State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-21-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense and the State are agreeing that some evidence is being allowed in without dispute.... Stipulating... No idea what it all means. Had Jason standing up affirming he was aware he was giving up his rights to have the evidence contested. Seems very formal....

Any time evidence comes in, it has to be authenticated by a witness. That means someone has to get on the stand and testify that it is what it purports to be. One manner of getting around that is to have both parties to the case stipulate to their authenticity. In doing so, Jason has to tell the Judge that he understands what he's giving up by agreeing to stipulate to the authenticity. He is allowing the Prosecution to introduce evidence without requiring them to go through that extra step. It's a good tactic, because it saves time for both parties, and it makes things flow a lot smoother. The Judge requires JY to testify that he understands the legal ramifications, so that it is not an appeal-able issue.

It doesn't mean both sides agree on the relevance of the evidence, just that it is what it purports to be. Usually done for records (like the HT records in the Cooper case) or bills, etc. Because otherwise, you'd have to get someone in from American Express to testify to how those records were collected, etc.

If anyone has any interest, apparently Jeff Ashton (pros from CA trial) will be on TTV this afternoon discussing the JY trial, among other things. I assume he'll be on with Vinnie sometime between 1-3, since "In Session" goes off the air at 3pm--a decision that continues to baffle me...

Vinnie also jumps over to HLN after IS, so perhaps it could be aired there.

Taken from JTF's post in the previous thread:

Looks like the trial is winding down.

Witnesses left to testify (from last trial)

1- Thomas Riha, Hush Puppies shoes
2- Jason Fitzgerald - friend of jay
3- Michael Schilawski, Family Law attorney
4- Sgt. Richard Coleman Spivey, WCSO lead

Possible additions?

1- WD attorney for LF
2- Fiona - attorney and friend of MY that drew will and discussed life insurance
3- Witness to introduce the video of JLY's prior testimony
4- Lady from TC Hospital (Jay popped in Friday PM)

The defense witnesses were all in 1 day....then JLY

Are they not even going to get into the insurance?

Spivey may be introducing jly video from first trial???
He could be recalled later.

I will be shocked if they end with him today.

Vinnie also jumps over to HLN after IS, so perhaps it could be aired there.

That's where I emailed him, HLN. I told him to check out JLY photos entering the HI at approx. 11:00 and exiting again at approx. midnight in different clothes, and he did exactly that on his afternoon show that day.

If they introduce last trial's testimony, I hope they do a better job than the prosecution did in BC for his deposition. It would be a much more effective use of time and evidence to take each piece of contradicting testimony and play snippets to disprove it. Much better than playing the thing in its entirety.

Jumping right into the gas purchases......may be to show the details of how much gas he had, ect. BIG reasonable doubt in first trial

If anyone has any interest, apparently Jeff Ashton (pros from CA trial) will be on TTV this afternoon discussing the JY trial, among other things. I assume he'll be on with Vinnie sometime between 1-3, since "In Session" goes off the air at 3pm--a decision that continues to baffle me...

I have interest but I don't have cable. If someone watches could they pretty please report back?? Curious to know Ashton's take on the case. Thanks!

That's where I emailed him, HLN. I told him to check out JLY photos entering the HI at approx. 11:00 and exiting again at approx. midnight in different clothes, and he did exactly that on his afternoon show that day.

I also told Vinnie he needed to get Mike Brooks to better 'check his facts'. That the clump of hair was Michelle's own hair, not some unknown perp hair. Vinnie seemed to get the grasp of the case much better. :waitasec:

I have a feeling they're saving some witnesses for their rebuttal case.

Perhaps the witness PT claimed was flying in today was the TR from HP shoes. Perhaps Spivey will testify to this info instead and that was why we had the stipulation before the jury came in. JMO

Good...appears this will be testimony on gas only.
Collins made a huge deal last trial and they need to address this carefully...show he could have made it to King NC w/o running out of gas

I have interest but I don't have cable. If someone watches could they pretty please report back?? Curious to know Ashton's take on the case. Thanks!

Ashton's son was convicted to drunk driving last week, Ashton defended him.

I have a feeling they're saving some witnesses for their rebuttal case.

A rebuttal case can only introduce new evidence to rebut anything in the Defense case. It's a big risk waiting, because the defense may not bring up a point to contradict a witness that was never called.

Perhaps the witness PT claimed was flying in today was the TR from HP shoes. Perhaps Spivey will testify to this info instead and that was why we had the stipulation before the jury came in. JMO

The stipulations were credit card records and receipts, GJ.
Appears this testimony will cover the details of gas ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95