State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think it's way over the top, imo. They want to break this woman and am still trying to understand why. She's not the one on trial. Very sad. Regardless of what we think of JY, he is still her son!!

I really don't think he's being disrespectful or badgering her at all... he's trying to discredit the glowing fantasy world that she presented yesterday that JY & MY were the perfect, newly married couple that had the best relationship in the world. The DT & Ma Young used these pictures to create this fantasy land and IMO the PT is doing one helluva job of bringing reality back to the relationship.

I agree. Unless PY got on the stand and said "my son has never had an extramarital affair" then it's not appropriate to cross her on his actions. I do not think he will win points with the jury by grilling a mother more than they grilled the defendant.

Suppose we'll see if the jury reaches a verdict how this testimony impacts their decision (I doubt it helps or hurts, honestly). Why it's effective to me is that Mrs. Young spent yesterday talking about how happy Jason and Michelle were, how he was a prankster and a little imp and all-around great guy. She continues to sell that in the face of all of these things excluding murder that show Jason Young was a terrible husband.

You can somewhat sympathize since she's a mother, but to me it's worth demonstrating to the jury that she is just that...the mother of a murder defendant. Ergo, she is not going to testify in any way to hurt her son and may even lie to protect him.

Sorry no teen I know would do something dumb like that.

Really? You don't know of a teen that does something dumb or disrespectful? My Grandmother was mooned by a whole busload of boys. She laughed and put her glasses on. Different strokes for different folks. But dumb teens are kind of par for the course around here.

I see nothing wrong with asking her about Jason's affairs after the wonderful picture of him she's tried to paint for this jury. Either she thinks his behavior was acceptable or she should be able to admit there were problems in their marriage.

I agree. Unless PY got on the stand and said "my son has never had an extramarital affair" then it's not appropriate to cross her on his actions. I do not think he will win points with the jury by grilling a mother more than they grilled the defendant.

But do you think it works to show that she(PY) was not really able to truthfully testify that they were a perfect couple. She is back tracking from yesterday for sure IMHO only.

Suppose we'll see if the jury reaches a verdict how this testimony impacts their decision (I doubt it helps or hurts, honestly). Why it's effective to me is that Mrs. Young spent yesterday talking about how happy Jason and Michelle were, how he was a prankster and a little imp and all-around great guy. She continues to sell that in the face of all of these things excluding murder that show Jason Young was a terrible husband.

You can somewhat sympathize since she's a mother, but to me it's worth demonstrating to the jury that she is just that...the mother of a murder defendant. Ergo, she is not going to testify in any way to hurt her son and may even lie to protect him.

And I think that's fine to point out in a very respectful manner. I would not do it like HC is doing it. I think he's being rude. Families of both sides should be treated with something akin to kid gloves. I'm not saying you can't impeach her, but do it respectfully.

Catching up and find it ironic that PY says they feared MY's family would take CY from them when that is exactly what they basically did....

Especially in light of the fact that they gave up CY so easily when faced with any depositions. I think PT should have followed up with that question and put it in the juror's minds (i.e. how easily they could give her up when it suited them).

What????? How would she know if MY enjoyed sex?

Why is he bashing the mom, though? I honestly don't get it. She didn't have the affairs. He did.

I think it's very risky to attack the family. MY OPINION. It could go either way. The jury can start to resent it. Apparently, yesterday, the direct was good enough that no juror even cracked a smile. Sometimes it's best to leave it alone....and move on.

Not entirely sure of this line of questioning, but if JY does not get back on the stand, this may be as close as the PT gets, so they better make the most of it. During the first trial the PT got a lot flak from posters because they were too easy on the defense witnesses, you can't have it both ways, I think they are trying their best.

But do you think it works to show that she(PY) was not really able to truthfully testify that they were a perfect couple. She is back tracking from yesterday for sure IMHO only.

I don't think she ever believed or testified that they were a perfect couple. There is a difference between saying they were happy at times, and they loved each other, and saying they were a perfect couple. I think the jury already gets the idea that if he had affairs, then he's not perfect. Attacking his Mom doesn't do anything to rectify or clarify that point.

Really? You don't know of a teen that does something dumb or disrespectful? My Grandmother was mooned by a whole busload of boys. She laughed and put her glasses on. Different strokes for different folks. But dumb teens are kind of par for the course around here.

Was your 'moon' amongst the busload?

Why is he bashing the mom, though? I honestly don't get it. She didn't have the affairs. He did.

I think it's very risky to attack the family. MY OPINION. It could go either way. The jury can start to resent it. Apparently, yesterday, the direct was good enough that no juror even cracked a smile. Sometimes it's best to leave it alone....and move on.

:deadhorse:

She put her glasses on. OK...now that is funny! :floorlaugh:

If you did not enjoy sex, why in the heck would you go so far as to have a kid and marry a man? I think it is safe to say that something changed in MY's mind or body that she did not enjoy sex. Hormonal changes could be part of it. Or she could have developed good sense. I don't think this line of questioning hurts or hinders anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member