was properly solved. How can you stipulate another person being there without stipulating they may have participated in the murder?

The instruction should indicate then that both people would be equally guilty.

jury going back in their room to talk about what time they would like to start

Common sense and reason......

"That's all you need to know"

jury going back in their room to talk about what time they would like to start

If it were me, I'd like to get there early tomorrow, and get this thing going. No more time wasting now!

There are lots of Judges around this part that will keep the jury from 9am-7pm or later until they come to a decision.

I know everyone wants justice for MY and the baby she was carrying, but besides him being a horrid husband, and I know a few, doesn't make him a murderer. He had his women on the side and pretty much did what he wanted to do. I can't see him killing her and leaving his daughter alone for nine or ten hours. So much that does not make sense and the pros is totally relying on emotion, which is not the way to seek justice.

This sort of reminds me of Bobby Cutts. Left his son there. It has been done.

LOL at Michael Jordan! Well done, HC. I think I might love you now.

Except I really wanted to hear the 30 blows. Ended on a whimper instead of a bang...

Something like that happened in another trial but cannot remember which one. Maybe more than one trial. :waitasec:

The jury went back to figure out if they want to start earlier than 9:30 tomorrow morning. Judge thinks it would be a good idea if they do.

VERDICT WATCH--the last one for me is one I'll never, ever forget. I hope this one brings justice.

eta: Jury wants to go ahead and start at 9:30 tomorrow.

Not on my end. I think he's likely guilty, but would have to vote NG.

I'm in a similar position. I do not believe he did this alone. I do believe CY was removed from house for an extended period of time. I think it's highly possible he arranged the whole thing.

No way I would vote to convict on what's been presented.

Sounds like Judge is subtley pressing the jury for a verdict tomorrow.

wolfpack: When you say you think he is likely guilty but you would vote NG, is that because you still have a reasonable doubt?

if they don't reach a decision tomorrow there will be no deliberations over the weekend

wolfpack: When you say you think he is likely guilty but you would vote NG, is that because you still have a reasonable doubt?

Yes. I don't think the State proved their case beyond a reasonable doubt. I am not completely satisfied or entirely convinced by their evidence.

So.... That's that I guess. Who thinks we get a decision quickly tomorrow?

I do. When they came back and said they're OK starting at 9:30 tells me they don't think they're concerned about long deliberation.

Although, as we say in the Casey Anthony trial, that was a bad sign for the PT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95