State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-27-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the insurance money?
Can't have it both ways..........

To me, it sounded like he was thinking about CY and how he would take care of them and where they would live.

Not a chance - he was thinking about HIS future and his alone. If he got the money better yet.

I'm thinking PY's testimony was almost as bad as MM in that at no time did I get a sense that either were ever expressing any emotions of grief over the murder of this beautiful woman.

What about the insurance money?
Can't have it both ways..........

To me, it sounded like he was thinking about CY and how he would take care of them and where they would live.

There was no 'where they would live' he gave CY to his sister immediately! She would be a great mother to CY. Geez!!

I thought he was G after the first trial, still in that camp somewhat, but that sentiment has nothing to do with my post.

I was trying to clarify something about the prints. Do I have to believe he is NG to question the perceived integrity of certain evidence?

Ok just had a thought... What if he didn't kill her and the person who did had the Franklin shoes on, they got full of blood and that person went into the closet put on a pair of shoes (hp size 12). And perhaps JY just never realized that they were still in his closet, thought MY gave them away to Goodwill. I just know that Franklin shoes are mostly sold at Dollar General Stores, $10.00 shoes IMO I don't believe JY owned a pair of those or could have got his foot in them, cheap shoes usually run smaller in size, so the size 10, prolly more like a 9.5.

I'm thinking PY's testimony was almost as bad as MM in that at no time did I get a sense that either were ever expressing any emotions of grief over the murder of this beautiful woman.

Almost seemed to me both of these women were mad at MY for having the gall to get murdered and mess up JY's life. IYKWIM

What I learned today

- The JY family didn't know why MY died, at least for several hours and up to the next day, but they knew they needed to get Jason lawyered up, even though they thought it was "natural causes." Ohhkay.

These are points that all stood out today. Point one was a little confusing, I admit (usually I am not so wishy washy, esp in this case). It sure sounded like different versions of very important points. When did they know it was a homicide? They seem to be looking for sympathy because law enforcement was blunt. "We couldn't understand why they wanted us to come back so fast." Really? As if they are the real victims in this case.

- JY was concerned he wouldn't be able to keep the house. Why would that concern him on the day his wife is murdered?
Why would mom even recount this? In a bizarro world where Jason Young was not guilty as charged, the house would not be an issue. Insurance would cover it. Was she trying to imply Jason didn't know that he'd just boosted their coverage to $4 freaking million? And who in their right mind worries about the house within hours of learning their spouse's death?

- JY's mom said he needed comfy shoes. He said he needed dress shoes for the funeral. Which is it?
Well, someone is lying. After this traumatic experience, his mother would remember that he needed "comfortable" shoes?

After all of these curious statements today, I come back again to three things that speak loudly: the lack of empathy or kind words Mrs. Young has to say about Michelle; her description of their marriage and Jason in particular being 180 degrees of what his own friends testified; and that her recollection of the phone call with the Fishers is ripe for rebuttal by Meredith and Linda Fisher if, as appeared to me, she was being untruthful. Guess that will come out starting tomorrow. Prosecution needs to gently but firmly demonstrate Mrs. Young's testimony.

That's twice now he mentions his house.

1. In the car with his momma

2. At MF's house when he tells Linda Fisher, "I'm going to take a hit on the house."

Also we now know JY lied about having a lawyer. He told Linda Fisher, "My lawyer says I can't talk to anyone, not even you..." that's right before he makes his comment about taking a hit on the house. However, according to testimony, JY didn't have a lawyer until Monday, 2 or 3 days later.

Ok just had a thought... What if he didn't kill her and the person who did had the Franklin shoes on, they got full of blood and that person went into the closet put on a pair of shoes (hp size 12). And perhaps JY just never realized that they were still in his closet, thought MY gave them away to Goodwill. I just know that Franklin shoes are mostly sold at Dollar General Stores, $10.00 shoes IMO I don't believe JY owned a pair of those or could have got his foot in them, cheap shoes usually run smaller in size, so the size 10, prolly more like a 9.5.

Possible, not probable. Meanwhile someone is moving the camera and propping the doors at his hotel and the murderer also cleans up his daughter. There are just too many assumptions you would have to make to make it all coincidences. IMO

Who knows, but he did have a $4M policy and was in fact still worried about the house - that is undisputed.

Now wait a minute, I believe you are giving JY far too much credit...I think he was very aware that 4 million would cover the house, but he certainly did not want to give that impression; like it even entered his poor grieving mind.

I understand the benefit of character witnesses, but I do agree with what several have said about showing pics of the happy family. It made me cringe a little in the first trial because I think the Youngs seem like nice people, but regardless of whether I was leaning G or NG I would sort of want to roll my eyes at mom showing happy pics of her son, the defendant in a murder trial.

JMO

I agree, this is a little over the top, there is sufficient testimony that paints this as a very unhappy marriage/couple.

Reality is people do not take photos when they are fighting and/or in an unhappy state, so this display is a tad bit too much.

<modsnip>

That has got to be the greatest question yet.

Why would a man who is going to collect $4 million dollars or whatever amount it was, be worried about losing a house?

He could have bought 100 new homes !!

Wow !!

I'm sure you're right. Good thinking...

Now wait a minute, I believe you are giving JY far too much credit...I think he was very aware that 4 million would cover the house, but he certainly did not want to give that impression; like it even entered his poor grieving mind.

RE: Worrying about the house.

I'll be honest, if something happened to my DH, I would be very concerned about how I am going to keep the roof over my children's heads as I am a SAHM - if my DH didn't have insurance.

JLY knew he had insurance and was still worried. WHY JLY? Didn't think they would catch you that easily did you? MOO

Yes, very suspicious isn't it. Here is a man who just 2 months before increased his wife's life insurance to $4M and yet he's worried about a house? Must the perception he's trying to create in those around him. Makes no sense, so therefore it's suspicious.

That has got to be the greatest question yet.

Why would a man who is going to collect $4 million dollars or whatever amount it was, be worried about losing a house?

He could have bought 100 new homes !!

Wow !!

I agree, this is a little over the top, there is sufficient testimony that paints this as a very unhappy marriage/couple.

Reality is people do not take photos when they are fighting and/or in an unhappy state, so this display is a tad bit too much.

Nickie, signed in as my husband Gil, my account is not activated yet.

Welcome, Nickie!!

:welcome:

There is a list of things that Pat Young gave to LE of items missing from the home,
I will post it later.

Also, Michelle's closet was ransacked too.
BBL

Nickie, signed in as my husband Gil, my account is not activated yet.

I agree and not only that they do not discuss all their problems and all their activities to their mother. And they certainly don't talk to mom about their sexual encounters. She might really believe they were happy. But, she seemed fake to me. But we all know moms will lie for their children. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans