State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (P.M. session: PT closing arguments)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband smokes cigars. It takes about an hour to smoke one. It's not a quick smoke like a cigarette. If it were extremely windy and as cold as it was that night he would have scratched the idea of smoking....and he smokes cigars quite frequently, not just once in NC and once in FL in his lifetime.

The irony is that he was smoking a cigar and reading the newspaper, ROTFLMAO ! ! !

That is interesting. Why would JY want to push it up later that morning? Wouldn't he want to be seen on camera giving him an alibi that he was indeed at the hotel.

I may be missing something somewhere. I don't get how he can tamper with it twice without getting caught? and the maintenance person needed a ladder to plug it in?

He didn't want to be seen coming back in from outside because he was supposed to be in his hotel room waking up for the day!

Ask grit guy about the camera location. You come in from outside, go into a door directly on the right, reach up and tilt up the camera.

He was inches taller than the person who needed a ladder. They testified someone JLY's height could probably reach it w/out a ladder. He's a basketball player.

MOO

Becky is doing a Awesome Job..go Girl get that sob...he is soo guilty..:rocker::woohoo::woohoo:

Gotta disagree with ya there.... I think a casual smoker would...

Not a casual smoker, as in if i go drinking with my friends in a bar i'll light up a smoke.... a casual smoke of a cigar when none of your friends have ever seen you smoke a cigar and when you detested smoking & smoke in general on the night your beautiful, pregnant wife was brutally beaten to death.

Was he wearing gloves when he came back in?

Didnt they find someone else's fingerprints on the camera?

tia

No gloves were found. The theory by some here was that he may have used his hat (we see him in surveillance video wearing a hat and then there is another picture where he's seen carrying a newspaper with something in it but not sure it was ever said what it was he was carrying).

Unidentifiable prints is what I remember. Not Jason's.

We don't know what he was wearing when he came back in because the camera was off.

The hotel staff got on a ladder and touched the ladder and fixed it.

So they verified that the prints were from the hotel staff?

That is interesting. Why would JY want to push it up later that morning? Wouldn't he want to be seen on camera giving him an alibi that he was indeed at the hotel.

I may be missing something somewhere. I don't get how he can tamper with it twice without getting caught? and the maintenance person needed a ladder to plug it in?

If he did it, he probably didn't want to be seen going up the stairwell when he did.

The old maintenance guy did use a step ladder to plug it in, but he said he could barely reach it and he was 5 10. I'm 5 10 and I stood right under it, it wasn't far over the doorway. Also, since there is a doorway underneath and behind it, you can mess with it without being on it, which somebody (even if not JY) managed to do.

Oh no, tell me she did not just go there on the wedding rings. There is no reason to draw that conclusion. IMO

Just got back in. BH doing a very smooth delivery. Not an um in sight. Impressed.

The emergency door that was found propped with a rock was locked at all times from the outside. A guest key card would never open it.

Testimony from the night audit clerk was that only the main entrance was locked and re-opened at 6 AM. All other exit/entrance doors were locked 24/7 and that he removed the rock by 4 AM.

Let me know if Holt offers a reasonable explanation for how Young managed to return to that hotel and reenter it without being captured on any security camera.

JMO

One possibility would be another guest exiting one of those side doors.

Was there actual testimony that the side door was locked 24/7? Many hotels do not lock these doors 24/7, only while the sun is down.

My husband smokes cigars. It takes about an hour to smoke one. It's not a quick smoke like a cigarette. If it were extremely windy and as cold as it was that night he would have scratched the idea of smoking....and he smokes cigars quite frequently, not just once in NC and once in FL in his lifetime.

All I can as a casual cigar smoker myself is that I have not found a way to hide this from my wife. The clothes and the car will smell quite strongly even the day after. I am almost always busted by the clothes in the laundry basket.

The emergency door that was found propped with a rock was locked at all times from the outside. A guest key card would never open it.

Testimony from the night audit clerk was that only the main entrance was locked and re-opened at 6 AM. All other exit/entrance doors were locked 24/7 and that he removed the rock by 4 AM.

Let me know if Holt offers a reasonable explanation for how Young managed to return to that hotel and reenter it without being captured on any security camera.

JMO

There was a picture of the exit/entrance door he would have used, next to the other door. There was a sign next to it that it could be open with a card key starting at 6am. This photo was put into evidence.
moo

No gloves were found. The theory by some here was that he may have used his hat (we see him in surveillance video wearing a hat and then there is another picture where he's seen carrying a newspaper with something in it but not sure it was ever said what it was he was carrying).

Unidentifiable prints is what I remember. Not Jason's.

Not sure about unplugging, but I'm sure you can push a camera up w/ your knuckles.

here we go again. always the planner. just like the evidence has all shown.

Wait, what?

So he discovered at the meeting or shortly thereafter that the eBay listings were not in his bag. Yet he still waited an entire hour to call Meredith to go get them. <thunk>

Eh, not sure I agree this is a big deal. I throw papers in my laptop bag (3 or 4 different places to put papers) and forget they are in there (or suppossed to be) until I actually think to look for them. Just because he was in and out of his bag several times doesn't mean he should have seen they were missing if he wasn't thinking about them at the time...just saying.

What about the life insurance?? Who's gonna cover that??

Also needing a ladder to plug it in: Did y'all see BH demonstrate unplugging it? She just flicked the cord out. To plug it back in you need more coordination and be able to see to line up the plug with the hole.

MOO

There was a picture of the exit/entrance door he would have used, next to the other door. There was a sign next to it that it could be open with a card key starting at 6am. This photo was put into evidence.
moo

Correct, I went in both doors at that hotel. There is a picture in evidence. The doors are only a couple of feet apart. The metal fire door at the stairwell is always locked. The glass hall door is only locked at night, per the sign on it. It has a keycard access.

Just inside (only a couple of feet at most) the hallway is a door that connects to the stairwell, and the camera is in the stairwell over that doorway, so you can come in underneath it. In that area it's gray paint, fire exit scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdeem713