State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-21-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL at "quinkidinks"... Not that this is even a real word, but it's actually coinkydinks (play on word "coincident"). Makes me laugh because there are so many words that we think we know based on how they sound but then you find out they are actually something different.

Case in point, my wife for years thought there was a word "bratyu" that meant "sponsored". When I asked her where that came from she said "you know at the end of a TV show, they say "bratyu by..." by running the words "brought to you by" together so quickly...

That's that that reminded me of...

/OT off

I'm just getting caught up and would like to thank all of you for the informative posts!!

Totally O/T.... OMG, OMG, OMG, iucpa!!!! I too used to think "bratyu" was a completely real word in and of itself!! Like your wife, I also thought it meant "sponsored by". I thought I was the only person in the world that thought this!!! Your post made me smith and laugh!!

ETA: ...SMILE and laugh...

*shakes head and says to self, "OK litig8r... Keep calm. Carry on.*

IMO, it doesn't matter. The defense, unless they can produce someone with the same rare shoes who made that print, can't overcome the testimony regarding the HPs. It's a smoking gun.

That would be a scene straight out of "12 Angry Men" if anyone else has seen that movie.

I have been wondering if these attorneys are the same and if it is the same judge as in the first trial. Can you help me out with that? tia

Judge Stephens is the same, Jason's attorneys, Mike Klinkosum and Bryan Collins are the same, Becky Holt is the same for the state, and the only new person is Howard Cummings replacing David Saaks, who is rumored to be taking the lead in the Kathy Taft case.

If you print the ebay papers before you leave on a business trip what was the purpose when you are going to be driving and talking to mama and MM. When was JY going to look at them? I just don't understand ... the purpose of printing the ebay papers was for one reason and one reason only.

Plus on a side note when he talk to MF around 9pm that nite why would he not mention it to her.

My gag reflex goes wild when he scrunches up his face, tries his best to appear earnest, and says, "Yes, sir... (insert rehearsed answer here)."

I think this is a bad decision by the PT to show this video. It lets him testify but not be subjected to any further questions. I think there's no doubt his testimony overall helped him, due in VERY LARGE part to BH's horrible cross... His words will potentially plant doubt in at least one juror's mind, and then the PT will rest and the DT can further solidify doubt. Not good.

That's my opinion as well. Now he doesn't have to testify again. So the only thing the prosecution can do is to try and point out the lies he told.

It's over.

How many of us on the fence are now sure of his guilt?

A show of hands...

*raises hand*

I so wish I could know what the jury is thinking, I'm now frightened of a hung jury, or he'll walk. I'm still overshadowed by a little trial in Florida, if you know what I mean.

If you print the ebay papers before you leave on a business trip what was the purpose when you are going to be driving and talking to mama and MM. When was JY going to look at them? I just don't understand ... the purpose of printing the ebay papers was for one reason and one reason only.

Plus on a side note when he talk to MF around 9pm that nite why would he not mention it to her.[/QUOT

Exactly! And it was an ebay auction for the coach purse and the auction would have already expired. It never made any sense.

I will repeat myself for the third or fourth time now. There better be some bombs dropped on his testimony tomorrow. I get it, the breakfast in the Hampton Inn is one, but after letting Jason Young "speak" to this jury also with the testimony that brought a hung jury last year...they better have this buttoned down and wrapped up with a nice bow.

That's my opinion as well. Now he doesn't have to testify again. So the only thing the prosecution can do is to try and point out the lies he told.
IMO, that won't be a problem. I should amend that to read: I hope it won't be a problem. Don't want to raise my hopes too high.

Several people in this thread have pointed out his lies already.

Showing someone lying and then immediately pointing out the lie is very effective, IMHO. If they do this using Spivey (and I think they might), the jury will find that there is nothing that JY said that is believable. And if they can't believe his version of events.... along with the other evidence...

I mean, how many lies are you going to give this guy a pass on? 5? 10? 20? 50? At what point do you think you cannot believe this dude?

It worked just fine in the Cooper trial, so I think it would be effective here too.

No parking to the left of the hotel, so he parked on the right???????????

Apparently, go, he likes to pump gas and park his car in the dark and as far away from the madding crowd as possible. Odd, isn't it??

JY is so full of _ _ _ _!! I guess that explains why he would love to discussion the different colors of his infant daughters poop!!

It's over.

How many of us on the fence are now sure of his guilt?

A show of hands...

*raises hand*

I so wish I could know what the jury is thinking, I'm now frightened of a hung jury, or he'll walk. I'm still overshadowed by a little trial in Florida, if you know what I mean.

I'm still proudly on the fence.

I will repeat myself for the third or fourth time now. There better be some bombs dropped on his testimony tomorrow. I get it, the breakfast in the Hampton Inn is one, but after letting Jason Young "speak" to this jury also with the testimony that brought a hung jury last year...they better have this buttoned down and wrapped up with a nice bow.

Just remember, the defense still has a turn.!

Did investigators find any proof of this accident he supposedly 'helped' with?

I tend to think he did see this accident. He mentioned it in his e-mail to CG.

http://www.wral.com/asset/specialre...5/Sept._12_2006_email_to_Genevieve_Cargol.PDF

He said this, and the accident with MY, changed his life. However, they didn't appear to make him honor his marriage more or try to work on improving it. Usually events like this would make you be thankful for the love and relationships you already have, IMO. Instead, he looks up a work e-mail for his ex-fiance and pours his heart out. I just wonder if the accident gave him an idea; he knew he could stay calm around a severe head injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj