State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-23-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a look back to trial 1 DT witnesses: we had: Mama, step dad, sister, brother-in law
Brian Ambrose ( who did mention "genitalia tricks" under cross) Josh D, Demetriis B.,Terry Tiller, and Cindy B
So in this trial Josh D and Terry T have already testified for PT so now except for Cindy B,Brian A. and Demetrius B , all the other DT witnesses were family. I doubt there are any old friends after all this ready and willing to testify for JY, the slayer. IMO

I just heard a few mins ago on InSession that after the Pros last witness is done the jurors will get to "see all the evidence up close themselves" .... Did that happen last time? Or I wonder if it's even true...I don't hold much weight to anything I hear on TV.

It's true. They call it the "evidence buffet." I believe it happens because in NC the jurors cannot take evidence into the jury room with them. It can only be viewed in the courtroom in the presence of the judge/defendant/attorneys. Someone with a legal background can probably do much better at explaining this.

I just heard a few mins ago on InSession that after the Pros last witness is done the jurors will get to "see all the evidence up close themselves" .... Did that happen last time? Or I wonder if it's even true...I don't hold much weight to anything I hear on TV.

Not InSession...Im sorry it was HLN Special Report started at 5pm.

I do not know if they did this in the last trial. I know for a fact they did in the BC trial.

If all his friends knew that he never smoked a cigar, wouldn't his family also know that ... and if his family also knew that, shouldn't they have known from the time that he testified that he was lying about why he walked out the west entrance of the hotel at midnight ... and if they knew he was lying about why he left the hotel ... shouldn't they have some serious doubts about his innocence?

Who says they don't have serious doubts? I wouldn't expect them to say it publicly.

LOL, Gracie, I was just about to post that southern trial attorneys should make an effort to pronounce "your" as "yor" rather than "yur" to avoid that!

I wish that Northern speakers would stop using subjective pronouns in the place of objective pronouns because they think it makes them sound more intelligent.

Ex: John gave the gift to she and I a day early as a surprise. WRONG.

Ex: John gave the gift to her and me a day early as a surprise. CORRECT.

Everyone's always jumping on Southern slang, but just to be clear, there is Northern slang as well.

I've been following this case and the discussion here a long time. Despite reading the posts today about Fiona Childs's testimony and being prepared to hear her utter the words "di*k tricks" I was no where near prepared to hear HC utter them. I started laughing which sent me into a coughing fit (recovering from the flu) and thought I was going to pass out!

Can Josh & Terry come back & testify for the defense?

Using the CA trial as my frame of reference GA, CA, and LA, testified for both PT and DT. In this case I do not know why DT would want to call them back. They both IMO were very damaging to the DT

I thought Jason also said that he started smoking cigars while working at Black & Decker(or whatever company he said was his 2nd job out of college)

He could have mainly smoked at work functions so that would explain why his friends never saw him smoking.

That is exactly what he testified to........:)

He would have to IMO be an experienced smoker or an arsonist to light in 30mph winds. Before today I had no real reason to doubt the cigar story. I know I could light under these circumstances, but I smoke cigars out on the the golf course/boat in windy conditions (my friends will testify to this). And years ago when I smoked cigs I got to a point where I could light in near hurricane conditions.

Arsonist it is then!

<modsnip>

Yes, Boodles -- He'll get guys to fight, and just look on, :chicken: apparently, but he'll sure fight with a "girl," won't he? I mean, she's just a dumb ol' girl, right? She won't stop belly-aching at me. I can beat her....... and man-oh-man, he did.
icon8.gif

I wish that Northern speakers would stop using subjective pronouns in the place of objective pronouns because they think it makes them sound more intelligent.

Ex: John gave the gift to she and I a day early as a surprise. WRONG.

Ex: John gave the gift to her and me a day early as a surprise. CORRECT.

Everyone's always jumping on Southern slang, but just to be clear, there is Northern slang as well.

yes! to is a preposition so we need objective case . 34 years teaching English and now happily retired following trials. Note to HC retirement can be a good thing :)

In reality there is so little work or social places restaurants etc. that one can smoke a cigar. Even in NC smoking has been banned in public restaurants, etc. and cigar smoke is just not acceptable.

If he were with his buddies on the golf course, outside in a bar it would be easy to have witness to this. JY's word on this - not going to accept that.

I thought Jason also said that he started smoking cigars while working at Black & Decker(or whatever company he said was his 2nd job out of college)

He could have mainly smoked at work functions so that would explain why his friends never saw him smoking.

This just seems odd to me. Anyone who is serious enough to step outside in conditions like they described to smoke a cigar (which takes a long time to smoke) would have at some point smoked in front of friends. It just doesn't make sense that he never, ever, would have done that.

Anyone think the DT will not put on a case and just take the advantage of speaking last in closing arguments???

Not me........they still have a lot to work with, imo.

The size 10 shoeprints, cars leaving the home.......

I also hope they can somehow get in the fact that Jason has never tried to flee, not before or the arrest or while out on bail.

He also complied with the court ordered NTO and those photos, without a single scratch, are worth more than a million cigars.....
:)

This just seems odd to me. Anyone who is serious enough to step outside in conditions like they described to smoke a cigar (which takes a long time to smoke) would have at some point smoked in front of friends. It just doesn't make sense that he never, ever, would have done that.

Never say never.
I have little doubt he tried to puff one in 2000 (6 years before) in the presence of a B&D work bud.
He was s**t faced and probably turned 5 shades of green.

For one thing, we don't even know how big the cigar was, he also said he went through almost half a pack of matches.

Is this the only thing the Pros could find in his entire testimony ?

So then DT should have no problem putting a witness on from B & D who smoked with him. They didn't first trial.

Yeah, my point was mainly with my previous comment that since he started smoking in a work-related setting that his friends might not have known that he smoked at all.

And IF he DID smoke an occasional cigar, then he LIED on his insurance application.

The POINT is my friends, Jason is a LIAR and cannot be trusted for telling the truth!:eek:

How many times does this guy have to be shown to have told a lie, before the jury gets that you canNOT trust ONE word he says? PERIOD!

"I didn't kill my wife."

Nope!

NOT buyin' it. If his mouth moves, he's :liar: 'ing!

JMHO
of course,
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics