State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-23-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like he lied to a friend about it. He lied about it on the stand during his trial for murder of his wife. Unless he was doing something worse than murdering his wife there was no reason to lie under oath. I think the cigar lie is a pretty big deal.

If he lied about murdering his wife, why does it surprise anyone that he would lie about smoking a cigar? That comes as no surprise to me. JMO

JLY's behavior to MY was one of hatred. To tell her to just get over her miscarriage....to be so insensitive about her issues of sex...to talk about how cool it was to see her organs during childbirth..disrespectful to her in so many ways. I think a normal person would not want to even look at the uterus and organs being cleaned after childbirth...he is disgusting.

bcbm
ITA with you Lori, your post couldn't be more RIGHT ON !! :star: :yourock:

That is high. Around my neck of the woods PI cases are 33% standard.

Here in FL, PI case fees are 33.3%, IF it settles without litigation. If it goes to trial, fees jump to 40%.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least that jason deleted that phone call before michelle heard it. Giving him a reason to fight, berate, yell at michelle yet again.

bbm

That's what I thought then (1st trial) and that's what I think now, glee. Let MY fidget and wonder how she's gonna get there. Just more plain meanness from him for no other reason than to be just plain cruel. He heard it, erased it and smiled. Childish meanness, pure & simple.
icon8.gif

JY smoking or not smoking a cigar on the night in question means exactly what? His wife was not murdered between 11pm and midnight in Hillsville VA. There is no reason useful (in terms of innocence) to JY one way or the other to lie or not about the cigar issue.

He could have just as well said that he just went out for a walk. Exactly for what reason that he was out in the parking lot smoking or not smoking makes no sense to the overall theory of the crime.

In short, whether JY "actually" smoked a cigar in the parking lot or not, on the night in question, makes him no more or less guilty. This case does not stand or fall on JY having a smoke in the HI parking lot....JMHO

Isn't the reason (excuse) he went out the door, propped it open with the twig (rock) and did not use his key to get back in his room a very big part of this case?? He claimed he went out and did all of that because of the cigar. PT is claiming otherwise.

Yes, it is a part of the case. PT needs every piece to fit into every other piece of the seemingly lucky (unlucky) part of the overall picture.

Sure - pull it out but there are many other pieces of this puzzle that do still seem to fit all the puzzle pieces together.

You contend he came back inside. What time was that? Where is the proof of the time he came back in? There's no key card read, no video of it, a rock was in the door and still there up until 5:50am when it was found and taken out. So exactly what TIME did he come back in to the hotel? Think it doesn't matter? Oh but it does. Prove that he came back inside before 6:30am to pick up his hotel invoice.

What nefarious deed?

How about getting into his SUV, driving back to RAL, murdering his wife, and then driving back to the HI, arriving by 6:30am, just in time to come in and push the camera up to the ceiling. Would you consider that nefarious? If not, why not?

You might say "no proof." To which I answer, 2 witnesses: 1 in King, NC and another who saw him and/or his SUV (or an SUV like his) at his house. HP shoe prints in his size, in a style he had, in the victims blood.

The camera was reported unplugged @ 11:20 PM. He was seen on video @ 11:58 PM in the hotel lobby. Why mention going outside at all after 11:58 if he already unplugged the camera, since there would be no video evidence to show otherwise?

Why tilt the camera back up when your already back in the hotel, to cover up doing what??

How does he get from Raleigh to Hillsville to Raleigh to King on 22.5 gallons of gas???

How does he get to his final destination in VA with just 7 gallons of gas that he allegedly bought in King???

How does he track his size 12's HP's around the crime scene if he's wearing size 10's to cover his tracks?? Does he go back out to his car to get them, or does he have them under his arm while killing his wife???

It was the holes in the PT case that resulted in a hung jury the last time. Have they now plugged all the holes??

Talina,

MY was not murdered in the parking lot of the Hotel. It is irrelevant to the theory of the crime what JY was actually doing in the parking lot. He was there, he went outside, he came back inside. Unless the PT can connect that act of going outside for an alleged puff; to his actually meeting an accomplice or perhaps going to the Hillsville General Store to buy a pair of size 10 shoes, then it's just a dot that does not connect to anything else.

I understand that it may be important to you, but how does it connect JY in any way to his wife's brutal murder??

Let's assume he lied about smoking, to cover what nefarious deed??? And how is that nefarious deed, related to the murder of MY???

If the answer is nothing, because we have no earthly idea what he did or why, then whether he smoked or not is simply not an issue to JY's ultimate guilt or innocence.

There's certainly an abundance of CE pointing to JY's guilt, but having a cigar or not in a Hillsville hotel parking lot is not among them.

Maybe he was testing the door with the twig, saw that it wouldn't work, caught it at the last second before it latched and decided to use the rock.

But I agree not everything he did ties back to the murder -- just most of what he did, does.
icon10.gif

Of course there is. I'm from the midwest originally, and get ribbed on my accent a lot. Even after all these years, people who meet me know immediately 'you're not from around these parts.' :floorlaugh:

< going to get myself a drink from the bubbler now'. :seeya:

If JY knew what a bubbler was, I'm sure he would've given a lot of bubbler rides during his school days.

Gracielee, perhaps we are from the same area of the midwest since we both drink from bubblers! My poor kids have probably gotten looks from friends and teachers since we've moved across the country a few times but I still use the term bubbler!

Maybe he was testing the door with the twig, saw that it wouldn't work, caught it at the last second before it latched and decided to use the rock.

But I agree not everything he did ties back to the murder -- just most of what he did, does.
icon10.gif

For sure it doesn't all tie back. It's not difficult though to find the pieces that do if a person is inclined to open their mind to the possibility that he is guilty of this crime.

If a person is convinced that without physical evidence they are not going to consider any of the circumstantial evidence, then not anything he did will point them in the direction of his guilt and there will be an attempt to explain away every coincidence of activity that night that does point to his guilt or at the very least a shadow of suspicion.

IMO

The camera was unplugged at 11:20pm covering that emergency exit. It wasn't reported unplugged until the next morning at around 5am. It was fixed at 5:50am, same time the rock in the door was found and kicked aside.

He was SEEN on another video camera walking towards that exit. He was wearing different clothes. He had to account for his actions at midnight because HE WAS ON VIDEO walking toward the exit.

Why move the camera coming back in at 6:35am? Because he's not supposed to be anywhere but in his room. The camera was repositioned by the time he got back and had he not moved it, that camera would have showed him walking up the stairs. He was behind the camera upon entering the stairway and pushed it up. That camera was moved...no one is saying it wasn't. Now who didn't want to be seen AGAIN using that very staircase coming in at 6:35am?

22.5 gallons of gas and his vehicle got an average of 20.5 mpg highway. That's 462 mi range.

Raleigh to Hillsville 170 mi
Hillsville to Raleigh 170 mi
Raleigh to King, NC 120 mi

That's 460 miles.

He didn't get to his final destination in VA without 1 more stop for gas somewhere (paying cash).

How did JY HP shoes prints in size 12 Orbital get in the victim's blood at all? JY SAID those shoes were given to Goodwill. Think JY might lie about that? He owned 1 pair of 195 pairs made in the world in size 12 orbitals in color brown. Those shoes were on his feet when he was at the Cracker Barrel. There is video of his feet showing the shoes and the rounded toe on that model shoe. He did and does lie. Busted.

If JY knew what a bubbler was, I'm sure he would've given a lot of bubbler rides during his school days.

Gracielee, perhaps we are from the same area of the midwest since we both drink from bubblers! My poor kids have probably gotten looks from friends and teachers since we've moved across the country a few times but I still use the term bubbler!

We are originally from Wisconsin, the Milwaukee area. I'd never heard it referred to any other way than 'bubbler'. :floorlaugh:

Excuse me, could you direct me to the nearest bubbler?

:floorlaugh:

I remember years and years ago, when one of the stores here first began to carry bratwurst. Before then, people would either ship it down to us frozen, or haul it on airplanes or in coolers in their cars. So I go into the store and ask the butcher, 'is it fresh?' ( my meaning was 'is it fresh or smoked?') To which butcher replies OF COURSE IT'S FRESH, IT JUST CAME IN THIS MORNING! And then he grumbled something under his breath about 'selling grits in the northeast.' For some reason, some people mistake me as being from the N.E. :waitasec:

Hahaha!! You may have a point.

I think another reason Gojo is mad at the world is because he is one of those people who was born with a moderate amount of intelligence, but he has no common sense and absolutely no sense of decorum whatsoever.

Gojo's posts over the years conveyed that he thought he was so much smarter than and superior to the average poster, yet in reality, he has made himself look ignorant and quite the dumbass.

By now, Gojo has to know that JY is guilty, but his pride will never let him admit that he has been so wrong for the last 5+ years.

One thing that has really stuck out to me over the last few months after seeing Gojo's daughter is that all the demeaning jokes that Gojo and his cronies made about MF could be applied to his daughter along with a few ugly as hell jokes thrown in as well.

If I were Gojo, I don't think I would have been making cruel remarks concerning what someone else's daughter looked like when his spawn is just about as unattractive (inside and outside) as one can get.

I also think about Gojo's daughter sticking by JY all these years. Having had so much revealed about JY during the 1st trial and the current trial about his attitude towards women and his history of using women to suit his own purposes, I believe Gojo's daughter is just another woman sucked in by JY's charm.

Under normal circumstances, JY wouldn't give this woman the time of day and probably would have (and has) made derogatory remarks about her behind her back. She chose the wrong guy to stand by because 1) He is guilty, and 2) There is no doubt in my mind that he never would have done the same for her.

Who is gojo? I've heard this before, and always wondered?

:werk:are you guys getting off topic down here???

eta: this lands at random

<modsnip>. Based on gas usage in Jay's own Explorer, in flat terrain, the MPG is 20.3.

Have no idea what other figures you posted, <modsnip>.

Well if you have no idea what I posted, why don't you look at the the link. It's from the US Government EPA estimates for a 2004 Ford Explorer.

Was the trip from Raleigh to Hillsville back and forth all flat terrain? I'm not spinning anything, but merely pointing out the holes that need to be plugged
by the PT this time if they actually want a conviction.

I mean it's OK if you think there are no holes in any part of the PT case, but the prior jury begs to differ with you, as do I.

I think that JY is guilty, but what I think is irrelevant. What a jury thinks is important. The PT needs to fill the holes, and the camera's, trip-times, gas, and shoes is where they lost last time, IMHO. Have they now filled those holes???

Well if you have no idea what I posted, why don't you look at the the link. It's from the US Government EPA estimates for a 2004 Ford Explorer.

Was the trip from Raleigh to Hillsville back and forth all flat terrain? I'm not spinning anything, but merely pointing out the holes that need to be plugged
by the PT this time if they actually want a conviction.

I mean it's OK if you think there are no holes in any part of the PT case, but the prior jury begs to differ with you, as do I.

I think that JY is guilty, but what I think is irrelevant. What a jury thinks is important. The PT needs to fill the holes, and the camera's, trip-times, gas, and shoes is where they lost last time, IMHO. Have they now filled those holes???

I prefer to look at TESTIMONY about ACTUAL gas mileage, not epa averages.
Cammy posted a mapquest link saying the drive was 3 hours.
Turns out, testimony from LE stated it was 2 hours and 25 minutes.

<mod snip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member