State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed 4 trials in my life .OJ, CA, BC, and now JY , I had no doubt the jury would come back with a guilty verdict for OJ and CA, so much for how I saw it:(

I personally had no reasonable doubt that BC was guilty. Yet I had a very big fear the jury would hang. Yet at the same time I felt it was more likely they would get 12 people to say guilty than 12 people to believe not guilty.
As we are almost at the end of this trial I feel the same way I did with BC. I personally have no reasonable doubt that JY is guilty but fear for another hung jury. Yet still also feel it would be more likely for 12 people to see this as guilty than 12 people seeing it as not guilty.

I feel exactly the same way, Grammy Jean.

My neighborhood only has one newspaper person deliver that I'm aware of. We get small "newspapers" through the mail. Do other neighborhoods have multiple delivery persons?

In the first trial CB said "the only newspaper delivery person I've seen out there is the regular N&O person". Today she said there were multiple papers delivered on Birchleaf.

I think the NY Times or perhaps the Wall Street Journal may be delivered as well. We have a small county-based newspaper but it's typically delivered in the afternoons.

I think it is clear that CY did not witness her mother's murder and was merely repeating what someone told her happened.

Respectfully snipped for space

I can't imagine anyone describing the scene in enough detail to a two-year-old child that she could act it out with dolls. There would be absolutely no reason for it. You tell a child of that age that "Mommy died" or "Mommy went to Heaven." Not "a stranger came in and beat mommy to death until she bled all over the bedroom."

On Cindy Beaver. She said the car was in the driveway parked with the headlights on pointing towards the street (assumption is that the people are getting ready to leave the property). But, she also said the light posts were on and the "house was lit up" (don't remember if she said this last trial too). Did MF testify that she found the lights on in the house? I don't remember hearing that MF found the lights on or that the police found the lights on, anybody know?

I thought BC did it, but then I watched the trial and watched a really good pros case-in-chief that landed a smoking gun in my lap, but told me I couldn't look at the bullets because of National Security. That one thing made me think he didn't do it and the whole thing was a stinker. You don't hide behind something like that if you can honestly open it up (or subpoena google) and make it understandable. You just don't do it. Not in a murder case.

Then I thought JY did it, but the defense raised my hackles on reasonable doubt with the fact that there was unidentifiable materials in the house and the "this case is not solved" mantra.

Now, I'm thinking this will be a hung jury and no one will ever know the truth OR it'll be a conviction and in five years, we'll find out there was a serial killer operating in the area from 2005 to 2010 and several of these cases will be linked and I'll feel like an idiot.

I doubt it will be a hung jury this time around but I do agree that several of these cases could be linked. The horrific murder of Kathy Taft leaves the serial murder door wide open.

If he had questioned PY and CB without being argumentative/condescending I think it would have been fine. That kind of attitude makes me automatically jump into defensive mode on behalf of the person on the receiving end of it. Especially when they have no choice but to put up with it.

I do agree and was appalled at how he presented himself today. I felt he did more harm than good.

Don't attack the messenger! What was he trying to prove (or disprove)? He didn't do either and he most certainly made me feel the pain of the witnesses today. They made it pretty clear that they really did not want to be there today yet he still pursued whatever it was that he was trying to pursue.

I guess he just had another one of those memory lapses.

On Cindy Beaver. She said the car was in the driveway parked with the headlights on pointing towards the street (assumption is that the people are getting ready to leave the property). But, she also said the light posts were on and the "house was lit up" (don't remember if she said this last trial too). Did MF testify that she found the lights on in the house? I don't remember hearing that MF found the lights on or that the police found the lights on, anybody know?

She also said that the lights from her VW beetle hit the windshield of the SUV which is why she could see inside the SUV so well. Wouldn't the lights on a beetle hit the side of a SUV?

Wonder if Mr. Gracielee could do a test drive?

I do agree and was appalled at how he presented himself today. I felt he did more harm than good.

Don't attack the messenger! What was he trying to prove (or disprove)? He didn't do either and he most certainly made me feel the pain of the witnesses today. They made it pretty clear that they really did not want to be there today yet he still pursued whatever it was that he was trying to pursue.

I guess he just had another one of those memory lapses.

I keep wondering if the prosecution is trying to lose this one. Prolonged bullying to the point a juror had to ask for a break is a tad over the top.

Correction:

Search warrant for MY's Lexus was 7/24/07, sorry.

8-9 months after the murder......

I wonder why they waited so long....:confused:

They wouldn't have had to wait so long if JY had done a walk thru at the house with them and allowed them to search her vehicle then....it took a LOT longer for this investigation than it should have if there was a concerned husband interested in finding his wife's murderer (for those thinking he was not involved)...

Exactly. I hope the prosecution has tested CB's assertion by re-enacting it at the same speed, time-of-day, and same vehicles and proves that it wasn't possible to see what she claims she saw and shows it on video tomorrow (possible?). I wonder if some of the jurors drove home this evening testing this out themselves....

She also said that the lights from her VW beetle hit the windshield of the SUV which is why she could see inside the SUV so well. Wouldn't the lights on a beetle hit the side of a SUV?

The juror probably asked for a break so he/she could use the bathroom.

I keep wondering if the prosecution is trying to lose this one. Prolonged bullying to the point a juror had to ask for a break is a tad over the top.

They wouldn't have had to wait so long if JY had done a walk thru at the house with them and allowed them to search her vehicle then....it took a LOT longer for this investigation than it should have if there was a concerned husband interested in finding his wife's murderer (for those thinking he was not involved)...

You make a good point. Ironically, I see it as the thing that makes me think he didn't do it by himself. And it sort of lets him off the hook as a sociopath.

If he really thought he was going to get away with it, why didn't he go (with an attorney) and walk through the house, talk to the police,etc. He was a sociopath who got cold feet AFTER a murder?

Cindy Beaver was awesome, there foks, is your reasonable doubt.

:)

I thought the standard of proof is BEYOND a reasonable doubt...many cases have some reasonable doubt -- but I can't see this one witness as BEYOND reasonable doubt with so many facts working against JY...

Re Mrs. Young, the blunt cross demonstrated curious memory lapses mixed with fantasy-like descriptions of the marriage, and Jason specifically, that are 180 degrees opposed by his own friends and fellow defense witnesses. She was nasty to the Fisher family, and I'm "90 percent sure" she lied about something she claims Meredith said.

Put aside all the lies for a moment. Yeah, I know, but just for a minute. If Pat Young wanted this crime solved and believed her son was in fact innocent of killing her grandson, why wait half a year to report the "stolen" items from the home? Here's why...she shows the same signs as her son of being a sociopath. She knows there was no random intruder or robbery, but will at all costs defend her boy. The entire family placed this boy on a pedestal, he was led to believe he was special, adored by all and could not be told "no". The sociopathy was passed down from mother to son, he never grew up, and it all exploded as no boundaries were ever placed on him. When the one situation arose that he could not manipulate - to quote his own witness(!) - the sociopath plotted and devised his evil plan, manipulating family, friends and his job to carry out a terrible deed.

And Pat Young could give a damn about Michelle, that is also very clear.

I initially wrote d*mn, obviously I was not trying to disrespect Rylan...I was expressing great anger over Mrs. Young's display and disregard for Michelle.

we don't know why the jury asked for a break... someone could have had to use the restroom for all we know

I think the prosecution needs to make your point very clear to the jury in a very easy to understand way.

I thought the standard of proof is BEYOND a reasonable doubt...many cases have some reasonable doubt -- but I can't see this one witness as BEYOND reasonable doubt with so many facts working against JY...

You would be able to see... Especially if the SUV was coming out of the driveway & maybe was slanted down... If the SUV was MY its not that big....

Very good points. I will say that one of the points that was gnawing away at me was that "if" Jay put the rock in the door to hole it in place but the Hotel attendant kicked it out and shut the door before JLY got back to the Hotel - how did he get back in with that "rock door" now being locked? The DT guy (while being questioned by PT) stated that there was a glass door right next to it that he could have easily slipped in thru. Once inside, he pushed the camera up this time - (no reason to unplug it), grabbed his receipt and he was on his way to Hillsville.

The PT is claiming that the door is open at 6:00 but PI could not confirm the hours of that door.

As far as your questions go, the positioning of the camera in the stairwell pointed toward the hallways and inner walls of the Hotel. He is 6'2" so he would have no problem reaching up and tilting the camera upwards towards the ceiling. No prints on the camera tell me nothing, all he had to do was pull his sleeve down and push it up.
Cassie was babbling quite a bit and many have heard the "daddy" in the 911 call. I think Meredith did add to the testimony this time too.

The door propped open was the fire exit (solid door). There is a glass door right next to it from the outside that is open at 6 AM. There is a big sign outside the door saying it is locked from sometime at night (?) to 6 AM. I'm sure they would unlock it at 6 or have customers complain.

My neighborhood only has one newspaper person deliver that I'm aware of. We get small "newspapers" through the mail. Do other neighborhoods have multiple delivery persons?

In the first trial CB said "the only newspaper delivery person I've seen out there is the regular N&O person". Today she said there were multiple papers delivered on Birchleaf.

Did the Youngs get the NYTimes? If they did, maybe she was talking about only one N&O delivery person.

Today I thought she meant that she didn't see the usual N&O delivery person.

You are right. The standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt". But unlike your assertion, that works in favor of the defense, not the prosecution. Because the prosecution must prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. So, if reasonable doubt exists, they have failed.

I thought Cooper was NG, but the jury thought otherwise, and I'm fine with their decision. However, a poor defense and a judge way too sympathetic to the PT had a big influence on that verdict. Also the PT was way better, and more effective than the DT in the Cooper case.

I think JY is guilty, but I think the PT has/was insipid and left Reasonable Doubt in play. JY's defense has been good, as a whole. But that does not mean he is innocent, rather the case has been handled poorly by the state.

It took 5 years to bring JY to trial the first time, and that's because the case is weak, and is still weak. Hell, they waited nearly 4 years just to arrest JY, Cooper was behind bars waiting for trial in less than 4 months after NC's murder.

That's a clue right there how the state is grasping and reaching in getting a firm conviction on JY's butt....IMHO

Count me in as another BC NG, but JY G.

Don't get me started on BC, I can't wait for a vindication retrial - and Gessner, well... <modsnip x 100>

Totally agree on JY, I am convinced he was at the very least involved. I do think the State has not handled the prosecution well, and though I doubt any other DA's would fare too much better given the evidence and testimony - "too much better" might be enough to get a G verdict. This team? no.

Interesting...Judge here just might get the RA case as well once this one is over.

Now, I'm thinking this will be a hung jury and no one will ever know the truth OR it'll be a conviction and in five years, we'll find out there was a serial killer operating in the area from 2005 to 2010 and several of these cases will be linked and I'll feel like an idiot.

Did anyone test the DNA of the cigarette butts found outside the Young residence? (there were cigarette butts, right? or was that just a rumor)

I wondered about that after Kathy Taft's murderer was arrested b/c of cigarette butt DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member