State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-23-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW

Talk about ending on a positive note!
Can't wait to hear the grand finale witness.

Not looking good for Jay. :D

:crossfingers: .. :crossfingers: .. :crossfingers: .. :crossfingers: .. :crossfingers:

Please, please, please.

So then DT should have no problem putting a witness on from B & D who smoked with him. They didn't first trial.

Maybe they will....
I am sure at some function, a bachelor party, or celebrating the birth of someone's child, they will come up with something.

For one thing, we don't even know how big the cigar was, he also said he went through almost half a pack of matches.

Is this the only thing the Pros could find in his entire testimony ?

"For one thing, we don't even know how big the cigar was" -- before you added the rest I thought to myself, uh, yeah, LOTS of people know 'how big' the cigar was thanks to Jason's immature tricks.

In reality there is so little work or social places restaurants etc. that one can smoke a cigar. Even in NC smoking has been banned in public restaurants, etc. and cigar smoke is just not acceptable.

If he were with his buddies on the golf course, outside in a bar it would be easy to have witness to this. JY's word on this - not going to accept that.

JY smoking or not smoking a cigar on the night in question means exactly what? His wife was not murdered between 11pm and midnight in Hillsville VA. There is no reason useful (in terms of innocence) to JY one way or the other to lie or not about the cigar issue.

He could have just as well said that he just went out for a walk. Exactly for what reason that he was out in the parking lot smoking or not smoking makes no sense to the overall theory of the crime.

In short, whether JY "actually" smoked a cigar in the parking lot or not, on the night in question, makes him no more or less guilty. This case does not stand or fall on JY having a smoke in the HI parking lot....JMHO

Maybe they will....
I am sure at some function, a bachelor party, or celebrating the birth of someone's child, they will come up with something.

Something?...To celebrate the planned demise of his wife :confused:

Never say never.
I have little doubt he tried to puff one in 2000 (6 years before) in the presence of a B&D work bud.
He was s**t faced and probably turned 5 shades of green.

No, I think perhaps I was unclear in what I was trying to say. My husband is an occasional smoker and, in spite of that, anyone who knows him has seen him smoke cigarettes or a cigar at some point or another. I was trying to say that it spoke to Jason Young's lack of credibility. For him to claim that he went out in 30mph winds to smoke ANYTHING suggests a serious smoker. The fact that his friend never saw him smoke a cigar at all confirms to me that he wasn't out there smoking one that night. Am I making sense? I've been living off girl scout cookies all day so, I might not be.

And, Cammy, I don't think this is the big deal for the PT necessarily but it is a big deal for me from the perspective that if he lied about smoking the cigar then he was off doing something else. And, what was he doing that would make him lie about something like that, etc.

"For one thing, we don't even know how big the cigar was" -- before you added the rest I thought to myself, uh, yeah, LOTS of people know 'how big' the cigar was thanks to Jason's immature tricks.

..............:)

Since ya'll are so interested in cigars, (I don't think it's really an issue in this trial though), they, in my experience, are something men do as a "big deal ceremonial" type thing. It's planned in advance, they prepare in a ritualistic way by cutting, rolling it around, licking it, and then lighting it up. This is normally paired with a beverage (as Jason actually said, except WATER?, IDK). Then they puff away...for a L-O-N-G time, like an hour.

It's just not something you go and do as a "quickie" thing, like a cigarette, in a doorway, in the wind, in the cold. No, the circumstances do not meet the cigar-smoking environment criteria, IMO.

But I think he may have smoked a cigar at some point in that decade. If the "guys" did it, he would join in.

ETA: and now after describing that, I have to go barf.

... And in other news...

every defendant in the country is now trying to have their case transferred to the state of AL to be heard by Judge Tommy Nail.

bbm

Seems not an appropriate name, to me!! Sheesh. What does it take?
icon8.gif

JY smoking or not smoking a cigar on the night in question means exactly what? His wife was not murdered between 11pm and midnight in Hillsville VA. There is no reason useful (in terms of innocence) to JY one way or the other to lie or not about the cigar issue.

He could have just as well said that he just went out for a walk. Exactly for what reason that he was out in the parking lot smoking or not smoking makes no sense to the overall theory of the crime.

In short, whether JY "actually" smoked a cigar in the parking lot or not, on the night in question, makes him no more or less guilty. This case does not stand or fall on JY having a smoke in the HI parking lot....JMHO

:goodpost:

I think the state wanted so hard to impeach him.

OT Where is the HLN "A" team, aka Karas and Politan? They're both missing today and yesterday...

The cigar question busts his alibi, folks.

Huge

Jay is done....stick a fork in.

Do you think the jury will do it this time? I still am afraid to think that it could happen. I'm so invested in this, and I tend to be so cynical. And it's not over, unless the DT rests w/o presenting anything so they get the last word.

What do you think, Fax, about what the jurors will do -- I know it's before the DT gets up there.... but you seem very positive-thinking right now...

ETA: Thanks.

Since ya'll are so interested in cigars, (I don't think it's really an issue in this trial though), they, in my experience, are something men do as a "big deal ceremonial" type thing. It's planned in advance, they prepare in a ritualistic way by cutting, rolling it around, licking it, and then lighting it up. This is normally paired with a beverage (as Jason actually said, except WATER?, IDK). Then they puff away...for a L-O-N-G time, like an hour.

It's just not something you go and do as a "quickie" thing, like a cigarette, in a doorway, in the wind, in the cold. No, the circumstances do not meet the cigar-smoking environment criteria, IMO.

But I think he may have smoked a cigar at some point in that decade. If the "guys" did it, he would join in.

ETA: and now after describing that, I have to go barf.

It would depend on what type of cigar too.
There are a million things he could have said he was going outside for.
Why would he choose a cigar?

The newspaper he asked for = True
The twig he said he used= True
The bush in reachable distance= True

The gloves in the video=Not true.

Do you think the jury will do it this time? I still am afraid to think that it could happen. I'm so invested in this, and I tend to be so cynical. And it's not over, unless the DT rests w/o presenting anything so they get the last word.

What do you think, Fax, about what the jurors will do -- I know it's before the DT gets up there.... but you seem very positive-thinking right now...

ETA: Thanks.

Very positive, indeed!

Having said that, you never know what a jury will do.
Based on my scan of the faces and body language, they seem to be a good cross section of "ordinary folks".
Soooo, such a mix should favor the state (no obvious prison brides or idiots that could not connect the dots).

bbm

Seems not an appropriate name, to me!! Sheesh. What does it take?
icon8.gif

I agree, I didn't follow that case closely, but I remember it.
I can't believe the Judge dismissed the case / dropped charges.

:(

Which they could have manufactured while he was out on bail in case such an occasion arose??

Hmmmm, 'cita. Bothersome.

Can't you just see him smokin' a big one with his striped dark shirt (you know, the one mama bought him for CY's birthday....) and his Phantoms on his size 12 chicken feet??

JTF,

Great he lied. Why did he lie, what purpose did the lie serve, and how did that lie help his claims of innocence?

People, even sociopaths like JY, lie for a variety of self-serving reasons. In this case what was JY's reason to lie about this issue??? What does he gain by lying??

It would depend on what type of cigar too.
There are a million things he could have said he was going outside for.
Why would he choose a cigar?

The newspaper he asked for = True
The twig he said he used= True
The bush in reachable distance= True

The gloves in the video=Not true.

He should have said that he wanted to walk for a bit to stretch his legs after the long drive, but he didn't need a newspaper for that ... but maybe he did smoke a cigar - although it does seem odd for a nonsmoker to smoke a cigar at midnight by himself.

He should have said that he wanted to walk for a bit to stretch his legs after the long drive, but he didn't need a newspaper for that ... but maybe he did smoke a cigar - although it does seem odd for a nonsmoker to smoke a cigar at midnight by himself.

Jason also had bottle(s) of water, so, I really don't know.

Maybe he was overtired, just wanted to unwind before going to sleep.

Maybe once he got outside, it was more windy than he had expected.

I was looking at the video from when he walked into the hotel, and his
hair is not messed up at all from the wind.

But, I do think the defense will be more than ready when it's their turn.

Those Size 10 shoeprints are not going to go away.:wink:

They are going to cause a few Jurors doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste