State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (P.M. session: PT closing arguments)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone wants justice for MY and the baby she was carrying, but besides him being a horrid husband, and I know a few, doesn't make him a murderer. He had his women on the side and pretty much did what he wanted to do. I can't see him killing her and leaving his daughter alone for nine or ten hours. So much that does not make sense and the pros is totally relying on emotion, which is not the way to seek justice.

ITA!!! If I were on the jury I'd have to vote NG.. Sorry, but thats how I feel....

I hope Judge Stephens holds the instructions/charge for tomorrow. Let all these closings sink in first.

That can go really wrong though. You run the risk of upsetting the jury. It works for the strangulation, because there's no noise involved. I've seen some really bad "reenactments" in closings.

Makes sense, I hadn't thought of it that way.

HC tells the jury that the "or acting in concert" instruction from the judge will be based on the fact the the size 10 prints could indicate JY had someone else there to help (maybe for CY).

and i agree with otto!!!! Hes toast this time. moo

I'm obviously riding the "he did it" train, and while I think there is more circumstantial evidence against JY than in the Scott Peterson case, I think there is a good possibility of another hung jury.

We'll see.

HC is definitely a better closing attorney than he is at crossing or recrossing.

Oh yeah - down town analogy to family working puzzle together. And still, no ums.

Can't explain everything but we've given you enough pieces you know who it is.

Countered Michael Jordan with Martin Luther King, George Washington, Willie Mays and Michael Jordan.

I am convinced to a moral certainty and beyond a reasonable doubt that JY is guilty as charged.

May Michelle & baby Rylan receive justice.

Thank you PT. Thoughts and prayers to Michelle's family and friends and precious Cassidy.

LOL at Michael Jordan! Well done, HC. I think I might love you now.

Except I really wanted to hear the 30 blows. Ended on a whimper instead of a bang...

HC: Judge will instruct you...
HC talks about acting in concert instruction--for other pair of shoes, possibly to take care of CY.

HC: It is like putting a puzzle together of a famous person. I'm not going to speculate about two pair of shoes, fingerprints, but the State has given you enough info to know who that famous person is (gives some names).
When you look at the evidence the picture will be quite clear. This defendant murdered his wife on (goofs date a bit, then corrects) November 3rd, 2006, and the State asks you to find him guilty of murder in the first degree. Thank you.

So.... That's that I guess. Who thinks we get a decision quickly tomorrow?

The problem with HC offering the explanation for "or acting in concert" conflicts with the assertion that the murder was properly solved. How can you stipulate another person being there without stipulating they may have participated in the murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal