State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-24-2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really doubt that it was going to be all that simple. With custody, it may start with an interim agreement for scheduled visitation, but it usually doesn't take long for an application to be made to modify that agreement ... the psych eval is usually the first tactic. The party that wants custody will take notes at every visit, documenting everything that can be interpretted as detrimental to the child. For example, a scrape on the knee can be interpretted as negligent parenting. If it was all that simple, custody wouldn't be such an expensive, protracted, antagonistic process.

In the long run - yes but in the short term - it was visitation and he JY set it up for the full blown custody because he would not agree in writing to a visitation schedule.

Do we know for a fact Dr. Maurice Godwin is going to testify, GG?

I wish I could see the defense witness list.

I don't know.

JY's lawyers, IMO, have shown themselves to be talented, clever and intelligent. I will be very interested to see what they do come with.

That's the big question, IMO. If I heard correctly, the defense plans more testimony this time around.

He won that first round, and I wouldn't have thought that would happen.

You guys may be right, and we'll know soon.

If he does not take the stand, there will surely be discussion on the PT's decision to play the tape.

BC didn't take the stand, and I think that case was weaker than this one (just MO, and every jury is different), so his team made the right call last time.

Would the main reason this time be the fear the PT is better prepared for c-x? If not that, wouldn't they think he could help himself again, as he did the first time? Or do they think the PT did them a favor playing the tape?

:waitasec:
My feeling is that he is so cocky and sure of himself that he has to want to take the stand again. I personally think its a mistake but I think he might really believe he can appeal to the women on this jury if he speaks.

Good point. And when Jason thinks he's backed into a corner, he's never failed to put himself above anyone else.

This is what is strange to so many parents I guess, that he would protect himself above keeping his daughter. It is a real window into the kind of person he is, just in my opinion.

I think that part of the objective in the custody application was to back him into a corner so as to push the criminal investigation forward with new information. It didn't work ... instead, he gave up custody. Brad Cooper made the other choice, and everything he said while fighting for custody was used against him. What would most people do in that situation ... even innocent people? Jason knew from the moment the murder was discovered that he was a suspect and that never changed. We've seen enough evidence now to know that even evidence pointing away from Jason did not prevent investigators from pursuing charges against Jason. Everything he said in a custody examination for discovery would have been interpretted in such a way that it implied guilt.

I don't know.

JY's lawyers, IMO, have shown themselves to be talented, clever and intelligent. I will be very interested to see what they do come with.

With that...tells me Dr Godwins "hair" and "75 bags of missed evidence" will not come in :D

I think that part of the objective in the custody application was to back him into a corner so as to push the criminal investigation forward with new information. It didn't work ... instead, he gave up custody. Brad Cooper made the other choice, and everything he said while fighting for custody was used against him. What would most people do in that situation ... even innocent people? Jason knew from the moment the murder was discovered that he was a suspect and that never changed. We've seen enough evidence now to know that even evidence pointing away from Jason did not prevent investigators from pursuing charges against Jason. Everything he said in a custody examination for discovery would have been interpretted in such a way that it implied guilt.

I think you could be correct in that. Our opinions differ on what most people might do under those circumstances, but your point of the danger of the testimony I certainly agree with.

The SBI analyst involved in the Young case was Duane Deaver, who was fired because he fabricated blood spatter evidence in other cases.

In this case, there's never been a photo to back up the claim on the search warrant so I think it is safe to assume it is simple more pure fiction invented to help his LE buddies by Deaver.

JMO

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/02/21/1003842/doubt-spatters-old-cases.html

"In Wake County, prosecutors will have to figure out what to do about Deaver's bloodstain pattern analysis in the 2006 death of Michelle Young, a pregnant woman whose husband, Jason Young, is expected to be tried for her killing in May.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/02/21/1003842/doubt-spatters-old-cases.html#storylink=cpy"

MyBelle..:seeya:

Yes, I remember this link very well.

Thank you for posting!!

Do we know for a fact Dr. Maurice Godwin is going to testify, GG?

I wish I could see the defense witness list.

It should be:
Pat (mom)
Gerald( stepdad)
Heather( sister)
maybe, maybe Kimberly? (sister)

Demetrius Barrett (friend)

Cindy Beaver ( very, very, very credible eye witness who saw a car at 5:30 am)
She lived on the street for 21 years and had to go by the Young home
every am on her way to work (28 years employment at the post office)
Did not involve herself in the case in any way
Coworkers were discussing it, and she then told her boss,
and he called LE for her.

Maybe they have some experts of their own.

Maybe even Gracie's boss,Tiki Ingrams, a Pros witness,
she contradicted Gracie's shift
last time from being 12-8, instead of 11-7.....
not that it's a big thing.

Don't know who else.

The defense made a request last week for Godwin to be heard and the Judge denied the request ... pending further evidence ... so the Judge may reverse that decision.

Hi everyone :seeya:

Quick update of the morning pretty plsssssss.... :please:

Isn't common sense used, though, to interpret those facts and evidence introduced into a trial?

At some point time, common sense and logic comes into play when the evidence is being analyzed and deliberated.

At least I would hope so.

IMO
I don't know. I should hope not, because what constitutes common sense is open to personal interpretation via our life experience. Not exactly reliable. I personally put it up there with the fallacy argumentum ad populum.

IMO

ETA: I don't want to derail the flow of the thread, but I didn't want to ignore the question put to me.

Sorry, guys.

*back to current testimony*

I don't know.

A winning trifecta would be shoes, shirt, cigar........:biggrin:

Did I hear correctly on HLN that court is out for the day and the defense will start on Monday? If true, seems a waste to blow off an entire afternoon.

I agree. My doubts come in when analyzing each piece of CE separately. Altogether, the evidence tells the story that JY did this. I just hope we have a jury that looks at the preponderance of the evidence and doesn't try to prove or discount piece by piece. IMO, the PT closing statements will either sew it up or not. The PT is really going to have to connect the dots so the jury doesn't get led around by red herrings. I wonder if JY will testify again. I'll bet he does and the prosecution will be ready this go round.

I'm not so sure ... if we include the unknown prints, uncertain testimony from the gas attendant, custody circumstances, etc, does all of that conclusively imply that Jason is guilty?

Hi everyone :seeya:

Quick update of the morning pretty plsssssss.... :please:

I just got here too, but looks like the state ended with the child
custody attorney, the jurors are looking at evidence, and the
defense will need 4 days to present their side this time.

Did I hear correctly on HLN that court is out for the day and the defense will start on Monday? If true, seems a waste to blow off an entire afternoon.

I thought the Jurors were going to take the afternoon to look at the evidence in the courtroom.

??

I just got here too, but looks like the state ended with the child
custody attorney, the jurors are looking at evidence, and the
defense will need 4 days to present their side this time.

Thanks Cammy. So no more live feed today. That's cool ---- following the Hemy Neuman trial.

In the long run - yes but in the short term - it was visitation and he JY set it up for the full blown custody because he would not agree in writing to a visitation schedule.

What I'm saying is that I believe the interim agreement was only step one in the process. That is the normal first step in custody applications. Jason did not agree with all of the requests made by the Fisher's lawyer in the first interim agreement. It's common that the first proposal is not automatically agreed to ... it's a back and forth process while everyone has their say ... and a compromise is usually settled on by both parties. The bulk of the custody application was most likely yet to come ... and it did. I don't believe that the Fisher's were going to stop the custody application after their proposed visitation was agreed to ... but maybe they would. I think that one of the primary objectives was to force Jason to discuss the criminal investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dalton2020