State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-23-2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Fiona to say that MY repeatedly brought it up because she was concerned that the amount was excessive. I thought Fiona said she did not give her an opinion but instead gave her examples of what her coverage was, etc. She did say when they spoke about the cost, MY told her she got a good rate due to her CPA membership association being where she was obtaining the insurance.

I also heard the testimony to later be that it was JY that increased the coverage, not that MY is who increased it to $2MM.Did I hear that incorrectly? Was it MY that increased the coverage?
I could be wrong but, Michelle would have to be the person to increase the amount of life insurance since it was through her organization and she would have to be the person who originally took out the insurance. Maybe someone with more knowledge could correct me.

Madeleine,

Excellent post. Maybe this is where I'm confused. The camera un-plugged @ 11:20PM covered the exit doors. The camera tilted @ 6:35 AM was a different camera?? I thought it was the same camera that had been un-plugged earlier??

The same camera in both instances. I recall testimony being that it was found to be unplugged while the night auditor was on his rounds for the night delivering the express check out forms and USA today papers. He said he starts that at around 3:30 and it takes him about an hour. It was at that time that he noticed the rock in the door and then when going to remove it, he noticed the camera was unplugged. He told Elmer (maintenance guy) about it when he arrived for his shift at 5:00am. Shortly after that Elmer went around to check, plugged it back in, then little over 30 minutes later (6:35 or so) they noticed it was filming the ceiling instead of where it should be faced so Elmer went and pushed it back into place.

It was the same camera both times.

IMO and my recollection of the testimony.

I could be wrong but, Michelle would have to be the person to increase the amount of life insurance since it was through her organization and she would have to be the person who originally took out the insurance. Maybe someone with more knowledge could correct me.

Listen to the testimony from the insurance rep. He was on the stand after Fiona.

He talks about this and it is in his testimony that it is discussed the amount being increased.

IMO

No, but I will ask and find out. I'm curious about that myself.

He does have 2 supporters up here. When I described them before, JTF knew who I was talking about. One of them is a Chapman. JTF will have to help me out on this one.

Interesting note: My coworker said that JY had a lot more than the 2 affairs during his marriage that we have heard about during trial. According to him, most were one night stands when he was out of town.

Hence the ready supply of condoms. Certainly no surprise about the one night stands. Poor Michelle, had she known the 'quantity & quality', she should have been tested regularly for STD's. :(

No, but I will ask and find out. I'm curious about that myself.

He does have 2 supporters up here. When I described them before, JTF knew who I was talking about. One of them is a Chapman. JTF will have to help me out on this one.

Interesting note: My coworker said that JY had a lot more than the 2 affairs during his marriage that we have heard about during trial. According to him, most were one night stands when he was out of town.

Yes, only 2 friends standing.
Brent C and Coates K

Madeleine,

Excellent post. Maybe this is where I'm confused. The camera un-plugged @ 11:20PM covered the exit doors. The camera tilted @ 6:35 AM was a different camera?? I thought it was the same camera that had been un-plugged earlier??

Camera unplugged at 11:20pm and camera tilted later at 6:35am is the same camera--and that is the one covering the west exit stairway where the emergency exit door is.

It was a different camera that captured his walk down the hall from the front desk at midnight toward that west exit.

Do they ask that of every single witness or just the expert/professional witnesses and LE? I'm trying to remember if it was asked of every witness today and I can't remember them asking that of Josh. I could have just missed it.

Since she was testifying to the legal information pertaining to JY and MY, including wills, she would have been ask..

Tarheel: I wasn't trying to jump on anybody, or any group of people, really! I wouldn't call the pronunciation of "your" as "yer" slang, I'd call it a particular accent. When BH said that word next to "analysis" without good enunciation the result may have distracted some of the jury and they may have missed what she said next. BH could avoid this with either better enunciation or by altering the pronunciation. I often alter my native accent if I think it will help me be better understood by the group I'm speaking to or be less distracting. People often can't tell what part of the country I'm from.

I'm with you on the usage of objective pronouns, although I'd call using "I" where "me" is proper just plain poor grammar, not slang. I've heard that particular grammatical error committed by people from all corners of the country, not just the north. I think of slang more as non-standard vocabulary rather than grammar, e.g "groovy" in the 60's or "phat" more recently.

Perhaps we can get together on proper usage of gerunds. :)

I would love to, but I'm afraid the rest of the board might fall asleep on us. :)

There wasn't any offense taken on my part; I was just making an observation.

Sorry if you felt like I was offended. Friends? :whiteflag:

Listen to the testimony from the insurance rep. He was on the stand after Fiona.

He talks about this and it is in his testimony that it is discussed the amount being increased.

IMO
Can someone link me to just this info? I hate to have to listen to his whole testimony. TIA

Since she was testifying to the legal information pertaining to JY and MY, including wills, she would have been ask..

Hmm, I suppose that could be considered. I viewed her testimony to mainly be a friend testifying that, due to her profession, offered free advice and legal help to a friend. Not necessarily was hired by MY in her professional capacity.

Splitting hairs I suppose but to me she was not on the stand as an attorney professional appearance. IMO

I prefer to look at TESTIMONY about ACTUAL gas mileage, not epa averages.
Cammy posted a mapquest link saying the drive was 3 hours.
Turns out, testimony from LE stated it was 2 hours and 25 minutes.

<mod snip>

Mapquest assumes you drive the posted speed limit. v=d/t so at 164 miles from 5108 Birchleaf to Hillsville, VA you would average 54.06 mph. We have to believe JY averaged 66.5 mph to make in in 2 hours and 25 minutes OR 12.44 mph OVER the speed limit.

I have a hard time getting past the following items required to believe JY did the murder himself.

1) I don't believe he would have risked stopping for gas, much less stealing gas in King, NC. He would have filled up once he arrived in Hillsville.

2) I don't believe he would risk speeding (by an average of 12.4 mph) after committing murder.

I would love to, but I'm afraid the rest of the board might fall asleep on us. :)

There wasn't any offense taken on my part; I was just making an observation.

Sorry if you felt like I was offended. Friends? :whiteflag:

Friends :)

Fiona was an attorney (practicing attorney) at the time she worked on the estate and wills for MY in 2003. That's in testimony from today. She was also a friend who shared with MY what she and her then-husband did in terms of their own life insurance amounts.

What she does for a living today, 5.5 yrs after the murder I don't know and I'm not sure it matters.

If JY knew what a bubbler was, I'm sure he would've given a lot of bubbler rides during his school days.

Gracielee, perhaps we are from the same area of the midwest since we both drink from bubblers! My poor kids have probably gotten looks from friends and teachers since we've moved across the country a few times but I still use the term bubbler!

LOL. Just another example of how varied our speach and names for items changes in different areas of the country and in different countries.

Hmm, I suppose that could be considered. I viewed her testimony to mainly be a friend testifying that, due to her profession, offered free advice and legal help to a friend. Not necessarily was hired by MY in her professional capacity.

Splitting hairs I suppose but to me she was not on the stand as an attorney professional appearance. IMO

We will have to agree to disagree. The state ask her who she was employed with at the time this will was discussed. That is inferring she was still employed as a attorney. NO mention she no longer practiced law. MOO

Fiona was an attorney (practicing attorney) at the time she worked on the estate and wills for MY in 2003. That's in testimony from today. She was also a friend who shared with MY what she and her then-husband did in terms of their own life insurance amounts.

What she does for a living today, 5.5 yrs after the murder I don't know and I'm not sure it matters.

And to the degree it matters (can't see how it does) she maintains a current license as well. :waitasec:

IMO

I think there may be some confusion here. JY signed to have the premiums withdrawn from the joint account. In fact it would require both signatures since it is a joint account.

With all my policies I have, I am the only one that can increase, decrease, or cancel the policy.

Thank you! Somehow JLY & Transylvania always seemed a bit *creepy*, ya know? I never knew Translyvania translated to 'across the woods'. Hardly seems scary at all, 'eh? Unless of course Dracula lives in the woods. :floorlaugh:

Do you know what county Asheville is in? Just curious. And thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Did not know about Vanderbilt and the forestry school either. :seeya:

Asheville is in Buncombe County.

And to the degree it matters (can't see how it does) she maintains a current license as well. :waitasec:

Well, there goes the theory that she wasn't asked because it had been forfeited.

Thanks for taking the time to look it up. (I'm guessing that is what you did in order to say she still maintains a current license).

I won't post such a long thing in this thread, but if you care to read here is my argument for Michelle, who deserves not to be forgotten and who deserves justice, long delayed though it is.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7631587#post7631587

Oh, my, gritguy -- I am an English major, so I have read a lot of stuff. Shakespeare, Vonnegut, Whitman, Dr. Seuss, Plath, you name it. I am usually reading something "light" and something "serious" at the same time. In other words, I read lots.

What you wrote is one of the finest pieces I have had the opportunity to read in a long, long time. Beautifully and tastefully done, but you were raw and hard in the places needed.

Pure eloquence for a woman who should never be forgotten. Her pleasure in her daughter; her pain in her living with a cruel monster who sought only to tear her spirit down each day. Her pain when she realized that the man whom she married and tried so hard to love was going to kill her and the son they created together. Before she lost the only life she had, she thought about the pure love her daughter was, now to be left with him. And she could do nothing but relinquish the last of her lifeblood and breath to a sick-hearted killing monster who surely admired his treachery and his handiwork before he left the house to which he would never return. He was done. He was free.

The PT needs to read what you wrote, gritguy. Really, they do.

Thank you, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member