State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (P.M. session: PT closing arguments)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel better soon!
Thanks! I can barely move, but I am trying to watch this and am typing sideways. My husband keeps coming in here laughing at me, because I refuse to miss this.

Hicks said the side doors are locked 24/7 so apparently you misread the sign or it was misplaced.

JMO

The sign was not misplaced, it was just shown during closing, it clearly said those doors are locked between 11p.m. & 6 a.m. use your card for access. Lots & lots of hotels of the Hampton Inn variety do that. Bigger hotels are almost always locked 24/7, but IME Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, Springhill Suites, etc... that generally only have one hallway connecting to the lobby have the doors unlocked during the day.

Plus the maintenance guy was shorter than JY, and was very old, so stretching upward may not have been his thing. He said he could barely reach the camera without a stepladder.

Maintenance is trained to utilize their tools, in this case a step ladder. You know those pesky workmen's comp problems if you get hurt and don't use the provided equipment.

Agree. And it's not the smoking, it's the propping. Propping two doors open to go smoke while your luggage is in the room is unheard of for any business traveller.

I can see leaving your room key if it was the kind of room where the key serves as a breaker for the power in the room...if you had the TV/phone charger on and were just running down the hall for ice or a vending machine. Its a stretch for going down 4 floors to smoke a cigar and read a paper - regardless of the weather conditions.

I think it was Hicks who said the side doors were all locked 24/7. Every Hampton Inn I've ever stayed in requires key cards 24/7 for side doors to the parking lots. I just stayed in a Holiday Inn last week that also required the key cards. I think it would be a serious security issue if during the day just anybody could walk in from a side door.

JMO
These side doors are often open at hotels during daylight hours.

Agree. And it's not the smoking, it's the propping. Propping two doors open to go smoke while your luggage is in the room is unheard of for any business traveller.

I haven't heard anyone say they ever do that - going 4 stories down and outside while intentionally leaving their room door propped with their stuff in it!

And of course the goth who happened to traverse the same propped doorway and unplug the camera and tilt it back up that morning had a similar habit. :rocker:

How do you justify his leaving the room door ajar all night with valuables in it? If we find it hard to leave a room door open for a few minutes, then it is hard to believe that he would do that all night.

anyone want to guess an over/under on the number of "ums"?

I'll guess 14. I think it'll be lower when he's just speaking like this versus questioning someone.

Noticing that Jason looks a little more defeated than usual..................

How do you justify his leaving the room door ajar all night with valuables in it? If we find it hard to leave a room door open for a few minutes, then it is hard to believe that he would do that all night.

What valuables?? A suitcase with some clothes? moo

But someone who doesn't smoke (doesn't have the habit) ....unlikely would feel the need to enjoy a smoke outside that night. Unless they need an excuse.

Not necessarily. In my experience a lot of people, especially those who do not have a regular smoking habit, are more likely to go outside regardless of weather.

JY's cigar and newspaper...who knows, but casual smoking is often social smoking. Since he was alone maybe the paper kept him company but he still wanted to have the cigar.

As others have mentioned, he could have smoked a cigar and also killed his wife.

The sign was not misplaced, it was just shown during closing, it clearly said those doors are locked between 11p.m. & 6 a.m. use your card for access. Lots & lots of hotels of the Hampton Inn variety do that. Bigger hotels are almost always locked 24/7, but IME Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, Springhill Suites, etc... that generally only have one hallway connecting to the lobby have the doors unlocked during the day.

Correct. The sign remains. I saw it myself. AND I went through that door with no key around 7:50 pm. two nights ago.

Klinko nor JY look very good right now.........wonder why?????

I'm guessing HC will talk about the HP print, missing shirt, actual crime related stuff. Gosh I hope he's more lively than usual.

HC did part of the CA's at the Cooper trial and he isn't a live wire but he gets the point across enough. Cooper's results were exactly as they should have been.

HC starts out "how lucky can a man be that..." good way to open IMO

Slightly O/T - does anyone know how many murders a year there are in Wake County? Do all trials take 4+ weeks? Who decides which ones get sensationalized and splashed all over the media?

I don't know how many there are off hand, but the ones that are very well known are those that involve people who you would not think are likely murder victims, such as white pregnant women.

There is also a lot of publicity about some conveninet store employees who are murdered on the job. There is not as much broadcasted when the victims were in a drug deal, had a criminal record and were killed in criminal related matters.

What valuables?? A suitcase with some clothes? moo

Yes, but if the suitcase with the clothes had been stolen, or the laptop, etc., we would KNOW he left his room open all night, because the prosecution recovered all of those things. That would strike me as far more suspicious. If he's seen walking in with a suitcase, yet can't produce it hours later.

This way. He's the guy who said he propped it open, so he did that for a reason. Nobody I know EVER goes downstairs and outside leaving their door propped open with the keycard, for no good reason, left in the room. That doesn't make sense.

What does make sense is he didn't want a record of the time of his return. That's why he did the same downstairs and why the camera along his route was defeated.

Would he risk his luggage for a smoke? No. Would he risk it for the potential of a solid alibi to get away with murder? No brainer. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990