State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (P.M. session: PT closing arguments)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No after break howard will be coming up!

OH that makes me feel SO much better! So glad that I had misunderstood that!! WHEW!!! I was about to cry!! Knowing that there is more to come makes me feel really good about BH's closing!!

Eh, not sure I agree this is a big deal. I throw papers in my laptop bag (3 or 4 different places to put papers) and forget they are in there (or suppossed to be) until I actually think to look for them. Just because he was in and out of his bag several times doesn't mean he should have seen they were missing if he wasn't thinking about them at the time...just saying.

My point was about the urgency he testified of having to call Meredith to go retrieve them. His testimony was he discovered them missing during his meeting with the hospital, which was at 10:35 and lasted for 30 minutes according to the testimony from the hospital lady. So he's out of there by 11ish, goes to get gas, makes some phone calls to MM, Mom, Ambrose, etc... but doesn't call Meredith until 12:17p.m. If it was so urgent, why the hour & a half delay?

Depends on the cigar.... Could have been one of those lil cheap cigars .. Maybe he didnt smoke the whole thing.... My grandfather smoked cigars his whole life.. Never a cigarette.. He would smoke some of it & put it out & smoke it later on...

Could explain why there's no receipt if it were a cheap one bought at a gas station or grocery store.

But someone who doesn't smoke (doesn't have the habit) ....unlikely would feel the need to enjoy a smoke outside that night. Unless they need an excuse.

Agree. And it's not the smoking, it's the propping. Propping two doors open to go smoke while your luggage is in the room is unheard of for any business traveller.

I haven't heard anyone say they ever do that - going 4 stories down and outside while intentionally leaving their room door propped with their stuff in it!

And of course the goth who happened to traverse the same propped doorway and unplug the camera and tilt it back up that morning had a similar habit. :rocker:

BH said HC will address the crime scene and JY's actions after the murder.

I used to be a casual smoker and have found myself outside many times with other casual smokers - weather wasn't a factor.

Heck I dont even smoke & I have went out @ night with hubby, snow blowing & stood with him while he smoked.... No biggie.....

No gloves were found. The theory by some here was that he may have used his hat (we see him in surveillance video wearing a hat and then there is another picture where he's seen carrying a newspaper with something in it but not sure it was ever said what it was he was carrying).

Unidentifiable prints is what I remember. Not Jason's.

I think he used his shirt-sleeves and pulled them over his hands.

He didn't know that Brian Ambrose wasn't going to be there until they spoke at about noon the 3rd. Meredith was the backup plan and he used it.

My point was about the urgency he testified of having to call Meredith to go retrieve them. His testimony was he discovered them missing during his meeting with the hospital, which was at 10:35 and lasted for 30 minutes according to the testimony from the hospital lady. So he's out of there by 11ish, goes to get gas, makes some phone calls to MM, Mom, Ambrose, etc... but doesn't call Meredith until 12:17p.m. If it was so urgent, why the hour & a half delay?

I'm guessing HC will talk about the HP print, missing shirt, actual crime related stuff. Gosh I hope he's more lively than usual.

Wasn't that the sign from the side doors to the parking lots that said "these doors are locked between 11p.m. & 6 a.m. use your card for access". I travel all the time and I have to use key cards all the time to get in those type doors because I'm an admitted night owl. However I never go out to smoke a cigar & read the paper :innocent:

Yes, that is what I'm talking about. The rare times I am in a motel/hotel, I am one having a cig outside. :)

thanks Becky Holt for making the jurors "feel" what Michelle went through in her marriage .......what she went through that night.

I can't imagine being brutally beaten, knowing my 2 yr old was nearby, or perhaps even in the same room, knowing my unborn son was being denied the right to even take his first breath, knowing we were going to die......

I can't imagine looking in those cold, wild, rage-filled eyes as I'm taking my final breaths and knowing it is my husband, the father of my children that is beating my life out of me.

Seriously, you're going to make me cry! Those things that you mention are why I'm so drawn to this case. It makes me want to cry when I think of that sweet baby wanting band-aids for her Mommy's boo-boos and laying a baby doll by her and for the little brother that she'll never know and the years of bonding that she will miss with her mother. So very sad.

I thought she was a little sluggish in the beginning but ended much stronger. The camera coincidences/ebay stuff was delivered very well!!

Slightly O/T - does anyone know how many murders a year there are in Wake County? Do all trials take 4+ weeks? Who decides which ones get sensationalized and splashed all over the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie