State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-8-12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
iirc, in the first trial, the Judge issued a jury instruction that they could only use his refusal to talk to police to determine his credibility. They could not use it as evidence of guilt.

JMO

edited to add: there was much testimony from friends/family that JY was advised by the friends to lawyer up before he got back to Raleigh. That's why the Judge issued that instruction, imo.

OK, kinda' the same thing, to me. I know it doesn't mean guilt, but it definitely speaks volumes to me.

Oh, fwiw, I was dismissed in a trafficing/grand theft auto/ identity theft case as I couldn't honestly say IF he'd not testified in his own behalf, I wouldn't hold it against him. I was being honest and because of a RL experience by someone I know. Of course the fact that one of the witnesses worked in the forensic lab with my daughter may have had something to do with it too! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info,
fran
:)

:::::::waking up OctMom:::::::

You better get with it, this is some of the more interesting parts.

Wait until you get to the DNA and computer stuff before you zzzzzzzzz off.

LOL

I am a moon! Damn that Octomom!

Kathy Taft and I believe David Saacks was taken off this case to work on that one.

Saacks is good.

He failed to persuade 8 people last time and I doubt they will this time.

JMO

Isn't it that NC School Board lady's murder? I can't remember her name right now but I think I read he's lead on that trial that begins very soon.

Kathy something....I had her last name and lost it that quickly. Darn headache.

Ah, Kathy Tate was it? Although that one seemed like a slam dunk, didn't they have DNA rape evidence?

okay.... that was pretty funny :rocker:

You guys ar pretty funny, even if we are on different sides, and my rep may have been greatly exxagerated before I arrived,
I really like being here to follow the trial.

And, OctoMom is cleaning house before OctoDad gets home.!!

Do they do everything this slow in the south?

:what:

Yes. Most definitely.

As someone who moved from MI when 9 years old and now proudly calls NC my home I can judge.

I call myself a Yankabilly! :seeya:

My family up north all talk too fast, and my family down here are all slow as molasses! There has to be a happy middle ground somewhere!

OK, kinda' the same thing, to me. I know it doesn't mean guilt, but it definitely speaks volumes to me.

Oh, fwiw, I was dismissed in a trafficing/grand theft auto/ identity theft case as I couldn't honestly say IF he'd not testified in his own behalf, I wouldn't hold it against him. I was being honest and because of a RL experience by someone I know. Of course the fact that one of the witnesses worked in the forensic lab with my daughter may have had something to do with it too! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info,
fran

The last trial, the prosecution seemed to bet its entire case on the fact that Jason didn't talk to cops. It was more than obvious they didn't anticipate Jason would take the stand and testify. After he did so, the Judge couldn't allow the prosecution to use that previous silence against him as evidence of guilt. The jurors as individuals may very well have wanted to hold it against him. Four jurors refused to budge.

JMO

You guys ARE funny, even if we are on different sides, and my rep may have been greatly exxagerated before I arrived, I really like being here.

as long as we are all kind to one another and respectful we can all agree to disagree and still have a laugh or two..

the beauty of websleuths

now... i am trying to reboot the stooopid video player and eat vegetable pizza at the same time and it is not working! :gasp:

Ah, Kathy Tate was it? Although that one seemed like a slam dunk, didn't they have DNA rape evidence?

Yes, I think the prosecution has a pretty firm grip on the Taft--it's Taft--case. But, for the past year or so when I think it's going to be a pretty tight trial for the prosecution is when the juries have come back with insane verdicts.
I am still trying to find out what the hold up is in the Raven Abaroa case. I was thinking that trial was supposed to begin last fall. Anybody know?

No one at the station knew they were not working that am.

We will get to that part.

What are the chances of that???

'If' it was him... then video would have done him in and ruined the ENTIRE plan. 'If' it wasn't him on video... all the more likely he was innocent.

-Why would he pick that certain gas station anyway? Sure does seem like he knew it wasn't working.

-Of course he knew how to take care of the ones that DID work.

as long as we are all kind to one another and respectful we can all agree to disagree and still have a laugh or two..

the beauty of websleuths

now... i am trying to reboot the stooopid video player and eat vegetable pizza at the same time and it is not working! :gasp:

I was expecting these huge masses of emails or PM's sent out about anyone having doubts of Jason's guilt,

not that I think anyone would really do that, but everyone has been great.......

It is always nice to wait before you judge someone for yourself.

Then being said, I know, I know, everyone still things Jason is guilty.

You gonna share that pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members