State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So was he invisible to keep it from capturing him?? LOL!! Im not being snarky or a SA.. Just not understanding how he was able to unplug a camera or tilt it up & it not capture him walking up to it...

Really good question, and one the Pros has not been able to answer.

Having been a frequent traveler, It just becomes a habit to grab that keycard when leaving the room. "Keycard? Check." It only took a time or two of getting locked out to learn that habit.

And if I was a man with pockets? Why on earth wouldn't I just grab the keycard?

This is just silly.

The only reason I would (and have) ever left a hotel room without the keycard is when I stay in a hotel where the keycard (when inserted into the slot on the wall) also acts as a breaker for the power in a room. Take out the card, cut the power. In a few cases in a room like this when I have left the room for a quick whatever (ice, get something from a coworker in a different room, quick trip to the front desk) and wanted to keep the power on, I have left the keycard in the power-on slot and used the bolt to hold the door open. Never was I gone for more than a few minutes though.

But it's not their job to present any other alternative theories. They aren't the ones out there investigating and interviewing witnesses and collecting crime scene evidence, and sending it off to testing at paid for state facilities. Their job is to keep the prosecution from proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, not showing that someone else is actually guilty.

Exactly, and in less than 2 days they have torn the state's case apart.

I think whoever posted 9-3 hung jury is right on the money.

I loved the PI guy, soft spoken and thorough.

I just can't get over the fact that there were 19K pages of stuff to work with, whole mountain ranges of circumstantial evidence to debunk, and this is what he's got? He's shown us that he couldn't lock himself out from...ah...inside the room, and he's replicated LE's experiment with the same results. 19,000 pages of footprints, newpaper carrier sightings, store video, shoe receipts, clothes both found and missing...and this is what he wound up with? A twig? He's shown how weak the defense actually is, IMO, with all this stuff. BH did very well.

ICAM. Not much of anything to bolster his defense. imo

ETA: Or explain the mountain of CE.

The defenses own witness just testified that if faced the stairwell... therefore you could have walked up behind it.

The problem with the camera is that it has only been shown that JY "could have" tampered with it, but it has never been proven that he DID tamper.

The pros has not been able to answer a lot of questions imo. I found their case underwhelming at best.
Overall I have to agree with this, but for me, there were compelling moments - enough so that I would vote guilty.

I think it's likely that JY did commit this murder. But I'm getting iffy about a guilty verdict. If it weren't for the Hushpuppies, I'd be so far on the other side of the fence. However, the HP testimony places me on top of the fence, considering all the what ifs involved in how many HPs with that sole were produced.

The Defense has done a fine job to this point. I do wonder who their witnesses are tomorrow.

Slayers defense is absolutely pathetic. I've been watching Klinko....he seems a bit stressed. I'd love to hear what the <mod snip> talk about tonight. Ways to get the golden boy out of the country??

He is so fried this time.....PT has risen to the occasion and I, for one, am absolutely on top of the world. :)

The pros has not been able to answer a lot of questions imo. I found their case underwhelming at best.

Got to wonder what Klinkosum has in store for tomorrow.:wink:

Cindy Beaver did it for me, she was the one witness I needed to come through and she did.

I think it was good the Jury also heard how they tried to get her to change her mind.

See ya later......

I want to go read GOLO, lol.

Great, great day !!

The problem with the camera is that it has only been shown that JY "could have" tampered with it, but it has never been proven that he DID tamper.

Unidentified print on it, as well.

Same camera, same stairwell, same hotel =messed with before.

Are we watching the same trial??????

All the PI testimony showed is how JY went through so much trouble to smoke a cigar in a cold windy night, which only focuses more on him and on things that normal people just would not do.

All he had to do was shut his room door (the normal way), go out side, smoke his cigar and swipe his card (the normal way) to come back in. the end.

The guy has more twisted stories than Dr. Seuss.

I think it's likely that JY did commit this murder. But I'm getting iffy about a guilty verdict. If it weren't for the Hushpuppies, I'd be so far on the other side of the fence. However, the HP testimony places me on top of the fence, considering all the what ifs involved in how many HPs with that sole were produced.

The Defense has done a fine job to this point. I do wonder who their witnesses are tomorrow.

Saving the best for last?

I am hoping they found the guy who was in the accident, Jason came upon.

Man, what a way to go out.

Re: Ms. Beaver's testimony. I did not watch the first trial. I don't really care what she said the first time around. I only care about what she said during this trial.

To me, she came off as rigidly fixated in "her story". She was bordering on anger and was clearly exasperated at having any aspect of her story questioned.
Also, the "getting mad" and "getting insulted" when being questioned by detectives working a MURDER investigation of one of her NEIGHBORS seems a bit disingenious to me. Their JOB is to question your memory, to ask the same question again and again. To ask for the same information a different way. To me, the reaction she described herself as having told me more about her than it did about the investigators.

Okay, so this is her story and she's sticking to it. She was going 20 miles an hour down this road on a very dark night. She has her high beams on and a car is sitting backed into a driveway - which puts the car at a 90 degree angle or thereabouts to her car, right? And that car also has its headlights on. Oh, and there were lights on in the house. And were there any lights on those driveway pillars?

I do NOT believe this witness could have seen into that car clearly enough or for long enough at that speed and with those light conditions to be observing "hair moving" or a ring on a finger. (Which, granted she said at this time she is unsure about the ring. But apparently at one point in the past she mentioned it to detectives as a bright, shiny wedding ring.) And "light from the dashboard inside the car"?

I also do not think this witness is deliberately providing false testimony. I think she has "bought into" her own story. And will tell it this way from now until next never.

I know. It's strange. But I've known people like this. Sat and listened to them tell a story that they truly believe, when I was there for the event and KNOW it didn't happen that way. Go figure!

I wouldn't say they have torn the State's case apart.

What they have done is knock down some of the easy targets the State (IMO) unecessarily emphasized: i.e. accident, cigar, door prop.

Why give the DT the opportunity to knock those holes in your case when you really don't (IMO) need to bring those issues?

Its not that the State's case hinges on those issues - it doesn't - its that the jury see the State as making unsubstantiated or unsupportable claims in pieces of their "story".

There is still the shoe print, CY's disposition, and the doll play testimony for the DT to address IMO. None of those have been torn apart.

This is certainly true, but since I believe the shoe print is extremely compelling evidence wrt to guilt, it's not a stretch for me to believe that Jason must have tampered with the camera, and very easily done too.

Thing is, if he is found guilty, I would not be surprised to hear a juror speak out and say, 'Well, we don't know exactly how Jason managed to do x,y or z... but the evidence of guilt was...' Woulnd't be the first time.

Like in the Porco case. IIRC, jurors couldn't figure out how Christopher managed to hack up his parents, yet have no blood in his vehicle, and I think there were a few other WTFs, but the evidence of guilt was overwhelming to them.

ETA: several came up with their own opinions as to how Christopher did several things that night, but they didn't base their guilty vote on that, IIRC.

Just IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member