State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-23-2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The witness Fiona Childs was asked at 14:00 minutes, in your law practice what were you doing in your law practice at that time. She said she worked with a firm that did construction law and such. The question and testimony were paraphrased but the words in italics are exact. Both the question and the answer referred to her work in the past tense. Hearing that she worked for a firm would leave me to believe she no longer does work with that particular firm, at least, other opinions may vary of course.

I think there may be some confusion here. JY signed to have the premiums withdrawn from the joint account. In fact it would require both signatures since it is a joint account.

With all my policies I have, I am the only one that can increase, decrease, or cancel the policy.

BBM If you are talking about the checking account that's not correct. Our insurance is deducted from our joint account and I never signed for it. In addition I have accounts (netflix ect,)that are withdrawn from our joint and my DH never signed.

I think there may be some confusion here. JY signed to have the premiums withdrawn from the joint account. In fact it would require both signatures since it is a joint account.

With all my policies I have, I am the only one that can increase, decrease, or cancel the policy.

Was MY's signature also on that same form that authorized the premium and policy amount?

BBM - I have joint checking accounts and it only takes one signature to have funds set up for auto w/d for paying bills. I have most of my bills set up that way and not once has my DH had to sign any form.

I'm not sure why yours would require two just because it is a joint account.

I just went back and reviewed the beginning of her testimony. The state or defense always ask the witness,"can you tell us if your employed" or "can you tell the jury where you are employed". No, this question was not ask and so the jurors are left with the impression, she is still practicing law. I would like to know why she is a cosmetologist.. Did she loose her law license? Quite a drop in status for someone who likes to be, "fashionably late".

Thank you for that ... I was fixated on trying to figure out what was different about her face (from other people), why she was dressed as she was, why she acted so coy ... it seemed so strange for a lawyer. It makes sense for a cosmetologist.

Well, there goes the theory that she wasn't asked because it had been forfeited.

Thanks for taking the time to look it up. (I'm guessing that is what you did in order to say she still maintains a current license).

yep anyone can look it up (i think). i take it she is keeping up with CLE training and the bar indicates no discipline against her on the short record it shows.

Same with me.

The witness Fiona Childs was asked at 14:00 minutes, in your law practice what were you doing in your law practice at that time. She said she worked with a firm that did construction law and such. The question and testimony were paraphrased but the words in italics are exact. Both the question and the answer referred to her work in the past tense. Hearing that she worked for a firm would leave me to believe she no longer does work with that particular firm, at least, other opinions may vary of course.

She has 3 young children.
I imagine she has taken time off from practicing law.

She is sure a talker.... and a credible witness.

BBM If you are talking about the checking account that's not correct. Our insurance is deducted from our joint account and I never signed for it. In addition I have accounts (netflix ect,)that are withdrawn from our joint and my DH never signed.

You are very lucky :). Sometimes I feel like I am signing my life away if not at least having to initial everything :giggle:

I *so* wished the camera had captured the judge's face when Fiona testified to JY's "d*ck tricks." Talk about a missed moment. I can just imagine the thought bubble above his head upon hearing that.

Our insurance policies are through my DH's work and I can change them online. In fact I'm the one who renews the policies every year.

Our insurance policies are through my DH's work and I can change them online. In fact I'm the one who renews the policies every year.
Can you also change the amount of life insurance on either of you in person or on line?

Hi all, just chiming in about this chilling case. I live literally 5 minutes from King, NC and have driven those drives (here to Raleigh, here to the Hillsville area) many times. My head swirled at the footage of JY paying the cashier at the Cracker Barrel on I-40 in Greensboro since I know where that is! The times/distances are spot-on. I do have a question --- has he been charged with 2 counts of 1st degree murder because of the fetus? Ashamed to admit I don't know if my fair state does count the unborn as a victim. Am thinking about going over to Raleigh to watch the trial (and Beth Karas, I hope!) in person next week. Best to all!

Mapquest assumes you drive the posted speed limit. v=d/t so at 164 miles from 5108 Birchleaf to Hillsville, VA you would average 54.06 mph. We have to believe JY averaged 66.5 mph to make in in 2 hours and 25 minutes OR 12.44 mph OVER the speed limit.

I have a hard time getting past the following items required to believe JY did the murder himself.

1) I don't believe he would have risked stopping for gas, much less stealing gas in King, NC. He would have filled up once he arrived in Hillsville.

2) I don't believe he would risk speeding (by an average of 12.4 mph) after committing murder.

<modsnip> the entire I-40 leg (140 miles) is 65 MPH

<modsnip>

She has 3 young children.
I imagine she has taken time off from practicing law.

She is sure a talker.... and a credible witness.

She's certainly a better looking lawyer than I am.

I have no opinion on whether she had any assistance in that area, but I will say plenty of lawyers do that. In this profession, it seems the men manage to look the most absurd in that category, IMO.

As to her testimony, it seems straightforward for what it is. I don't see any indication of her lying, as has been the case with some witnesses.

The one thing missing is JY hitting on her; since she was within a five mile radius of him several times, I'm surprised he didn't.

Hi UCA,

No, he is charged with one count of first degree murder.

The fetal homicide law that would allow someone to be charged wasn't in effect at the time of MY's murder.

I'd change banks in a heartbeat if every bill I tried to pay or set up for auto pay required a form to be signed by both of us. That would drive me nuts. Unless an account is set up to require 2 signatures, I don't see how what is being described would be required.

IMO

Hi all, just chiming in about this chilling case. I live literally 5 minutes from King, NC and have driven those drives (here to Raleigh, here to the Hillsville area) many times. My head swirled at the footage of JY paying the cashier at the Cracker Barrel on I-40 in Greensboro since I know where that is! The times/distances are spot-on. I do have a question --- has he been charged with 2 counts of 1st degree murder because of the fetus? Ashamed to admit I don't know if my fair state does count the unborn as a victim. Am thinking about going over to Raleigh to watch the trial (and Beth Karas, I hope!) in person next week. Best to all!

He is charged here with the murder of Michelle. Some comments and a link to the new law on unborn babies/fetuses in the legal thread; that law was passed after JY murdered his wife.

Can ou also change the beneficiary on your life ins. policy that is through his company?

Not sure about the beneficiary because I've never done that but I have changed the amount. We have separate login names and passwords so I'm assuming they would know which one of us did it.

I would like to know why she is a cosmetologist.. Did she loose her law license? Quite a drop in status for someone who likes to be, "fashionably late".

<modsnip>
Fiona is not a cosmetologist....she is a lawyer in good standing with the NC Bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Renayz23