State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (P.M. session: PT closing arguments)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
n/t BH just said they took a ladder over and plugged the camera back in after it was noted unplugged and than later that morning noted that it was pushed up

(if I just heard that correctly)

I think it's possible when he left his hotel room and was seen at the front counter, he MAY have already propped open the door and was checking out the front counter desk, to see if there was some sort of alert, light, whatever, to tell the desk person that door was NOT closed.

Oh, wait, what time did the door have to be locked? Does anyone recall what the sign said?

Maybe he stayed until AFTER midnight so it would be locked, and then he put the , uh, twig/rock in the jam?

hmmmmm,
gotta think about that one,
fran

PS....note to self, camera was disabled at 11:20, PERHAPS he was checking the front desk surveilance camera to make sure it was disabled and he wouldn't be seen! :eek:

The emergency door that was found propped with a rock was locked at all times from the outside. A guest key card would never open it.

Testimony from the night audit clerk was that only the main entrance was locked and re-opened at 6 AM. All other exit/entrance doors were locked 24/7 and that he removed the rock by 4 AM.

Let me know if Holt offers a reasonable explanation for how Young managed to return to that hotel and reenter it without being captured on any security camera.

JMO

So he discovered at the meeting or shortly thereafter that the eBay listings were not in his bag. Yet he still waited an entire hour to call Meredith to go get them. <thunk>

to me it is not the smoking so much... it is the circumstances with which he went about allegedly doing it...

it fits more with casing the door and cameras to me...

The same camera? So did someone fix it the first time and then the same person tampered with it again without getting caught? :waitasec:

I thought the first camera that was tampered with was in a stairwell...and then with this second one BH just said he would have had to come through the glass doors in the front, so I think that would be a different camera?

ITA Wolfpack.... When people come to my house they have to go outside & smoke... Even if its raining or blowing snow...

My husband smokes cigars. It takes about an hour to smoke one. It's not a quick smoke like a cigarette. If it were extremely windy and as cold as it was that night he would have scratched the idea of smoking....and he smokes cigars quite frequently, not just once in NC and once in FL in his lifetime.

The same camera? So did someone fix it the first time and then the same person tampered with it again without getting caught? :waitasec:

Was he wearing gloves when he came back in?

Didnt they find someone else's fingerprints on the camera?

tia

If I was going to take up smoking, I guess the night I killed my spouse would be as good a time as any.

Wasn't MY supposed to be at work or an appt? Wasn't JLY going to be home late that afternoon or evening? Why call MF after 12 to go get the papers? Wouldn't MY have left by that time and the papers could wait until he got home??????

What would you need to believe he did actually go out and smoke that night? A video?

I think the focus on the cigar detracts from the Prosecution argument and brings the focus away from the murder. Because defense has shown cigar receipts, a humidor, and testimony that he did smoke occasionally. But what does it matter? He may very well have smoked a cigar before murdering his wife. But when you make the smoking testimony something that hinges the murder, I think that's a mistake.

I think it shows he most probally lied! the receipt for the cigars were purchased for michelle moneys husband! His best friend said he never saw him smoke. A casual smoker most probally wouldnt go outside and smoke a cigar in those weather conditions. IMO

Mine too... but are they regular smokers? For someone that is not a regular smoker or cigar smoker, no way are they going to go out in inclement weather for a smoke. I could understand if he was addicted to nicotine... but not just a casual smoke, late at night, when you're alone at a hotel. That doesn't add up to me.

Gotta disagree with ya there.... I think a casual smoker would...

n/t BH just said they took a ladder over and plugged the camera back in after it was noted unplugged and than later that morning noted that it was pushed up

(if I just heard that correctly)

That is interesting. Why would JY want to push it up later that morning? Wouldn't he want to be seen on camera giving him an alibi that he was indeed at the hotel.

I may be missing something somewhere. I don't get how he can tamper with it twice without getting caught? and the maintenance person needed a ladder to plug it in?

Was he wearing gloves when he came back in?

Didnt they find someone else's fingerprints on the camera?

tia

We don't know what he was wearing when he came back in because the camera was off.

The hotel staff got on a ladder and touched the camera and fixed it.

I saw somebody somewhere say she looked and dressed like Velma from Scooby Doo.

OMG she does. In a very respectful way!! She's bringing it home, please let this be truly heard by the jury.

It takes a lot longer to smoke a cigar than a cigarette....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB