State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (P.M. session: PT closing arguments)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HC did part of the CA's at the Cooper trial and he isn't a live wire but he gets the point across enough. Cooper's results were exactly as they should have been.

Thanks, I don't know much about him but he is a little zzzzz sometimes, although holding MY attention is not necessary for him to do his job :D

HC: "This was no stranger crime. This is a case of domestic violence."
Amen!!

I don't know how many there are off hand, but the ones that are very well known are those that involve people who you would not think are likely murder victims, such as white pregnant women.

There is also a lot of publicity about some conveninet store employees who are murdered on the job. There is not as much broadcasted when the victims were in a drug deal, had a criminal record and were killed in criminal related matters.

Statistic shows the number one cause of death of a pregnant woman is murder. How sad is that.

Yes, but if the suitcase with the clothes had been stolen, or the laptop, etc., we would KNOW he left his room open all night, because the prosecution recovered all of those things. That would strike me as far more suspicious. If he's seen walking in with a suitcase, yet can't produce it hours later.

True but if he was seen along the route the same result obtains. Whoever the killer was, the killer took risks. Doing the murder involves a risk of identification. So it could be worth another risk to set up an alibi.

Yes, but if the suitcase with the clothes had been stolen, or the laptop, etc., we would KNOW he left his room open all night, because the prosecution recovered all of those things. That would strike me as far more suspicious. If he's seen walking in with a suitcase, yet can't produce it hours later.

MOO is that he was all packed up and just came back to the hotel to get the receipt for proof, nothing left in the room. JMO.

True but if he was seen along the route the same result obtains. Whoever the killer was, the killer took risks. Doing the murder involves a risk of identification. So it could be worth another risk to set up an alibi.

I think that's fair. Although I would add time in at the hotel to hide my belongings.

MOO is that he was all packed up and just came back to the hotel to get the receipt for proof, nothing left in the room. JMO.

We see him exiting without the suitcase he entered with. Or do you think he came back in after we see him leave?

I don't think I would look good if I were only a few days away from finding out whether or not I will spend the rest of my life in prison.

From your lips to god's ears. I pray this is the case.

Well he said he propped his room door open because he didnt want to disturb the guest. He could of said it was stolen while he was smoking. moo

bring up Mr. G. and CY. The two JY loved. The only two he protected until they got between him and freedom. (;) just in case someone is reading here ;))

The sign was not misplaced, it was just shown during closing, it clearly said those doors are locked between 11p.m. & 6 a.m. use your card for access. Lots & lots of hotels of the Hampton Inn variety do that. Bigger hotels are almost always locked 24/7, but IME Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, Springhill Suites, etc... that generally only have one hallway connecting to the lobby have the doors unlocked during the day.

The sign applies to the front door. Hicks testified it was unlocked at 6 AM and all others locked 24/7. If Holt tried to pass it off as applying to a side door, she is contradicting her own witness as well as misrepresenting the evidence.

It is irrelevant what happens at other hotels.

JMO

If this was a robbery that pocket book would have been taken, but the pocket book is right there! The downstairs is not ransacked at all.

Depends on the cigar.... Could have been one of those lil cheap cigars .. Maybe he didnt smoke the whole thing.... My grandfather smoked cigars his whole life.. Never a cigarette.. He would smoke some of it & put it out & smoke it later on...

Did they not search for the remainder of the cigar? Unless he swallowed it there should have been some evidence left. I guess maybe?

Pocketbook!! Haven't heard that word in a while!! Bless his heart!! You go, HC!!

HC says, in answer to there being no blood in Explorer, there's no blood trail downstairs. Downstairs not ransacked, purse still there. Questions the vacuum cleaner in DT close incredulously.

If this was a robbery that pocket book would have been taken, but the pocket book is right there! The downstairs is not ransacked at all.

I think this was just a diaper caper gone bad.

Yes, yes, bringing up how the rings were never recovered NOR TURNED IN ON THE INSURANCE. DING DING DING, we have a winner. Thank you HC!!

This way. He's the guy who said he propped it open, so he did that for a reason. Nobody I know EVER goes downstairs and outside leaving their door propped open with the keycard, for no good reason, left in the room. That doesn't make sense.

What does make sense is he didn't want a record of the time of his return. That's why he did the same downstairs and why the camera along his route was defeated.

Would he risk his luggage for a smoke? No. Would he risk it for the potential of a solid alibi to get away with murder? No brainer. IMO.

I think his computer was also in the room. I agree it is odd to pop downstairs with door open, but I find it more perplexing that he would leave the computer in the room all night with door unlocked. I disagree with you on the no brainer. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drumgirl29