State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they both did well today. I don't have any problem with HC getting testy and argumentative, and I don't think I would if I were on a jury. I'm highly conscious all the time that this is a murder trial, not a tea party. Not only are the stakes high, but there are real victims out there waiting for justice. It might not be fun to have HC fussing right in your face, but hey - at least you're alive to be on the receiving end of it.

I liked how PY had to answer why she sent back unopened gifts LF and MF sent to CY. It made PY out to be a nasty person. I also liked how HC was able to get her to finally admit the testimony by GC and then by JY about the ring incident would be described as a violent act by her little imp!

I had mentioned this before, they seem to get along well.....

I can't wait for tomorrow.

The defense has done exactly what they needed to do......

IMO

I think it is because it is a retrial. Both PT and DT know the what will be presented. The objections were all settled in the 1st trial so much less to object to.

I'm still left dangling with the same feelings I had when the trial started. I think he's guilty but the prosecution has failed to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Yes, there are way too many coincidences and I'm not one who believes in concidences especially not as many as in this case.

There is still this nagging feeling in my gut that tells me that someone else committed this crime. He may have been a co conspirator but he wasn't actually at the crime scene. He may have orchestrated the whole thing but I just can't place him at the crime scene. Not one shred of evidence. I don't think he's such a smart guy. Actually, I think he's a jerk, immature and a weirdo. There is no way he could cover it up so nicely without leaving blood anywhere. His vehicle, the hotel, anywhere!

It's making me crazy. :banghead:

The only reason I would (and have) ever left a hotel room without the keycard is when I stay in a hotel where the keycard (when inserted into the slot on the wall) also acts as a breaker for the power in a room. Take out the card, cut the power. In a few cases in a room like this when I have left the room for a quick whatever (ice, get something from a coworker in a different room, quick trip to the front desk) and wanted to keep the power on, I have left the keycard in the power-on slot and used the bolt to hold the door open. Never was I gone for more than a few minutes though.

I have stayed in those hotels as well. I always ask for 2 keys so that I don't have to cut the power. I don't like leaving my room unlocked unless, like you stated, to run down the hall for ice or to run to the next room for a few minutes. Even with those events, I still have that extra key card and the power is left on because I have had circumstances where the door will close unexpectedly. It is a real PIA to go down and try to get another key card since they ask for ID, which at that point would be in your room!

I see where you're coming from, but I sort of thought all along that JY is so obviously guilty that they were waiting for that thing (whatever it is) to come to light that makes it a slam dunk. It didn't, so they proceeded with what they had. To me it doesn't make it a weak case, just a different one than it would be with said CSI-grade dunk.

I thought BC was guilty too. Motive, means, opportunity.

Bottle Cap,

Funny you should mention CSI-grade dunk, cause this case (JY) has CSI stuff abounding. I mean bloody footprints, in two shoe sizes no less; camera's or camera's that should be on, that are off; DNA of all kinds, everywhere.

Then we have the Cooper case. Not only no DNA anywhere, in cars/trunks, @the body dump site, but no crime scene anywhere could be found. It was all very strange, as compared to this one....Just IMHO

The only reason I would (and have) ever left a hotel room without the keycard is when I stay in a hotel where the keycard (when inserted into the slot on the wall) also acts as a breaker for the power in a room. Take out the card, cut the power. In a few cases in a room like this when I have left the room for a quick whatever (ice, get something from a coworker in a different room, quick trip to the front desk) and wanted to keep the power on, I have left the keycard in the power-on slot and used the bolt to hold the door open. Never was I gone for more than a few minutes though.

And when I have done this I am usually within view of the door. Getting ice or a soda.

I hope this is okay to ask.

Is there anyone here who thought Brad Cooper was NG but thinks Jason Young is G?

Or, vice versa?

I was on the fence with BC, and I really lived by the presumption of innocence in that trial for quite some time. However, I was in court quite a bit and I was there the day the Google map was presented. I felt it left me with two choices--he did it, or the evidence was planted. I concluded he did it. It was the smoking gun in that case, IMO.

Here's the funny thing--even though it took three years to arrest JY, and only months to arrest BC, I'm actually more convinced JY killed MY. However, what I think and what I think the State can prove may turn out to be two different things.

I think, depending on how you view this case, you can say JY is either the luckiest man on the planet, or he's the unluckiest--one of the two.

I don't understand the use of either a twig or a rock as JY has explained his actions. He indicated that he did not shut the room door completely as to not disturb other guests when he returned. It appears that there are those who find this quite believable. Now he gets to the exit door and he uses a twig to keep the door open. Since there is a bush nearby and it have been proven to be within reach and it has been proven to keep the door propped open then there are those who believe this. What I can't believe, assuming that I believe the room door as a courteous act, is why not carry the room/door key when going outside to smoke the cigar. Using the key to open the exit door would not be disturbing to any guests, correct? In my mind it is hard to believe the complete story about these 2 doors. It seems more likely that JY did not want to have timestamps recording entries into the hotel.

I'm still left dangling with the same feelings I had when the trial started. I think he's guilty but the prosecution has failed to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Yes, there are way too many coincidences and I'm not one who believes in concidences especially not as many as in this case.

There is still this nagging feeling in my gut that tells me that someone else committed this crime. He may have been a co conspirator but he wasn't actually at the crime scene. He may have orchestrated the whole thing but I just can't place him at the crime scene. Not one shred of evidence. I don't think he's such a smart guy. Actually, I think he's a jerk, immature and a weirdo. There is no way he could cover it up so nicely without leaving blood anywhere. His vehicle, the hotel, anywhere!

It's making me crazy. :banghead:

OMG!!! Thats exactly how I feel... Part of me says no way and the other is could be.. But the state has not proven anything to me...... I have that nagging feeling also...

My neighborhood only has one newspaper person deliver that I'm aware of. We get small "newspapers" through the mail. Do other neighborhoods have multiple delivery persons?

In the first trial CB said "the only newspaper delivery person I've seen out there is the regular N&O person". Today she said there were multiple papers delivered on Birchleaf.

I do wholeheartedly believe that Jason did this but there are two things that nag me.

1. How was he not seen on the camera before he unplugged it.

And..

2. Why didnt Cass say 'daddy hit mommy for biting."

I remember in the Jessie Davis case her son Blake said all along that 'daddy put mommy in the rug' and he was the same age as Cass at the time.

I sure hope the jury comes back with a Guilty verdict.

IMO

Well the defense PI witness testified today that the camera was pointed towards the stairwell and therefore someone could walk up behind it. I feel IMO only that JY unplugged just to be extra sure he was not seen or maybe he thought that it rotated at times because some do. Unplugging it covers all possibilities.

I do wholeheartedly believe that Jason did this but there are two things that nag me.

1. How was he not seen on the camera before he unplugged it.

And..

2. Why didnt Cass say 'daddy hit mommy for biting."

I remember in the Jessie Davis case her son Blake said all along that 'daddy put mommy in the rug' and he was the same age as Cass at the time.

I sure hope the jury comes back with a Guilty verdict.

IMO

Very good points. I will say that one of the points that was gnawing away at me was that "if" Jay put the rock in the door to hole it in place but the Hotel attendant kicked it out and shut the door before JLY got back to the Hotel - how did he get back in with that "rock door" now being locked? The DT guy (while being questioned by PT) stated that there was a glass door right next to it that he could have easily slipped in thru. Once inside, he pushed the camera up this time - (no reason to unplug it), grabbed his receipt and he was on his way to Hillsville.

The PT is claiming that the door is open at 6:00 but PI could not confirm the hours of that door.

As far as your questions go, the positioning of the camera in the stairwell pointed toward the hallways and inner walls of the Hotel. He is 6'2" so he would have no problem reaching up and tilting the camera upwards towards the ceiling. No prints on the camera tell me nothing, all he had to do was pull his sleeve down and push it up.
Cassie was babbling quite a bit and many have heard the "daddy" in the 911 call. I think Meredith did add to the testimony this time too.

My neighborhood only has one newspaper person deliver that I'm aware of. We get small "newspapers" through the mail. Do other neighborhoods have multiple delivery persons?

In the first trial CB said "the only newspaper delivery person I've seen out there is the regular N&O person". Today she said there were multiple papers delivered on Birchleaf.

She definitely changed her testimony. In the first trial she specifically said the News and Observer person. She specifically said it was not the regular N&O person that Friday. That was why PT during rebuttal called Travis Branch the regular (for the past 15 years) N&O delivery person who testified that his work records proved he was working that Friday.

Can someone provide a link to PY's testimony today? Not up yet on WRAL...that I can find. Thanks.

1. There was no one else seen in the camera before it was unplugged. So...........

2. No, CY didn't say 'daddy hit' but he said, 'mommy was getting a spanking.' IMHO, that's worse than saying the word 'daddy.' Parents give spankings, other people 'hit.'

JMHO
fran

The only way for anyone to unplug that camera without being seen is to approach it from behind via the fire exit door. For that reason, I think the most likely person who unplugged it was a member of hotel staff who wanted to sneak out for smoke breaks or maybe to sleep in their car. The camera is also a moot point because the rock was removed from the door by 4:00 AM thus requiring reentry to the hotel from one of the regular exit doors, all of which had operating security cameras. The prosecution failed to prove Jason had opportunity to commit the crime, i.e., he left or returned to the hotel during the timeframe of their own theory.

And while CY didn't say "daddy hit" she did say Mommy was spanked and we know Mommy wasn't spanked. The poor woman was not just hit but bludgeoned about the head and face producing a bloodbath that CY called red "stuff." I think if she had actually witnessed blood gushing from Mommy's face, it would have traumatized her just as Blake Davis was traumatized by his Mommy's death. But if you want to believe CY held the belief that only parents "spank" then you also have to believe she thinks Michelle's mother was the one "spanking" because she did use an elderly-looking female doll to do the "spanking."

I think it is clear that CY did not witness her mother's murder and was merely repeating what someone told her happened. I think it is just terrible that she was given the impression that Mommy deserved her punishment. If JY is innocent of murder--and I believe he is--his daughter has paid a terrible price.

JMO

Good for you! And I totally agree. These people have floated along for over 5 years without being held accountable for anything and it's time for them to pay the piper.

I think it was AWESOME that he nailed her in her willingness to lie for her son when he was in jail and even in her answering that line of questioning she was evasive! She came off just as oil slick as her son. In the last trial I thought she was trying so hard to come off sweet (and I thought for the most part she was successful) and it made me sick, this time they caught her in her nastiness and I loved every second of it AND I wanted to slap her through my computer screen!!

I'm sure the defense team brought up to her that maybe there are more carriers (even though she didn't know of any). I wonder how many times she reviewed her testimony from the last trial and worked to tighten it up for this one.

Did it show anyone else?

I thought BC did it, but then I watched the trial and watched a really good pros case-in-chief that landed a smoking gun in my lap, but told me I couldn't look at the bullets because of National Security. That one thing made me think he didn't do it and the whole thing was a stinker. You don't hide behind something like that if you can honestly open it up (or subpoena google) and make it understandable. You just don't do it. Not in a murder case.

Then I thought JY did it, but the defense raised my hackles on reasonable doubt with the fact that there was unidentifiable materials in the house and the "this case is not solved" mantra.

Now, I'm thinking this will be a hung jury and no one will ever know the truth OR it'll be a conviction and in five years, we'll find out there was a serial killer operating in the area from 2005 to 2010 and several of these cases will be linked and I'll feel like an idiot.

Very good points. I will say that one of the points that was gnawing away at me was that "if" Jay put the rock in the door to hole it in place but the Hotel attendant kicked it out and shut the door before JLY got back to the Hotel - how did he get back in with that "rock door" now being locked? The DT guy (while being questioned by PT) stated that there was a glass door right next to it that he could have easily slipped in thru. Once inside, he pushed the camera up this time - (no reason to unplug it), grabbed his receipt and he was on his way to Hillsville.

The PT is claiming that the door is open at 6:00 but PI could not confirm the hours of that door. As far as your questions go, the positioning of the camera in the stairwell pointed toward the hallways and inner walls of the Hotel. He is 6'2" so he would have no problem reaching up and tilting the camera upwards towards the ceiling. No prints on the camera tell me nothing, all he had to do was pull his sleeve down and push it up.
Cassie was babbling quite a bit and many have heard the "daddy" in the 911 call. I think Meredith did add to the testimony this time too.

BBM. The PT's own witness said only the front door was unlocked at 6 AM, all other doors remained locked 24/7.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member