State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-24-2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would a ban be put on blood spatter evidence? Ban on any other evidence in NC?

Because of the investigation into that department and the ban put in place by the state AG. It was a pretty big deal in the news and resulted in new legislation regarding evidence, etc.

I'm just not sure if it was all resolved and settled yet. The last I read, legislation was still pending and the temp ban on this type of testimony was still in place.

That is why I was asking any local NC attorneys if they knew of any updates on this area.

IMO

The last witness was the custody lawyer for the Fishers. Jury is now viewing evidence.

I don't know what was gained by introducing custody information in a murder trial, but I guess it's one of facts pertaining to Jason.

Having the lawyer on the stand detailing some of the custody information to me was very important.

It reinforced to me that JY was in NO WAY going to be examined, cross examined, poked or prodded by anyone not a lawyer, not a psychiatrist, not LE and you can include the garbage man

....so to this end he was willing to walk away from the custody of his only living child.

And in addition he HATED Mrs. F and wanted to limit the time she was allowed in his home - yet it is probably Mrs. F who likely has great responsibility along with MF for his ONLY LIVING child.

Pretty compelling statement by JY that JY cared for JY and had only his best interests at heart - he the single remaining parent of CY couldn't undergo any type of examination mind, body or heart.

Money proved not to be the issue.

As well they should in my opinion, but there is no way to date when the hand-print occurred. Was it during the commission of the crime, or was it earlier when JY was help MY treat some injury?
Well, I think we both find it highly unlikely that JY would help MY do anything, much less treat her injury; but the fact is how and when the print got there isn't conclusive, based on expert testimony in Court, which is the only thing I care about, because it's the only evidence the jury has.

I just wanted to make sure I had not missed testimony in Court wrt the print, so that fact and opinion is straight in my own head.

IMO

I don't need an expert to explain what to me is common sense. If there is a print already on a wall and then a crime occurs in which blood is spraying out and onto that wall and it manages to NOT get on the existing print, but it does hit areas near and/or around where that print is located, it's because the print is blocked by something. What could block that exact print in size and area? Well it could be the perps finger / hand. Or I suppose it could be a cutout of a hand / finger in the exact size and dimension and placed on the wall before blood spatter.

I'm going to use my common sense to help guide me.

Bent over with hand on wall at 16", hitting victim on floor with enough force to send spatter on the walls at approximately 16" level (surrounding)....how then did he not get blood on his pants? Or did he? Just wondering.

IMO
If he was beating her with something...a bat, perhaps, then I think it's possible.

The day care worker testified that MY picked CY up on the evening of the 2nd and that it was later than they normally picked her up (it was after 6pm).

I'd say, to me, that proves she was not at home during the afternoon while JY was doing his yard work.

IMO
It would me to if you are someone could provide me a time stamp and link to that testimony. I am not going to review a complete testimony to verify your correctness. It still remains MOO.

Okay, so he said "missed". That could also have been stated as "left behind" or "not collected". Unless he is saying that he has 75 new items of evidence, I wouldn't interpret it as such. Instead, I understand it in the same way that I would understand that investigators collected 300 items of evidence ... that some of the collections are actual evidence and some of the collections are not relevant.

A tooth from Michelle was "missed" or "left behind" by investigators, so we know that indeed some of the evidence collected after investigators released the scene was indeed "missed". We also know that investigators photographed the bathroom, but had to return because relevant information (scale value) was "missed". Cigarette butts outside the residence were collected after the fact. Investigators may have decided that the butts were not relevant, but maybe they are relevant and they were "missed".

Or could just as easily have been planted *after* LE released the scene back to the young family.

Still viewing evidence and asking questions per In Session twitter...

I don't need an expert to explain what to me is common sense. If there is a print already on a wall and then a crime occurs in which blood is spraying out and onto that wall and it manages to NOT get on the existing print, but it does hit areas near and/or around where that print is located, it's because the print is blocked by something. What could block that exact print in size and area? Well it could be the perps finger / hand. Or I suppose it could be a cutout of a hand / finger in the exact size and dimension and placed on the wall before blood spatter.

I'm going to use my common sense to help guide me.

BBM

With respect...

OK. Fair enough. I only care about testimony in Court; not my personal interpretation of common sense.

IMO

So, PT wraps up today and Defense picks up on Monday and expects their case to last 4 days. Home stretch.

Whew, I was scared the defense had rested.

4 days, huh !!

Wow, this should be good.:biggrin:

Bent over with hand on wall at 16", hitting victim on floor with enough force to send spatter on the walls at approximately 16" level (surrounding)....how then did he not get blood on his pants? Or did he? Just wondering.

IMO

Well, you would need to know which blows produced splatter... and what position Michelle was in at that time.

He might have had blood on his pants... I don't believe they were found.

Having the lawyer on the stand detailing some of the custody information to me was very important.

It reinforced to me that JY was in NO WAY going to be examined, cross examined, poked or prodded by anyone not a lawyer, not a psychiatrist, not LE and you can include the garbage man

....so to this end he was willing to walk away from the custody of his only living child.

And in addition he HATED Mrs. F and wanted to limit the time she was allowed in her home - yet it is probably Mrs. F who likely has great responsibility along with MF for his ONLY LIVING child.

Pretty compelling statement by JY that JY cared for JY and had only his best interests at heart - he the single remaining parent of CY couldn't undergo any type of examination mind, body or heart.

Money proved not to be the issue.

And ... that's exactly what his lawyer advised him to do ... not answer any questions related to he murder. Since the custody lawyer intended to ask questions about the murder, Jason was backed into a corner.

BBM

With respect...
OK. Fair enough. I only care about testimony in Court; not personal interpretation of common sense.

IMO

Isn't common sense used, though, to interpret those facts and evidence introduced into a trial?

At some point time, common sense and logic comes into play when the evidence is being analyzed and deliberated.

At least I would hope so.

IMO

Okay, so he said "missed". That could also have been stated as "left behind" or "not collected". Unless he is saying that he has 75 new items of evidence, I wouldn't interpret it as such. Instead, I understand it in the same way that I would understand that investigators collected 300 items of evidence ... that some of the collections are actual evidence and some of the collections are not relevant.

A tooth from Michelle was "missed" or "left behind" by investigators, so we know that indeed some of the evidence collected after investigators released the scene was indeed "missed". We also know that investigators photographed the bathroom, but had to return because relevant information (scale value) was "missed". Cigarette butts outside the residence were collected after the fact. Investigators may have decided that the butts were not relevant, but maybe they are relevant and they were "missed".

Right, missed has a clear meaning. He claimed to have 75 bags of evidence missed. If you can read his website blurb on this case and not think that he is stating LE "missed or ignored" 75 items of evidence that he found, then that is a much better way to determine his meaning than anything I can say.

The pants JY had on in the check in video were never found. So it's not just that pullover sweater and HP orbital shoes that were missing. Those pants were gone too. My common sense tells me he got blood on all items he was wearing (or reasonably thought he did).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor