State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The testimony from the folks at the hotel was that it was tampered with one other time - long before 2006 and no times since then.

i was just saying the other day that the PT should stress in their closings all the coincidences - especially only two times in several years were cameras ever tampered with at the hotel and one of the times was on the night MY was murdered. And the shoe sole of course...

The driveway is actually higher than the road. Not only was her car's height significantly lower than that of jeep-like SUV, the SUV was on higher ground.

You would be able to see... Especially if the SUV was coming out of the driveway & maybe was slanted down... If the SUV was MY its not that big....

Did the Youngs get the NYTimes? If they did, maybe she was talking about only one N&O delivery person.

Today I thought she meant that she didn't see the usual N&O delivery person.

Today, she did say that she didn't see the usual N&O person. Today she also said there were lots of newspapers delivered to that subdivision. However in the first trial, she had never seen a newspaper delivery person out there except for the regular N&O person. That's why the PT had the regular N&O delivery person testify that he delivered that day.

The driveway is actually higher than the road. Not only was her car's height significantly lower than that of jeep-like SUV, the SUV was on higher ground.

So the SUV would just drop down then... It would have to slant down at some point..... I have a small car.. Grand Am.. Hubby has SUV... I have met up with him at night for a concert or something and could see him with no problem....

Look at crime scene photo I believe # 15... You can see how the driveway slants down

HC should have made Cindy Beaver read the transcript of her own testimony from last trial. She probably reviewed her testimony with the defense and on her own a hundred times since the last trial to try to "tighten" it up for this trial.

Today, she did say that she didn't see the usual N&O person. Today she also said there were lots of newspapers delivered to that subdivision. However in the first trial, she had never seen a newspaper delivery person out there except for the regular N&O person. That's why the PT had the regular N&O delivery person testify that he delivered that day.

Count me in as another BC NG, but JY G.

Don't get me started on BC, I can't wait for a vindication retrial - and Gessner, well... <modsnip x 100>

Gessner is presiding over the Kathy Taft trial. I want to see him in action with that one because I feel the same way about him from the BC trial.

Judge Stephens is fantastic...JY has had two very fair trials imo.

So the SUV would just drop down then... It would have to slant down at some point..... I have a small car.. Grand Am.. Hubby has SUV... I have met up with him at night for a concert or something and could see him with no problem....

Were you on a pitch dark road or were there lights at the concert?

Did anyone test the DNA of the cigarette butts found outside the Young residence? (there were cigarette butts, right? or was that just a rumor)

I wondered about that after Kathy Taft's murderer was arrested b/c of cigarette butt DNA.

I dunno. I wondered about that and the stuff at the scene of Jenna Nielsen's murder. Her husband vanished too (from limelight).

This is my list of "Reasons for Reasonable Doubt", I have been working on and have placed in the following categories for easier reading or discussion, should there be.

After the defense rests, there will be nothing left in this case except closing arguments and deliberations.

1)Birchleaf Drive:
Size 10 shoeprints
Unidentified DNA
Unidentified Hair
MF testified to Youngs not locking door
that led from the garage to the home
Garage door opener broken
Missing items including MY's rings
valued at $14, 000

2) CY:
CY unafraid of her father when he came to M F's house
No signs or proof CY was ever drugged, just a theory
Unidentified print on the medicine dropper/cap
Possibility or theory CY was taken from home
Her shoes found in bed are out of place
Can not account for all the hours she was left alone
Possibility she cleaned her feet , as we know blood
was found in her shoes

3)Hotel
Business Trip well planned in advance by JY's company
Did not request a certain room or floor
Same camera, same stairwell, same hotel was disturbed
by other guests at one time
Twig in door and
Bush in reach testified by Galloway to be true
Hotel receipt placed under door
Newspaper put on doorknob,
no one noticed door was open, unlocked, or ajar
Jason would have had to leave his room door open up to 6 hours
without being caught

I dunno. I wondered about that and the stuff at the scene of Jenna Nielsen's murder. Her husband vanished too (from limelight).

Jenna Nielsen was not inside her home when she was murdered. She was not killed in her home and transported elsewhere. Her husband cooperated immediately and I believe is raising the kids. Of course he's not in the limelight out of fear for his kids. I thought foul play myself at first, because of all the previous murdering husbands in North Carolina that have tried to get away with murder.

These other guys want out of their marriage, they all think they are smarter than LE and smarter than the last husband is my opinion. They all felt that murder was a better option than divorce.

Jenna Nielsen was not inside her home when she was murdered. She was not killed in her home and transported elsewhere. Her husband cooperated immediately and I believe is raising the kids. Of course he's not in the limelight out of fear for his kids. I thought foul play myself at first, because of all the previous murdering husbands in North Carolina that have tried to get away with murder.

These other guys want out of their marriage, they all think they are smarter than LE and smarter than the last husband is my opinion. They all felt that murder was a better option than divorce.

I get that she wasn't at home. I was simply positing a theory that some of these crimes might be related.

You and me and most members of this board get the whole husband thing, but what happens when the first prolific serial killer gets it too and uses it?

Plus, I'm curious as to whether the DNA is just old origins of the item type stuff or if it's something more nefarious.

The prosecution doesn't have to have every single piece to the puzzle - just enough to allow the jury to see what the puzzle shows - hopefully, they can see that it shows JY is guilty.

This is my list of "Reasons for Reasonable Doubt", I have been working on and have placed in the following categories for easier reading or discussion, should there be.

After the defense rests, there will be nothing left in this case except closing arguments and deliberations.

1)Birchleaf Drive:

Size 10 shoeprints
Unidentified DNA
Unidentified Hair
MF testified to Youngs not locking door
that led from the garage to the home
Garage door opener broken
Missing items including MY's rings
valued at $14, 000

2) CY:

CY unafraid of her father when he came to M F's house
No signs or proof CY was ever drugged, just a theory
Unidentified print on the medicine dropper/cap
Possibility or theory CY was taken from home
Her shoes found in bed are out of place
Can not account for all the hours she was left alone
Possibility she cleaned her feet , as we know blood
was found in her shoes

3)Hotel
Business Trip well planned in advance by JY's company
Did not request a certain room or floor
Same camera, same stairwell, same hotel was disturbed
by other guests at one time
Twig in door and
Bush in reach testified by Galloway to be true
Hotel receipt placed under door
Newspaper put on doorknob,
no one noticed door was open, unlocked, or ajar

4) The SUV
No evidence in SUV found
Jason returned in that SUV, that nite
Did not attempt to stall from having SUV examined immediately,
which it was taken into police custody
No fibers, traces from the crime scene
No hairs of MY's found
Hotel Receipt found in SUV
USA newspaper found in SUV
Shoes found in SUV ( not HP's though)

5) Gas station
Unreliable eye witness
Confirmed memory problems
No customer ever found
No report filled out of disturbance
Did not tell her boss

6)NTO
Clean
No marks
No scratches
No bruises
No cuts
Darkened toenail , only
No one called to testify about toenail (?)

Other:

Timeline ( midnite to 6:30 am)
Jason would have had to drive 510 miles (170 miles 3X)
L E checked airports b/c of difficulty of timeline
SS testified to being scared, and that she felt they were being watched
Possible car sightings at home @ 5:30am and 6:15am
Both cars could match Michelle's Lexus
Car accident testified by the trooper who investigated the scene himself to be an accident
The Youngs were not having any monetary difficulties after
years of digging into their personal finances.

The door propped open was the fire exit (solid door). There is a glass door right next to it from the outside that is open at 6 AM. There is a big sign outside the door saying it is locked from sometime at night (?) to 6 AM. I'm sure they would unlock it at 6 or have customers complain.

They do have a sign to the right of the door that says this door is UNlocked at 6AM. The PT actually showed a photo of this sign on the large screen. Ill try to find it and post that part of the testimony.
I absolutely believe that they follow the procedure of unlocking the door so customers can use it..that's what it's there for.

Jmo moo moo

I get that she wasn't at home. I was simply positing a theory that some of these crimes might be related.

You and me and most members of this board get the whole husband thing, but what happens when the first prolific serial killer gets it too and uses it?

Plus, I'm curious as to whether the DNA is just old origins of the item type stuff or if it's something more nefarious.

Janet was not killed by a serial killer, Michelle wasn't either.

4) The SUV
No evidence in SUV found
Jason returned in that SUV, that nite
Did not attempt to stall from having SUV examined immediately,

That really makes sense.... How did he not know maybe blood was in there....

Bottle Cap,

Funny you should mention CSI-grade dunk, cause this case (JY) has CSI stuff abounding. I mean bloody footprints, in two shoe sizes no less; camera's or camera's that should be on, that are off; DNA of all kinds, everywhere.

Then we have the Cooper case. Not only no DNA anywhere, in cars/trunks, @the body dump site, but no crime scene anywhere could be found. It was all very strange, as compared to this one....Just IMHO

Here's the thing. I firmly believe only a sociopath/psychopath (whether there's a difference is another argument) is capable of eraser killings, which is when one spouse kills the other rather than divorcing them. Psychopaths are generally very intelligent too, so its not some guy in a wifebeater hollering STELLA and waving his Bud can around.

Josh Powell. I don't know how intelligent he was, but he wasn't a doofus. He hadn't been arrested, not enough physical evidence. Maybe NO physical evidence. Circumstantial, yes - wet spot in the rug and fans blowing at it, that sort of thing. He obviously did it. We know now he obviously did it. What would the case against him have looked like?

There are patterns, attitudes, ways of being, ways of behaving and ways of viewing other human beings. Brothers from another mother, all cut from very similar cloth. I'd dearly love to come across just one eraser killer who kept it in his pants, just so I could change my world view up a little for kicks. The patterns are there, the similarities all align and can be disussed ad nauseam, but there's no point really because people will say Oh, just because JY is guilty doesn't mean BC is guilty.

So just because these guys are smart doesn't mean they need to go round getting free passes for murder. Just because we, as regular human beings, can't fathom their minds and find it impossible to believe, doesn't mean they haven't done it. Whatever it is. Googled a dump site, thrown some HP's away. They're a different breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState