State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's likely that JY did commit this murder. But I'm getting iffy about a guilty verdict. If it weren't for the Hushpuppies, I'd be so far on the other side of the fence. However, the HP testimony places me on top of the fence, considering all the what ifs involved in how many HPs with that sole were produced.

The Defense has done a fine job to this point. I do wonder who their witnesses are tomorrow.

BBM Even the lady who said the car was parked not parked on Birchleaf, it was on Enchanted Oaks Dr? I think both sides have had their screw-ups. The PT could have made their case a lot stronger by emphasizing the discrepancies by the DT witnesses. When PY testified that JY bought new shoes because he needed a casual comfortable pair, I thought HC would remind her of JY's testimony about the shoes.

But it's not their job to present any other alternative theories. They aren't the ones out there investigating and interviewing witnesses and collecting crime scene evidence, and sending it off to testing at paid for state facilities. Their job is to keep the prosecution from proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, not showing that someone else is actually guilty.

bbm, in my post I said "alternative".... (not theory)....

ita agree with you are saying.. maybe my wording was just not very good...

In other words I was trying to say that I see things tying in Jason and what the defense case has put on so far has not made me doubt my thoughts formed so far on that.

I wouldn't say they have torn the State's case apart.

What they have done is knock down some of the easy targets the State (IMO) unecessarily emphasized: i.e. accident, cigar, door prop.

Why give the DT the opportunity to knock those holes in your case when you really don't (IMO) need to bring those issues?

Its not that the State's case hinges on those issues - it doesn't - its that the jury see the State as making unsubstantiated or unsupportable claims in pieces of their "story".

There is still the shoe print, CY's disposition, and the doll play testimony for the DT to address IMO. None of those have been torn apart.

CY never said the other doll was "daddy".

How would finding the guy in the accident prove JY is innocent? It doesn't, and it has no bearing on this case.

The defense has not poked holes in the fact that JY wasn't seen by another human being from 12:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m., unless you count Gracie seeing him at 5:30 a.m. in a place he wasn't supposed to be at that time of the morning.

As a first time watcher of the trial, and one who hasn't read one iota of discovery or previous testimony, I firmly believe JY had the motive, the means & the opportunity to brutally beat Michelle & Rylan to death. Not one of their witnesses put on so far has created any reasonable doubt for me so far. Faye's testimony was laughable, the car she had witnessed was on an entirely different street! And IMO CB blew it by saying she'd withdraw her testimony if it didn't fit the picture the state was trying to paint. Her credibility with me was blown with that, and gave me the impression she inserted herself into the case.

All MOO & all that jazz.

All the PI testimony showed is how JY went through so much trouble to smoke a cigar in a cold windy night, which only focuses more on him and on things that normal people just would not do.

All he had to do was shut his room door (the normal way), go out side, smoke his cigar and swipe his card (the normal way) to come back in. the end.

The guy has more twisted stories than Dr. Seuss.

Good point!

The timing of the camera being unplugged, and then turned upward toward the ceiling says it all ! Jason Young messed with that camera, and no one else!
This witness is laughable, the defense absolutely has NOTHING !!!
You know it! I can't understand all the "excitement" over this testimony or am I missing something?

I do wholeheartedly believe that Jason did this but there are two things that nag me.

1. How was he not seen on the camera before he unplugged it.

And..

2. Why didnt Cass say 'daddy hit mommy for biting."

I remember in the Jessie Davis case her son Blake said all along that 'daddy put mommy in the rug' and he was the same age as Cass at the time.

I sure hope the jury comes back with a Guilty verdict.

IMO

Just IMHO, I believe today's testimonies showed how easily someone can TRY to make CE evidence into a coincidence. But it's the AMOUNT of coincidence that is unbelievable.

NO ONE is going to assume all these coincidences JUST SO HAPPENED, on the very night MY was murdered and the most likely suspect begins with the spouse!

Nope, I for one, am not buyin' it. It's the VOLUME of CE that is the clincher for me. You can even take two or three things, or four or five, as being a coincidence, but beyond that point, you've lost me to the guilty side.

JMHO of course, and ALL opinions are welcome on Websleuths!

fran

How would finding the guy in the accident prove JY is innocent? It doesn't, and it has no bearing on this case.

The defense has not poked holes in the fact that JY wasn't seen by another human being from 12:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m., unless you count Gracie seeing him at 5:30 a.m. in a place he wasn't supposed to be at that time of the morning.

As a first time watcher of the trial, and one who hasn't read one iota of discovery or previous testimony, I firmly believe JY had the motive, the means & the opportunity to brutally beat Michelle & Rylan to death. Not one of their witnesses put on so far has created any reasonable doubt for me so far. Faye's testimony was laughable, the car she had witnessed was on an entirely different street! And IMO CB blew it by saying she'd withdraw her testimony if it didn't fit the picture the state was trying to paint. Her credibility with me was blown with that, and gave me the impression she inserted herself into the case.

All MOO & all that jazz.

It would prove what the computer searches were for, but, it's also possible the person died as a result of the accident.

Although, no one really has to look up head injuries to find out how to inflict them, and the state's theory is that Jason went there with the intent to strangle MY.

I have confidence in Klinkosum......for him to take 2nd chair to Collins so far , means tomorrow is all his.

jmo, of course.

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought the DT is trying to get JY locked up for life.... their entire case so far has been was less than stellar. Keep it up DT!

I feel the same way. Up until yesterday I thought the DT was strong, confident and they were going to come a swingng...fighting for their client yet now IMO it appears to me that they almost seem ...defeated. The last two days of testimony, imo, were not kind to jy. Not one witness really had a strong, solid testimony in his favor. After the direct the PT, imo, refutted a lot of what was just said and/or got the witness to say unfavorable things about jy. My heart goes out to Linda and Meredith, sitting in the court room these past two days ..hearing all of this *again.* I hope they get justice very soon.

JMO/MOO/ IMO.

I do wholeheartedly believe that Jason did this but there are two things that nag me.

1. How was he not seen on the camera before he unplugged it.

And..

2. Why didnt Cass say 'daddy hit mommy for biting."

I remember in the Jessie Davis case her son Blake said all along that 'daddy put mommy in the rug' and he was the same age as Cass at the time.

I sure hope the jury comes back with a Guilty verdict.

IMO

1. There was no one else seen in the camera before it was unplugged. So...........

2. No, CY didn't say 'daddy hit' but he said, 'mommy was getting a spanking.' IMHO, that's worse than saying the word 'daddy.' Parents give spankings, other people 'hit.'

JMHO
fran

He knew where that camera was. All he had to do was open the door and flip it up - before he even stepped over the threshold.

Really good question, and one the Pros has not been able to answer.

I didn't see Ms. Young testify today. Is it worth watching?

I think so, it's a bit different than her testifying about her little imp, you can see so much anger just under the surface, it makes it easier to understand how Jason got his personality.

This is true, but without any evidence to show what he was doing, it would be reasonable for a jury to assume he was sleeping between those times. A detective(or someone with the sheriff's office I think) testified that he got this receipt from under the door, so we know he was in the hotel room at some point that morning.

imo Gracie and Cindy Beavers cancel each other out...we don't know where JY was at 5:30am.

CY never said the other doll was "daddy".

Was more in reference to CY witnessing the murder yet still surviving. The implication of that can't be denied. The DT does not have to touch on it to make a sufficient defense - but I can see this (paired with the shoe print) as a sticking point for G in the eyes of some jurors.

///snipped by me/// CB blew it by saying she'd withdraw her testimony if it didn't fit the picture the state was trying to paint. Her credibility with me was blown with that, and gave me the impression she inserted herself into the case.

All MOO & all that jazz.

OMG she said that?????? :what:

I am also playing *mock juror*, not having watched trial #1. So far, I completely agree with you Stella.

1. There was no one else seen in the camera before it was unplugged. So...........

2. No, CY didn't say 'daddy hit' but he said, 'mommy was getting a spanking.' IMHO, that's worse than saying the word 'daddy.' Parents give spankings, other people 'hit.'

JMHO
fran

I hope you are right Fran.

But I think any child Cass' age would think a beating was a spanking no matter who did it.

IMO

It's very possible this could also go down to who gives the most powerful closing argument.......

PS, don't read GOLO, it is etxra insane today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste