State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-21-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I gather it was the Hush Puppy man that flew in for testimony today. Good to see you, Otto. Hope you are doing well.

Same to you ... did you see any glaring differences in evidence between what we've heard during testimony and Jason's testimony?

I don't know what to make of the missing video footage, but it's missing Jason coming down the stairs when he supposedly unplugged a camera, during breakfast, when he left the hotel ... anything else?

Nope, no major discrepancies ......even where he parked makes sense because we since learned there were 50 guests........

I actually thought at one time, we might see an impeachment or hostile witness, but everything is going as planned.

Trauma searches on his computer could not be dated to a specific time either, and the print on the camera is STILL unidentified !! :eek:

There is no explanation as to why Jason is not seen leaving the hotel that am, no matter how he left...........
stairwell camera was fixed, hallway camera was working..........I would actually think he would make a point of going to the front desk and being seen, or making conversation with a guest, or doing something specifically to be noticed than am.

That is EXACTLY where he needs or wants to be noticed, as a normal guest checking out, drinking coffee or chatting.

Where he does not need to be noticed or cause a scene, is at King, NC yelling at a store clerk., but supposedly does it anyway..

::shrugs::

I wondered if the person that was flying in was from the hospital that Jason visited in Brevard ... so the prosecution may demonstrate that he didn't speak with the person he supposedly spoke with ... something like that ... but, in my opinion, that proves he may have fibbed on his expense reports. I see that as minor. Have you noticed any glaring contradictions yet?

The person who was flying in was the Hush Puppies exec from earlier today. The judge confirmed with HC that Spivey is their final witness.

I wondered if the person that was flying in was from the hospital that Jason visited in Brevard ... so the prosecution may demonstrate that he didn't speak with the person he supposedly spoke with ... something like that ... but, in my opinion, that proves he may have fibbed on his expense reports. I see that as minor. Have you noticed any glaring contradictions yet?

The person flying in was the HP expert he testified this morning. Testified that only 195 pairs of size 12 HP brown Orbital shoes were ever made in the world. Also believed the picture shown to him of JY's shoes worn at Cracker Barrel looked like Orbital HP.

Wonder if it would be too simple to ask, "Why Jason didn't pick up the Ebay copies when he did the mapquest printout of his business trip?"

Just an idea.
fran

Wonder if it would be too simple to ask, "Why Jason didn't pick up the Ebay copies when he did the mapquest printout of his business trip?"

Just an idea.
fran

Exactly and weren't the mapquest directions printed out after the ebay papers?

The person who was flying in was the Hush Puppies exec from earlier today. The judge confirmed with HC that Spivey is their final witness.

Spivey will try to attack Jasons testimony then...

So, they are not calling some of the people from the first trial, like

Tiki Ingrams, the mgr at the gas station or Jennifer Sproles, the

medical director from his app't in Clintwood?

Hmm. Interesting.

Now, to anyone who watched JY's testimony today, compare, I believe around photo 8-9 or so in the below sequence, MF's demeanor during trial when she was asked about MY's murdered body and JY's mention today of IF he saw MY's murder scene photos and the clothing she wore that fateful night/morning.

Now watch his testimony part of when he came across the alleged accident and the alleged accident victim.

:(
fran

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/image_gallery/10695856/

Photos from Jason Young Murder Retrial

Grit Guy, if you are still around....

Could Gracie have come to Raleigh and been asked to pick Jason out of a 5 man lineup at the station, and could Jason have been made to appear for such?

Thank you.

At some point they could have had him do a line up. Not sure without research though of any due process implication of doing a line up with a witness who has been shown a picture of the suspect, as Gracie had.

At some point they could have had him do a line up. Not sure without research though of any due process implication of doing a line up with a witness who has been shown a picture of the suspect, as Gracie had.

I am sure LE wishes they had done at least a photo lineup of other individuals to see if she could pick out JY. I think doing it after the fact would be highly prejudicial.

Thank you, GG....

I had discounted her completely ages ago, but now I just learned that even the news carrier person ,
the 2nd possible witness she thought was there, called LE to say he never saw what she told them. WOW.
That was it for me..

Cash transaction, no video, no witnesses, shaky/ changing description throughout the years.....
Told no one at the store what happened,not the clerk coming in, not her boss, and did not fill out any kind
of incident or disturbance report from her shift.

jmo

Wow. I actually think you could get a hung jury by simply resting as soon as the Pros is done with the case-in-chief. No rebuttal. Move on to closing. This anticipatory gamble could backfire.

But when that picture was shown to Gracie..she had no clue why..except they were trying to find out where JY had maybe gotten gas. For all Gracie knew then..He might have been reported missing?? They never told her he was a suspect in any murder at that point..Gracie never saw jy murder anyone..

So maybe a lineup could have helped..especially if they found 5 or six other guys who looked similar in buid, hair color etc.. Besides she was only recounting her experiences with that person in the photo..nothing more..nothing less..JMO of course

I am sure LE wishes they had done at least a photo lineup of other individuals to see if she could pick out JY. I think doing it after the fact would be highly prejudicial.

You know that would have done it, that or a video.

There would be no defending Jason Young and for the past 5+ years he would have been just an other inmate......instead of taking 3 years for an arrest and being out on bond the last 8 months.

Thank you, GG....

I had discounted her completely ages ago, but now I just learned that even the news carrier person ,
the 2nd possible witness she thought was there, called to say he never saw what she told LE.
That was it for me..

Cash transaction, no video, no witnesses, shaky/ changing description throughout the years.....
Told no one at the store what happened,not the clerk coming in, not her boss, and did not fill out any kind
of incident or disturbance report from her shift.

jmo

unfortunately I didn't see the testimony of gracie and of course the defense hasn't called any witnesses yet to rebut. under the circumstances, having shown her the picture of JY (i think that's what happened) it seems to me would make a lineup using her as a witness worthless. i couldn't find anything immediately to say it would be ruled out on its face (just haven't found authority on point either way not much searching :-D), but practically it would seem to have little or no value.

I will repeat myself for the third or fourth time now. There better be some bombs dropped on his testimony tomorrow. I get it, the breakfast in the Hampton Inn is one, but after letting Jason Young "speak" to this jury also with the testimony that brought a hung jury last year...they better have this buttoned down and wrapped up with a nice bow.

How can the breakfast be a bomb ? Just because he was not caught on camera does not mean he was not there. Just like the camera did not catch him leaving in the AM. We know he left the motel and not ONE camera caught him exiting.

What are the odds that Gracie not only ID'd JY from a picture but also was able to accurately ID his vehicle (type and color) AND has a receipt that corroborated what happened that morning? And no one prompted her or told her why.

I didn't consider her the most important witness, but the reaction to her is so extreme that I am rethinking this. If there is this much heat around Mrs. Calhoun...then I guess she is more important than I thought.

Wow. I actually think you could get a hung jury by simply resting as soon as the Pros is done with the case-in-chief. No rebuttal. Move on to closing. This anticipatory gamble could backfire.

The defense's case, last time, was very brief but very effective, however, they won't have the shock element of Jason taking the stand this time, if he should.

Not that it should have been a surprise the first time......the state knows there is always that chance, no matter how small.

If I were to bet right now, after seeing Jason's testimony today, I say he will not testify again......

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member