State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-8-12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to recall he wouldn't have do a walk through with LE to tell them if anything had been stolen.

Nope, he'd already lawyered up, even before he came back to town on Day 1.

If that doesn't point towards guilt from the get go, I don't know what does.

JMHO
fran

He lawyered up because his friends talked to the cops and told him he was a suspect before he ever got to town. His actions tied to lawyering up can't be used to determine his guilt.

JMO

She may be brain damaged, but she is working, holding down a job,,,,, counting money, greeting customers, etc. So she's certainly capable of recalling what happened that morning.

Considering JLY work history, I'd say Gracie probably had a more consistent work history than then he.

I don't find anything funny about our Constitutional rights or an attorney protecting his client. I can only go by what my brother tells me. I've never been a suspect in a criminal investigation but I work with law enforcement and know most criminal attorneys don't trust them and the feeling is mutual.

JMO

I don't find anything funny about anything that has to do with a pregnant mother murdered, or anything to do with anyone being murdered. What I laughed at was the thought that Jason's attorney advised him not to talk (period) because his story sounded so bogus. I guess I was laughing at my own comment. Let's try not to get it twisted. And the more I think about it, I am pretty sure they advise you not to speak to LE w/o counsel present, they don't advise you not to speak with another living soul on this planet, which is what Jason Young wants us to believe.

Originally Posted by nursebeeme
insofar as I am seeing it the entire case is circumstantial on both sides.

The majority of murder cases are only "circumstantial."

Evidence is either direct or circumstantial.

Direct is: eye witness to the murder, a confession by the perp, or a video of the murder being committed.

Everything else, including forensic type evidence is considered "circumstantial" evidence.

So in all the years he's been there nobody ever messed with a camera before that fateful and terribly *unlucky* night of JLY.

Exactly Wyn & Janes Dean!

Getting a lawyer is totally fine and, I think, is actually a good idea.

Refusing to ever speak to anyone or even ask questions about the investigation is strange. Of course everyone's rights need to be protected. That doesn't preclude providing information that may help an investigation. Can someone explain to me why a (supposedly loving spouse who lost their wife and unborn son) would hope that the case was never solved and an arrest was never made? (this has not been entered into evidence yet, but JY said this in an email to his sister).

What could a spouse know? Lots of things. It's not up to him (or her) to decide what may or may not be of value.

I've said it before but it bears repeating: those with nothing to hide, hide nothing.

Touche'

The majority of murder cases are only "circumstantial."

Evidence is either direct or circumstantial.

Direct is: eye witness to the murder, a confession by the perp, or a video of the murder being committed.

Everything else, including forensic type evidence is considered "circumstantial" evidence.

oh I got that :wink:
but thank you for posting it for everyone
I was just trying to emphasize the point...

(as there are a lot of people following the trial this go around that are not convinced either way/didn't follow the last trial and have not heard a lot of what is being discussed as per the last trial and I want everyone to feel comfortable to participate in the discussion)

On the flip side, IF the def attorney starts bullying the witness, making them APPEAR dumb, the jury is NOT going to think very kindly of him or his attorney. The jury, IMHO, would be sympathetic to the witness and MAY believe them more because they see their appearance as a witness a great personal sacrifice, putting the witness in a fishbowl.

See, the def attorney's game face/attitude has a LOT to do with the final verdict.

JMHO of course!
fran

I agree but the jury has more to learn and see before they make a decision. I don't believe the defense asking a witness about permanent brain damage will be perceived as bullying. They didn't bully her the last time around.

JMO

I don't think his sharing his plans with MF were meant for anything other than to have a witness, SS, there to hear him as well.

Would it have seemed more normal if Jason had simply left without saying a word to Michelle about his schedule? It seems like one of those details where regardless of what he did, it would be interpretted negatively.

Argh, speed up your questions!!! This pros (Cummings, I think) drives me bonkers. I could vac, dust and do dishes during his pauses. I'm not, but could. LOL

No problem, NurseBeeme.

It seems that many people are confused by what "circumstantial" evidence is and this comes up on almost every case.

They often say that cases are "only circumstantial" as if that means a case is weak. But the reality is that very few murders ever have witnesses or confessions. Even a 'smoking gun' is circumstantial!

She may be brain damaged, but she is working, holding down a job,,,,, counting money, greeting customers, etc. So she's certainly capable of recalling what happened that morning.

Brain-damaged people can certainly work. Her job didn't require a good long-term memory.

JMO

The ABC trial feed's volume is too low. I noticed this during the other trial. WRAL has normal volume but the feed times out about every 12 min.

IMO, Gracie did a fine job the first go round. She identified the man who 'was ugly to her that early morning', cursed at her and threw money at her and didn't come back to get his five dollars change. Like me, she might not be a great judge of height, but she had good recall of all the events that happened that fateful night. The only night the cameras in the hotel had ever been messed with.

Argh, speed up your questions!!! This pros (Cummings, I think) drives me bonkers. I could vac, dust and do dishes during his pauses. I'm not, but could. LOL

LoL, you weren't here last year when he was asking questions during the BC case. This is like a time warp in some ways.

He lawyered up because his friends talked to the cops and told him he was a suspect before he ever got to town. His actions tied to lawyering up can't be used to determine his guilt.

JMO

I know you can't use them not testifying before the jury against a def.

Actually, I think you CAN use it them not talking to LE from Day 1. IF you couldn't they would NOT have allowed the pros during the first trial to emphasize the fact he hadn't talked in 1000 + days, until his murder trial.

I also believe the def NOT talking to LE also goes towards them keeping him in mind as a POI.

Please check your source and let us know. I'd like to know the answer to that.

JMHO
fran

IMO, Gracie did a fine job the first go round. She identified the man who 'was ugly to her that early morning', cursed at her and threw money at her and didn't come back to get his five dollars change. Like me, she might not be a great judge of height, but she had good recall of all the events that happened that fateful night. The only night the cameras in the hotel had ever been messed with.

Sure wish there were camera's at the gas station... I wonder if he knew that already :waitasec: .

He's doing a bang up Perry Mason style job with this case. You should have heard him, maybe you did, during the BC trial. I honestly thought I was going to have to quit watching because he drove me completely crazy. Had Boz, the other ADA not been so darn good, I probably would have quit watching and just read on here from day to day.
HC is the lead/senior ADA in the Wake County DA's office. I think JTF said the other day that he's 58.

Sure wish there were camera's at the gas station... I wonder if he knew that already :waitasec: .

There were cameras at the gas station, they just were not working that am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member