State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-27-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or does PY just talk way too much? Way too much talking, way too many details...

People who lie have a tendency to add way too many facts and minutia to their testimony.

People keep saying that these witnesses seem scripted/rehearsed, but isn't that usually the case with court testimony? Especially with something as serious as a murder trial - aren't they usually prepped and at least go over and have some idea of what they will be asked before the time comes? That attorneys should never ask questions they don't already know the answer to, etc.

You are right, but the sweetness and light about a horrific murder is not normal in my mind. Nor would I find it amusing if I were a juror. JMO IMO MOO

People who lie have a tendency to add way too many facts and minutia to their testimony.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Isn't the DT aware of this? Why let her keep delivering these long narratives?

What I learned today

- The JY family didn't know why MY died, at least for several hours and up to the next day, but they knew they needed to get Jason lawyered up, even though they thought it was "natural causes." Ohhkay.

- JY was concerned he wouldn't be able to keep the house. Why would that concern him on the day his wife is murdered?

- JY's mom said he needed comfy shoes. He said he needed dress shoes for the funeral. Which is it?

- JY lied to his sister about his financial situation

- JY knows how to print out a legal form

- JY knows how to sign his name (and that's all he needed to do for a visitation schedule, btw)

- Gerald has a big 'ole humongous stash 'o guns

- a 'vacation' home is one you purchase 25 min away from your main home. :waitasec:

Character evidence is relevant in a murder trial. Or else about half the prosecution's witnesses were not relevant.

People keep saying that these witnesses seem scripted/rehearsed, but isn't that usually the case with court testimony? Especially with something as serious as a murder trial - aren't they usually prepped and at least go over and have some idea of what they will be asked before the time comes? That attorneys should never ask questions they don't already know the answer to, etc.

If her testimony was not consistent with last time, she would have been charged with perjury. So, no win situation for her.

Me either.

I promised I would come into this 2nd trial and if anything along the way would make me change my mind to Guilty, I wouldn't hesitant.

I have to admit..........

The Pros failed me again.......

I just want to email or get word to the PT to STEP IT UP!! TURN AND FACE. Do this, bring up this. Do something for pete's sakes. I know they have much more qualifications than I, the back seat prosecutor here, but goodness gracious.

The DT is trying to paint a picture… one that this jury has not viewed before.

You are right, Frank...

If you think about it all the witnesses form the first trial sound this way, because we heard them before.

Nope, not for me. In the NC trial, I believed when friends talked about her personality, being a mom, even hating BC. With JY's family, it is almost creepy and fake. They don't bring him to life, they try to recreate him...make his creepy ways funny, his feelings for MY real, his devotion to his daughter authentic, his hopes and dreams about his family his priority..I don't buy it.
But I do think witnesses are prepped... just not created.

Yes, it's normal to prepare a witness. But this is recitation of a script in minute detail. And it's spoken in a way that is like straining to recall memory. PY is trying to get in every detail they rehearsed to explain all the incriminating details. You can see her body language and listen to her speak - she's struggling to recall information that is not real memory, but implanted information. When someone recalls from memory, it flows and things will vary from telling the story one time to the next. This is consistent (watch last year's trial) and reeks of rote learning, not actual memory recall.

IMO!

Yes. He asked PY if he (Collins) had asked her to bring it to court, she said yes. Then he said he was going to present it to her. Judge cut off court for the day at that point.

Yes as well JY's lawyer stated something about LE finding a fingerprint on the shoe box which JY's Mother found in JY's closet when they were cleaning the house out.

JY's fake crying is about like my 7 year old nephew poking his lip out when he can't get his way!! IMO, MOO, he looks like a little scolded boy while his mother is up there!!! God bless MY!!

Me either.

I promised I would come into this 2nd trial and if anything along the way would make me change my mind to Guilty, I wouldn't hesitant.

I have to admit..........

The Pros failed me again.......

Well, I didn't see the first trial.... Been reading & watching everything I can on the case though... When I first started reading I thought he was NG.. I told myself I would watch this trial with an open mind & if the PT changed my mind then so be it.... But as you they have failed with me...

Color me confused... I don't understand what this shoe box is. Is this something new, or have I forgotten that much since the last trial?

Actions vs. Words

JY's actions showed his complete and utter disregard and downright hatred towards his wife and unborn children.

JY's family's words are scripted and ring false.

When it comes to actions vs. words, I pay attention to actions. That tells me the real truth.

JY never even purchased a headstone for the wife and unborn son he murdered. Linda Fisher had to do that. To me, JY is about as sincere and upstanding as Josh Powell.

On the way to Raleigh, JY brings up he won't be able to keep the house because he won't be able to afford it? WOW... if my husband was just brutally butchered in the house, that would be the last thing on my mind!

Looks to me like he'd have remembered the $2 - 4 million insurance policy on his wife. That would have certainly helped him afford the house. Weird.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Isn't the DT aware of this? Why let her keep delivering these long narratives?

They may very well be allowing herself to hang herself upon cross tomorrow. I am praying that's what's going to happen. Otherwise, both BH and HC need to retire the moment a NG or hung jury comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator