State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-8-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He had no choice really. She's the state's only witness and she's brain-damaged. The jury needs to know that.

JMO

<modsnip>

My dad had a small stroke - is he unreliable to ever be a witness? How about anyone who has suffered a concussion? Gotten drunk and killed 10K brain cells?

<modsnip>

"JMO"

Oh, that's settled then. He's a good father, so he couldn't have erased his wife.

just sayin'
fran

Today isn't a good day for Jason because all his bad behavior as an irresponsible husband is coming out. Also, the fact that he listened to the advice of lawyers is turned a little bit upside down and used to imply that he was uncooperative regarding interest in his wife's murder.

The jury won't be allowed to judge him on taking the advice of his lawyer and remaining silent. I think as this moves forward, the jury will be concluding they would have done the same thing.

JMO

Huh? It was the truth. Cops were able to prove his alibi independently and the prosecution's only hope of proving he had the opportunity is with the testimony of a brain-injured woman.

JMO

LE didn't "prove" his alibi, they only confirmed that he checked into the hotel and some mighty strange things happened while he was there. You've forgotten that Spivey drove the route, twice I believe, once at night, once in the day. Spivey was able to prove with his timing of the trip that Jason had ample opportunity to return to Raleigh, kill Michelle, and get back to the hotel. Gracie's testimony is just the icing on the cake.

I agree. My husband travels a lot and one of the last things he does before leaving is tell me where he'll be staying and when he expects to get there. The fact that the prosecution is making it a big deal is yet another indication they have no real evidence.

JMO

Prior to his retirement my husband travelled for business also. As soon as his arrangements were made he provided me with a print out of his itinerary. Including the phone numbers of where he was going to be, his hotel number, the number of the business or place he would be during the day, etc. That was before the days of cell phones being commonplace. I can't recall a single time my husband 'told me as he was going out the door'. ymmv

Oh, that's settled then. He's a good father, so he couldn't have erased his wife.

just sayin'
fran

Good fathers don't often create and then quickly erase their unborn third child.

JMO

Obtaining an attorney is not unwise. I would have retained an attorney and then I would have answered questions, with my attorney present to protect my rights. Unless I was guilty, that is, and then I would have behaved exactly as JY did and not said a word to anyone at anytime, ever.

Jason Young swallowed his friend's wedding ring (female friend who he had sex with on the couch in his LR while his wife was in NY). The friend had to change her flight back home to Montana and wait until JY defecated to get her rings back.

Note that the dog, Mr. G, was much better behaved than his human.

Just got back from work...playing catch up. Had to add
:gasp:

Prior to his retirement my husband travelled for business also. As soon as his arrangements were made he provided me with a print out of his itinerary. Including the phone numbers of where he was going to be, his hotel number, the number of the business or place he would be during the day, etc. That was before the days of cell phones being commonplace. I can't recall a single time my husband 'told me as he was going out the door'. ymmv

<modsnip>.

I've got my own career and have no need for a print-out and never have.

JMO

is that even appropriate?

My dad had a small stroke - is he unreliable to ever be a witness? How about anyone who has suffered a concussion? Gotten drunk and killed 10K brain cells?

I find that statement to be ugly.

"JMO"

More smearing of an upcoming witness IMO. Something I thought was frowned upon here.

LE didn't "prove" his alibi, they only confirmed that he checked into the hotel and some mighty strange things happened while he was there. You've forgotten that Spivey drove the route, twice I believe, once at night, once in the day. Spivey was able to prove with his timing of the trip that Jason had ample opportunity to return to Raleigh, kill Michelle, and get back to the hotel. Gracie's testimony is just the icing on the cake.

Technically, Jason never spoke to police so he never provided an alibi to them. The police did prove he was at the restaurant and the hotel. They failed to prove he ever left.

Testimony from a brain-damaged witness won't be icing on the prosecution's cake.

JMO

My first time posting on here....

I like the way they put MeF on the stand for so long....painting MY as a person and a loving, caring mom. I think that was missing from the first trial.

Welcome Malegenius! Please spend some time with us and share your thoughts.

Obtaining an attorney is not unwise. I would have retained an attorney and then I would have answered questions, with my attorney present to protect my rights. Unless I was guilty, that is, and then I would have behaved exactly as JY did and not said a word to anyone at anytime, ever.

I'll bet you'd be trying to help LE find out WHO really did kill your spouse too, right? Unless you were guilty...

My volume on my computer SUCKS. I can barely hear trial.

AND, I need to get off my butt and spray some Fabreeze so it smells clean in here lol.

He got double dog dared? to pee on the carpet?

:waitasec:

Oh well then *that* explains it. :waitasec:

If somebody double-dog dared my hubby, I'm sure he'd also pee on the carpet. Yeah, right. :maddening:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71